Author Topic: Skyrim and Stuff  (Read 39375 times)

Offline newman

The Companions questline is also pretty cool, as well as the "civil war" thing. I went with the Legion, fighting Stormcloaks. Not sure what the quests are like if you decide to join the Stormcloaks instead.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If you are going to do some hardcore crafting I suggest you do the star of azula quest early as well, it's so useful for enchanting.

While you can dual-wield lightning now I don't think that's the name you were looking for.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Probably Azura, she's got the Azura's Star soul gem.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

The fact that certain 'quest' items can never, ever, be removed from your inventory (
Spoiler:
As soon as you pick up the elder scroll, it's stuck in your inventory forever, same for some of the bard quest items (EVEN after you had them in!) and some other stuff

Spoiler:
Actually, you can remove the Elder Scroll from your inventory.  Take it to the librarian of the College of Magi.  He'll pay quite a bit of cash for it.

He never offered that for me x.x?
The 20 weight item that you use towards the end of the game? You can sell it?
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

I never paid any attention to the weight.  It's marked quest critical, and thus it's weightless.  Doesn't count against your limit at all.

Not true.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Somewhat.

One of the Companion quests would have left me well overencumbered after collecting those headz, but my weight wasn't affected by them at all.
Until I had completed that quest in which I suddenly felt quite heavy...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
WTF is it with the Bethseda and this new "update"?
Who the hell thought it was a good idea???
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

It is quite a difference compared to Oblivion's DVD-check only, which was easy to fix, true. I've seen some small graphical issues on my end lately but nothing too bothersome, perhaps from the update as my PC is quite cool (HAF 922 case) and the GPU quite new (Geforce 560 Ti).

What problems are you experiencing on your end?
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
None. I'm just pissed at what it does to modding.

There's already a few good mods (inventory GUI, improved crafting), but I want MHOAR. (including non-revolting looking elves)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
If you are refering to that small patch through steam a few days back, it's not from bethesda, it's made from steam to prevent that players start the game WITHOUT steam. You are now forced to use it. Sofar, no official patch from the dev, they have quite a lot to rebalance :)

Luckily, I backuped my original exe and can still run without steam. That will end though, once 1.2 is out.

(edit) at least, so they say at the bethesda forums. My game shows the same version 1.1.21.0, but I still can launch without steam.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:59:21 am by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Good thing to hold onto that exe then, may want to acquire it later on if it goes downhill from here.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It's reasons like these why I sometimes pirate games....

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
What.  You sometimes pirate games because you don't want to use Steam, arguably one of the least intrusive DRMs, and one that actually comes with a net benefit to most peoples' gaming interests?

The more you post on this forum, the more I'm convinced that you live in some kind of mirror world where everything that you encounter is inexplicably an evil mirror image of good things.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
What.  You sometimes pirate games because you don't want to use Steam, arguably one of the least intrusive DRMs, and one that actually comes with a net benefit to most peoples' gaming interests?

The more you post on this forum, the more I'm convinced that you live in some kind of mirror world where everything that you encounter is inexplicably an evil mirror image of good things.

The more you post on this fo-- you're ignoring what he just said.

I'm just pissed at what it does to modding.

It wasn't about Steam itself, per se.

I must admit, getting a... non-steam version next to my fully paid for game may be prudent for modding in the future unless the patches make that impossible or much harder. I kinda feel getting a pirated version of a game you legally bought beforehand isn't that bad though, I may do that if I need to back up certain games that I may not be able to play with Steam if I lose internet connection for a long period of time, sometimes steam didnt wanna play my games cause i was on offline status too long (sometimes just one week, mostly several weeks), even if it's just Portal, HL2 or other singleplayer games.

However, let's see where it turns out and focus on the enjoyment of Skyrim instead as I find it to be more and more amazing the more I play, which is great :)

-----------------

- George Orwell

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
There's already a few good mods (inventory GUI, improved crafting), but I want MHOAR. (including non-revolting looking elves)

Personally, I ****ing love the look of the elves. No generica fantasy crap here (Oblivion, I'm looking at you), we're getting back to the slightly alien look that they had in Morrowind, strange/alien but with the capacity to be pretty.

And that is a good thing.

And, for all you strange Steam naysayers - The engine is identical (Well, it's Gamebryo with changes) to FO3 and FNV, those were steam games, and their modding communities were not hampered in any way by it. Injection of code to the .exes still work (See the steam versions of the Script extenders), even when launching through steam, and mods were still able to be made and accessed as easily as they were in non-steam versions.

Seriously, I don't even.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
If you have to do exe injections to mod a game, you're doing it awfully wrong. Really.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Well, aside from PR claims I think the Creation Engine is such a vast improvement on the one used for Oblivion, FO3 and FONV that it's a lot more than just a Gamebryo with changes, given the amount of performance, optimization, detail, features, and so on. We'll know for certain later on though when the Creation Kit is out though and modders such as myself go digging through it.

EDIT: Also agreed with Matt, 64-bit exe's may be hard but the simpler edits shouldn't have to be done by third parties. With Oblivion I understand, next gen stuff, new tech, rushed game, but Skyrim is a whole lot different to me in that department. Nonetheless I haven't had performance issues at all. Not everyone has my kind of rig though..

-----------------

- George Orwell