Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 118531 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
really?  dead already?  that's crazy.  i have crysis 2 but haven't messed in multi yet.  i was really hoping the multi would be good since single was something of a step back from 1.
In what way? In terms of maps, they were more linear, but I felt as if the story, general gameplay, and art style was far superior than that of Crysis 1.

What planet you from son?

The story was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. And the continuity with C1 is nowhere to be seen. It's worse than Transformers 2 for f****s sake!

There was zero continuity, it was basically a reboot

For better or worse though C2 did end up with a much better-written story on the dialogue level -- I'm not sure the plot was any better but it certainly wasn't any worse. (I'm not arguing with you about this though since we both know that's pointless)

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Now, we got that settled! Thanks to me.

On topic of Mass Effect 3.

What level is the Illusive Man on, in terms of his alliance with the Reapers? I think he'll try to use their technology to  make 'super humans' that are almost like Husks, or a superweapon that is based off their technology.

PS I have never played the games, but I have paid close attention to the facts on the wiki.  :P
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Then you should play the games.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

I think Casey is just messing with the fans by saying that TIM is working "with" the reapers.

In fact, he will be doing nothing like that at all. His plans run counter to both the Reapers and Shepard. TIM wants humanity dominating the galaxy and perhaps he has found a way to defeat the reapers. TIM however will try to use this knowledge or technology to do so and guarantee humanity (read Cerberus) domination in the galaxy. Shepard is trying to get this knowledge / tech from cerberus so the whole council races can destroy the reapers like common sense dictates.

At least I hope so. I fought Saren in ME1, I don't want a Saren 2.0 in ME3.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Expecting Bioware to have good stories is like expecting Obsidian to ship a bug-free game. Abandon all hope of a satisfying or surprising macroplot and just go in for the character moments and 80s action movie feel.

I mean **** Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games and I will not for a moment pretend that anything about its overall plot mattered in any way to the ME setting or did anything to advance the story. It was just a fun atmosphere and character piece.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
They were at least competent with KOTOR1.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline mxlm

Expecting Bioware to have good stories is like expecting Obsidian to ship a bug-free game.
Dungeon Siege III

Of course, if you wanted it to be a proper Obsidian game and not a brawler/ARPG hybrid, well...
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

According to Rock Paper Shotgun, the MP is quite basic, but very much fun.

Its apperently akin to "hordes" "Waves" and "Gauntlet". 4 men, women, and/or Asari have three powers, a gun, and a backup-gun, which they then shoot a lot of bad dudes with. Its apperently massive fun to co-ordinate and do combos, like in Mass Effect 2.

Offline Luis Dias

Expecting Bioware to have good stories is like expecting Obsidian to ship a bug-free game. Abandon all hope of a satisfying or surprising macroplot and just go in for the character moments and 80s action movie feel.

I mean **** Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games and I will not for a moment pretend that anything about its overall plot mattered in any way to the ME setting or did anything to advance the story. It was just a fun atmosphere and character piece.

In ME2 they were simply not that much interested in the story per se, but in what you refer as "fun atmosphere and character piece". ME3 is different, since the story here is the main focus... It will be riddled with plot holes and deus ex machinas, sure, but I do think it will be way better than ME2 in that regard.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Hey man, there was nothing that bad about ME2 to complain about. It was a good game. **** that ****ing terminator though. ****. Anyway, ****. If that ****'s fun, then what's the ****ing problem?

Offline Luis Dias

The whole collector story was not that well thought out. The writers themselves admit as such. I'm not complaining. There was a whole lot of interesting things going on at the meantime ;).

Offline Mikes

Any news on whether they will insist on that Origin garbage like with BF3 and STOR?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
If you mean the spysoftware, yes, Mass Effect 3 will have it too. I cannot impress how much I'm being pissed about that. I always honored Bioware for creating great games, I can't say the same for EA which long term project seem to be ruining gaming companies. As much honest I'm usually am, I will certainly not install with full knowledge a spy program on my system.

I will buy the game (because I'm honest), but for playing I will use a pirated version with crack or whatever, to outrun this system. I hope some maniacs graps a gun and pays the management department of EA a visit.  :mad: :hopping:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I really don't give a rats ass about Origin as long as it adheres to laws and yes, I am aware that it breaches laws at least in Germany. I am more worried about how it affects performance of games and other applications when ran, because I've heard it does cause significant performance drop for whatever reason.

Still, it is likely EA will address both legal and performance issues by the time ME3 comes out. At which point I don't really care if I have to install it to play games published by EA. I don't have a problem with Steam, so I don't see why I would have to have a problem with Origin.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Not exactly sure how Origin is supposed to impact performance, really. Because as far as I can tell, it really doesn't.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I've seen a few reports where people got significant fps improvement when they managed to launch their games without Origin. How true those reports are is another matter.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I'm actually more concerned about the reports, that this software seems to spy everything out. Of course, it's hard to tell what is true, and what's just panic-making atm. But according to some reports, it seems to spy into a lot of  folders that doesn't had to do anything with the games. It search folders of handy users and software, adress data and what the hell else. I don't mind if companies try to protect their property, but spying on my privat data is not ok.

Despite, all this copy protection has been bull**** for all the years. No matter how big the companies are. EVERY SINGLE game has been cracked and ready for downloads latest 24 hours after release. So everyone one, who intends to pirate a game, will do it anyway. It's just the usual honest buyers, that are ****ed with such a crap. And it's not only with games, it's with everything.

Small example : DVD's. My Stargate DVD's and others have their usual legal warnings, advertising for "not to pirate" and so on. Quite a few screens, and at the end of the DVD it takes more than 5 minutes before I get the control for my remote back. And they are made so, that you cannot skip them, not even hit the stop button. Only shuting down the players cancel it. But if I would have pirated the crap via torrent, I wouldn't have to bother with that. So no wonder, that pirating get's even worse. But instead of aknowledging that, it get's worse years after years, and yes, I'm starting to get sick of it.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

I'm actually more concerned about the reports, that this software seems to spy everything out. Of course, it's hard to tell what is true, and what's just panic-making atm. But according to some reports, it seems to spy into a lot of  folders that doesn't had to do anything with the games. It search folders of handy users and software, adress data and what the hell else. I don't mind if companies try to protect their property, but spying on my privat data is not ok.

It scans your program data folder for installed programs. It tries to see if you have other games that work with origin installed.
Its like steams 'add a non steam game to your steam list' thing. Or that Windows Uninstall Software thing.

Quite sure this was already handled on the BF3 thread as well.

Offline mxlm

It scans your program data folder for installed programs. It tries to see if you have other games that work with origin installed.
Its like steams 'add a non steam game to your steam list' thing. Or that Windows Uninstall Software thing.
Whatever it's doing, on launch it locks up my computer for a good twenty seconds while it does whatever it does.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action

Quite sure this was already handled on the BF3 thread as well.
Except Steam is optional and only scans at user request.  It doesn't take over.  This sounds like everything bad I thought Steam was before I started using it.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.