Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 582367 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
NOTE: Qaz downgraded the server version again. It's back to 1.8.1 because of plug-in problems.

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
And one more time:

1.8.1 jar, loaded with Optifine and Rei's mini-map: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?45dk3cufsnq4qdd
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Hmm I still don't know how to get 1.8.1 to work again; what do I do with the jar? Renaming doesn't seem to work.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I've tried downgrading several times, and each time I do it, MineCraft doesn't work. I can sign in, but after that it just freezes. The menu doesn't even appear.

Also, my comp seems to think that the jar is a text file and won't take "No" for an answer.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline -Sara-

I doubt I'll downgrade. The server doesn't offer a lot in it's laggy state and I'm good waiting until 1.0 is on proper this time. :) Finished the stronghold, can put in portals, cauldrons, the big level 50 book and potions stands when it goes up again.

In the meanwhile: Notch steps down largely from Minecraft, Jeb takes over. Jeb has a load of ideas for new things to include. Stuff like apples randomly dropping from trees is already implemented in a new beta. Now with Jeb-code and no longer Notch-code, the game already runs two-times faster! Players using creative can carry around "mob eggs", which when right-clicked will hatch and spawn 1 mob of a specific kind.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:38:25 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
mine is okay, no brokenness.

then again, it depends on which plugins you use.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
dangerously outdated versions of eeeverythiiiiing, will get sorted when I get back from oxford interviews tomorrow.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
dangerously outdated versions of eeeverythiiiiing, will get sorted when I get back from oxford interviews tomorrow.
oof. yeah. i fell into that pit a few times myself. it can be a ***** to sort out sometimes.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

I love you
"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Hmm I still don't know how to get 1.8.1 to work again; what do I do with the jar? Renaming doesn't seem to work.

Go to your minecraft folder. Go to the bin folder. Copy my (or any 1.8.1) jar file. Paste it in your bin folder. Yes you want to overwrite. Start MC. Done.

When you want 1.0 again, just force an update.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

I love you
Bro hug!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I wasn't thinking about hugs...
"No"

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
1) No more grinders, you can obviously see what the first one did

2) It has been fixed, lay off it already

You've still yet to build your own mob spawner and actually test it. So until you do that, I'm of the opinion it's broken.
Anyone else on the server can tell you mobs are not spawning how they are supposed to...all you gotta do is compare trashmans place to everywhere else.

New mob spawning code is based on number of loaded chunks rather than a fixed limit of number of mobs, so mob density on the server should be constant

1.0 new code :D? Or 1.8.1.
If it's 1.0 that should fix it hopefully.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:32:13 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Dont like how mobs are spawning? Move to trashmans place. There is nothing broken, or at minimum nothing that can be fixed. Again, lay off it.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Just made a hundred foot tall  pair of breasts made from Netherack on a CMP server outside someones mountain keep.
This is why I try to keep myself away from creative servers.  :banghead:

The Force shall free me.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Dont like how mobs are spawning? Move to trashmans place. There is nothing broken, or at minimum nothing that can be fixed. Again, lay off it.

Again, test it yourself. You have creative, shouldn't be too hard to dig out a decent mob trap. Mine has 278 blocks of spawning space on each floor, with 4 floors, so 1112 blocks total in pitch black darkness; and can go for hours without spawning anything.

By comparison, the fenris spawner only has 606 blocks of spawning space, but seems to be spawning stuff more frequently than mine (still no where near as frequent as it should be)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:25:51 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sweet, not reading the thread for a whole day pays off.  No need to downgrade!

Speaking of mob traps, how exactly does the Fenris spawner work?  Is it the really-big-room-of-trenches-down-at-bedrock method I've seen on the wiki?  I think I might like to try building one for my SP world, so I was wondering how best to set it up.  I might just copy that Two Awesome Gamers Skyblock podcast's derpy one, since that looks fun. :p

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Sweet, not reading the thread for a whole day pays off.  No need to downgrade!

Speaking of mob traps, how exactly does the Fenris spawner work?  Is it the really-big-room-of-trenches-down-at-bedrock method I've seen on the wiki?  I think I might like to try building one for my SP world, so I was wondering how best to set it up.  I might just copy that Two Awesome Gamers Skyblock podcast's derpy one, since that looks fun. :p

It used to have mob spawner blocks in it, but now it's just a pitch black room with trenches yeh. If you build one that big in single player though, it will produce a hell of a lot more mobs than the fenris one does now.
When Australia burned.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Riiight... One day we saw you join the server and decided, "Hey, you know what would be fun? lets never let anything spawn for Grimper!"...

Ya, no. One more time: There is nothing wrong with the code, take your complaints elsewhere since it will not be magically fixed due to your constant whining. Either:

1) Move to where the mobs are.
2) Wait for 1.0 to change things up a bit and hope it does something.
3) Open up the code and design a patch for the notchcode to 'fix' it.
4) leave it alone and stop complaining.

EDIT: I personaly suggest 2, it seems the most likely to happen if any will.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:37:46 pm by KyadCK »

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Riiight... One day we saw you join the server and decided, "Hey, you know what would be fun? lets never let anything spawn for Grimper!"...

o.O you act like I'm the newbie here...you realise I've been at HLP 4 years compared to your 11 months? I don't see the need for such attitude, all my arguments have been civil and well researched. Unless you can come up with the same I don't see the point in complaining about me. It's really not that hard to present facts and solid evidence against someones case...unless there is no evidence against to present of course.

If you can't keep calm and civil about this, put it into PMs instead of flooding the thread with trash.
When Australia burned.