Author Topic: Freespace Music Remixes  (Read 265447 times)

Re: Freespace Music Remixes
Is there Anyway I can buy your tracks???? =D

Offline Luis Dias

SO I remade my big fkin mashup in youtube because some tracks were missing in previous versions.

I also added some videos / cutscenes / FRAPS to cut the boring. Remixed everything and even used different software.

Anyways, here it is without furher ado, my final ultimate Freespace 2 Soundtrack collection mashup!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Lovely "montage" :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline tobalt

HOLY COW!  How did I miss this thread??  Amazing!  I bow to you, sir!  For the last 14 years the Freespace 2 soundtrack (of what I could get from the original vp files) proudly occupied the space of 5 computers and six MP3 players.  Thank you for making such amazing work! 

Offline dan87uk

*Dan87uk Uses "Necromance" on "Freespace Music Remixes"*

Cant believe I only just spotted this topic...loving the updated versions of all of these although a little sad that the "Joshua" stuff wasn't redone because that was easily the best in flight battle music from the game.  :(

Question: Were there any plans to incorporate this stuff into FS2 Open files? or...has it already been incorporated and I missed a trick  :confused:
============================================
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Hey,

The FS2 tracks were, for the most part, not touched on. I had limited time to work with when this went down and I wanted to focus on the tracks that needed the most love, namely every single track from FS1.
It's all been added to the build, in fact I balanced and remastered all 140+ earlier this year.

Someday, I'll get back on this remix kick, although I've started working on Red Faction most recently. Thanks for all the kind words and support everybody. It's a blast to be able to do this stuff (again)

-
DW

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Good to see You back and rolling :). We can't wait for more music!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline hxazgalor

• Anything but Shivan
    • My Blog
Woohoo! Dan Wentz! You rock! :D :D :D

Would really really really love to have the FS2 soundtrack to my collection of music. That stuff gives me some serious goosebumps every time I hear it. Freaking amazing, beautiful compositions  :nod:

Thank you Mr Wentz for the awesome stuff you've given us :,D
"Stars looking at a planet
Watching entropy and pain
And maybe start to wonder how
The chaos in our lives could pass as sane"
~ Switchfoot, 'Stars'

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
We love you Dan!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
I just had a look at his Soundcloud and saw two remarkable tracks named Silent Threat Reborn Parts 1 and 2.

They are absolutely fantastic.  The best I have heard since the Exodus remix.  Amazing work :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Uh, hold that thought for a week or two. :nervous:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
SUSPICIOUS! Tell us more.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Indeed
====
These remixes need to be packaged into a Freespace Port OST that I can download and listen to when I can't play freespace.

edit:
So I am looking for the briefing themes on the soundcloud, I see remixes for the first two, and one of the briefings used one of the ancient themes (Ancients 3 was used as the last briefing theme if I am not mistaken), but I could have swore there were 5 different briefing themes used, so what are the other two?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:05:25 am by BirdofPrey »
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Uh, hold that thought for a week or two. :nervous:

A bit longer than that, but now you know. :)  Dan Wentz was gracious enough to contribute two brand new tracks for Silent Threat: Reborn!

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-wentz/freespace-ending-part-1
https://soundcloud.com/daniel-wentz/freespace-ending-part-2

Offline BirdofPrey

Gotta love Dev timeline.  You've been saying a week or two since mid December.

SOONTM
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Indeed
====
These remixes need to be packaged into a Freespace Port OST that I can download and listen to when I can't play freespace.

edit:
So I am looking for the briefing themes on the soundcloud, I see remixes for the first two, and one of the briefings used one of the ancient themes (Ancients 3 was used as the last briefing theme if I am not mistaken), but I could have swore there were 5 different briefing themes used, so what are the other two?

Hello, regarding briefings of Freespace... it appears there were actually six!
I guess this would make a great trivia question because until I did some research I had no idea. :)

Brief1.wav
Brief2.wav
m5_nrml3.wav
m8_nrml3.wav < also ancients3
m2_nrml3.wav
m4_nrml3.wav

-
DW

Offline BirdofPrey

Oh wow thanks Dan.  I guess I must have missed a briefing theme in my head.  I also hadn't noticed ancients 3 was also used in mission (spend more time listening to the battle themes), though I did pick up on mission 2's music being used.

By the way, I love the pieces you did for the Silent Threat Reborn ending.

Edit: interestingly, I have discovered that Briefing 1 is more or less, a variant of m6-nrml2
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:02:35 pm by BirdofPrey »

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Thank you, I very much enjoyed the opportunity to work on fresh material for Silent Threat Reborn. These guys are doing some amazing work and it served to be very inspirational. That ending score came together in about 3 hours!

-
DW

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.