Author Topic: Volition: 'We'd Kill To Make FreeSpace 3' on Nowgamer.com  (Read 28781 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Volition: 'We'd Kill To Make FreeSpace 3' on Nowgamer.com
* FUBAR-BDHR waits on the beam version of the canon
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Interplay, this is the Volition Bravos. You are ordered to power down and surrender the FS rights !
Negative developer, money is the only legitimate authority in this system !
Surrender or be destroyed. This is your final warning.
Your posturing insults us both developer, I will not give up those rights !
As you wish. Gunnery control, open fire !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Mikes

Yeah, exactly.  No matter how it would turn out quality-wise, there's a part of me that will always want to see how :v: would have continued the story.

... just so we can put our noses up and say: yeh well,...  played a mod that was better already... eh?

Think of it... all these great storylines that are currently are "non-canon"... would suddenly get elevated to "better than canon" status ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:27:48 am by Mikes »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
cannon you said?  ;7

Srsly, those are just pov's, I for one think that V's stuff is to be recognized as the only truth, and fannon is just what someone else thought it should have been.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Drogoth

cannon you said?  ;7

Srsly, those are just pov's, I for one think that V's stuff is to be recognized as the only truth, and fannon is just what someone else thought it should have been.

Agreed 100%
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I think  :v: hot carl'ed us like usual.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You think?  :(
el hombre vicio...

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
(in b4 threadsplit)

One should never put a thong on a shivan.  That Vasudan in the bikini was bad enough...
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Like others said, not really past  :v: to jostle us once in a bit. I remember that one video interview thing parody thing  :v-old: did like two years ago. It was mostly talking about their new games, but they had a lot of fs2 posters and **** in the background.

I forget who did it (it was somebody from here like goober, dab, kara, etc.), who took a list of future xbox 360 games and photo imaged fs3 on there.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Like others said, not really past  :v: to jostle us once in a bit. I remember that one video interview thing parody thing  :v-old: did like two years ago. It was mostly talking about their new games, but they had a lot of fs2 posters and **** in the background.
Hee, the Red Faction Ostrich Hammer one.  I just watched that again recently. :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

I forget who did it (it was somebody from here like goober, dab, kara, etc.), who took a list of future xbox 360 games and photo imaged fs3 on there.

I don't think they're joking, they'd love to make FreeSpace 3.

Of course they would, just as much as we would all love to play it.
But wishes and love don't pay the bills. Making games that the bosses and public tell you to make does.
[/obvious man]

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I'm pretty sure they're not joking too. But wishes and love only works on my mommy. And well, desire to do something without means only gets to be desire. What else would  :v-old: say about future fs games anyway? They did like the fs series that they made a lot. Yeah they'll say they want to make another.

Us here with hopeful expectation, ala hot carl.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:23:38 pm by S-99 »

SMBFD

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

I don't think they're joking, but that doesn't mean they're simply avoiding burning their bridges.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

I don't think they're joking, but that doesn't mean they're simply avoiding burning their bridges.

Well I guess we'll find out (sorta) next week.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I am aware that this thread is a fair bit old, but I felt compelled to put in my two cents regarding console versions.

Sure, it's a known fact that you cannot really mod anything, but what if there was a system implemented that would allow you to access mods done for the computer, on the console? By that, you could browse the latest additions via a menu option on the console version enabling you to utilize those mods. You're probably asking why would we want the console players to benefit from all the work the PC players do. FRED was an included feature for FS1/2. If they had something similar, it'd probably be included on FS3 to simply make the older players happy. If it can be put on a disc as an application, why not include it as a menu option on the disc. Take Farcry 2 for example. Console players had the opportunity to create their own maps because of an easy to use map creator. Same thing can be done for Freespace. That would cover fan mission additions. Other mods such as ship creation could have a program much like G.E.C.K. for Fallout. You can download it for free, and that gives console players to contribute in that fashion. You'd still need a PC, but at least it'd open up opportunities for console players who don't have systems that can run the game at it's prime.

I just wanted to get that out of my system. Too many people saying consoles don't deserve the chance (not talking specifically about here. Many comments to the various sites that have the same article have these discussions). As for joysticks, most are USB and can hook up to the consoles that are out currently. Just add the ability to custom map what controls you want where. That and you cut down on the many different functions that aren't generally used (being cut engine power 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, and all those other what I personally consider useless functions). I suppose those who play on the PC could maintain all those in a far more advanced style menu.

It could work. I'll be quiet now
"No"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Actually, ETS and other systems are really usefull if you know how to use them and especially if you have a good HOTAS set which would allow to map ETS to joystick or throttle buttons, giving you immidiate access to them. Being unable to use such options may seriously hinder preformance in certain missions, expecially in innovative campaigns which require players to do things other than shooting things (BP: WiH has a lot of such missions). Of course, it's possible to play FS2 without them, but it may be difficult. Moving them to menu would make access a bit too complicated for use in combat, rendering many thing useless.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
By menu I meant the selection menu which displayed everything before combat. That being specific to PC users while console gets a similar, but less detailed and more basic setup. Or, they could both have everything listed to them and console users will just have to make due with what they feel that want to use.

That and who doesn't want a challenge. All I've ever used was trottle, match speed, shoot, counter measures, targetting systems and ship targetting. Then again, I've never had the ability to play any fan based missions except my own due to the fact I can't run FSO properly (not an install problem, hardware problem)

In fact, you could eliminate the command lineup by using Endwars system of voice commands. You could still have the option to do the old fashioned way, but once again, the less buttons you use for basics the more you could use for the more detailed functions.

So much for me staying quiet...
"No"

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Now we have: "Volition Secret Project Y"

Cause X was Saints Row - The Third.. right?
el hombre vicio...