Author Topic: Freespace Music Remixes  (Read 265488 times)

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Re: Freespace Music Remixes
Thanks,

Yeah that was done in about 30 minutes and is fondly referred to as the Hollywood version, which was why I prepared this one too...
http://soundcloud.com/daniel-wentz/freespace2-main-hall-remaster

-
DW
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:45:40 am by Danimal »

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Indeed XD
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Sorry for bringing up a sorta dead thread, but I've got a question. Were we formally given permission to use the remixes, or not?

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Hey Dan can you provide a download for this stuff?

Hi Dan.

Of all the FreeSpace 2 music, my favorites by far are "Genesis Ambience" and "Briefing 5". If you would do an extended enhanced version of these two songs, that would be great! :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
They're all in the latest FSPort release. :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

They're all in the latest FSPort release. :wtf:

Those two specific songs have enhanced, extended versions in the FSPort release?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No, the FSPort release has enhanced, extended versions of the FS1 tracks.  The FS2 remixed tracks are available from Dan's SoundCloud page.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Derp. Somehow I missed the "2" in "Freespace 2". :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Luis Dias

It would be amusing to make a mod where Freespace 2 would play the remixed soundtracks instead of the original ones.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's doable but they wouldn't play like they did in FS1.

Offline Luis Dias

I was talking about FS2, not FS1. And why wouldn't they? You just have to subsitute the files.

Offline Arpit

I was talking about FS2, not FS1. And why wouldn't they? You just have to subsitute the files.
... and also edit the music table.(the sample rate stuff and whatever.)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm pretty sure Dan provided edited music tables along with all his new tracks.  He definitely did that for the FS1 tracks in the FSPort, at least.

Well, here's one attempt at remixing the briefing 5 song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-P3guyipMU
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:44:55 am by kevin332 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's just a looped .wav?

Offline Luis Dias

OMG. OMG OMG OMG OMG.

(damn i must get out of the pc, too sarcastic today)

Offline Arpit

Well its sounds more like an 'improved' version rather than a remixed one.
Still, great job.  :yes:
You can do a lot for HLP and anyways I have no right to criticize your work 'coz I haven't done anything for HLP so far.  :(

WWWWOOOOAAAAHH!!! Daniel Wentz!! Our Freespace Music Hero!