Author Topic: HLPX-COM 2: Electric Shot From Deep One Boogaloo  (Read 81849 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: HLPX-COM 2: Electric Shot From Deep One Boogaloo
If it's a bunker.

Probably something like a wine cellar...
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The very bad news is that FireSpawn returned to base in the single most damaged Barracuda anyone has ever seen, with one side of the craft simply gone, and Scotty came back with most of his control systems shot and a large hole through the craft where the secondary crew position normally is.

The Award of the Mechanic's Nightmare

The award itself was a gray statuette of a HLPX-COM mechanic with a wrench uprased as a weapon. The mechanic's expression was of pure, if silly, rage.

I get it.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If it's a bunker.

hurricane shelter?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
watsisname, I hardly knew ya'. /salute
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

If it's a bunker.

Probably something like a wine cellar...

I always assumed those rooms were changing rooms for the beach, or outdoor bathrooms myself.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Then TrashMan shoots the tank in the back while trying to kill the alien.
This again!?  :mad:

Yes. And like last time, your karma vodoo will be useless :)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Back to Tokyo!

One for Spoon.

Okay, we've got at least four aliens in this area to the north of the LZ, most of which revealed themselves by taking shots, and why they've not managed to kill anyone I don't know. They didn't even get the civvie. Let's start cleaning this stuff up.

Jack hit this one after it took a couple shots at other people and missed them. BlueFlames finished it off.

IronBeer stunned this one, and Mongoose and Akalabeth killed the two other aliens which were north of that. The greybrown in the yard was also a BlueFlames kill from an earlier turn.

This guy has gone incredibly ****ing grenade happy. See all that smoke? That's him throwing grenades. Why does he does he do this? Some aliens are issued melee weapons and four grenades. But aliens don't actually understand how to use non-innate melee weapons so they throw grenades until they run out and then wander around like idiots. Jack got a hit but BlueFlames had to finish.

Mongoose finds another and offers greetings from Earth.

Who killed that alien? I don't know. I didn't do it. I assume mister pistol here did it, but nobody will ever know because Jack shot it a couple seconds later, followed by StarSlayer blasting down the back wall of the building to get at it for the killshot.

StarSlayer rejects this alien's claim that he really works here.

Mission Complete, and...

Wait what? Nobody died! I checked the map for X-COM corpses loading a previous save and couldn't find any. What bull**** lies is this, TFTD?!

I had to compare post-mission and pre-mission Aquanaut rosters. Apparently Akalabeth did not survive his first mission, but I never heard a death scream, much less saw him fall. :confused:

Illumination firing with Gas Cannon wasn't very effective on this map or the last, primarily because they're so cluttered and bumpy. I'll have to reconsider the willy pete. Also, a lack of things to intercept is worrying me, so at this point we're putting up another base off of Japan in the hopes of being able to spot and attack more alien ships.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:16:55 am by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline watsisname

I did a similar "Wait, what?" before reading your last paragraphs.  Unexplained deaths FTL. :[
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I am honestly very confused. I assume the alien that Mongoose killed was the one who killed Alakabeth, but as I said I never saw a shot, saw him fall, or heard him cry out...and I'm not sure that alien even had LOS. They don't need it technically, I mentioned the arcing shot they have before, but they need it to target if there are no other living aliens with line of sight. And there were not.

But spotting is ****ed up in TFTD. I've mentioned that too.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:50:28 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It begins...

And it will keep happening until trashman bites it.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
The very bad news is that FireSpawn returned to base in the single most damaged Barracuda anyone has ever seen, with one side of the craft simply gone, and Scotty came back with most of his control systems shot and a large hole through the craft where the secondary crew position normally is.

Those alien pilots are insane! That thing just came swooping out of nowhere. If it wasn't Scotty screaming "DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!" over the comms, it would be all of my Barracuda smeared along the side of the UFO rather than just the left.

It could have been none at all, but I discovered a shocking lack of afterburners when the enemy craft was only a few feet from the port hull.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Obligatory "Avoid the alien craft and you won't get hit, pilot !".
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Question - did I do anything that mission? I see my name on the screenshot, but all the text doesn't mention me at all.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Question - did I do anything that mission? I see my name on the screenshot, but all the text doesn't mention me at all.

Don't think you did, I think you just happened to be selected in that screenshot.

On the plus side, you didn't do anything.

No friendly fire!
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I request to "accidently" firendy-fire Ravenholme next mission.

I had to compare post-mission and pre-mission Aquanaut rosters. Apparently Akalabeth did not survive his first mission, but I never heard a death scream, much less saw him fall. :confused:

Illumination firing with Gas Cannon wasn't very effective on this map or the last, primarily because they're so cluttered and bumpy. I'll have to reconsider the willy pete. Also, a lack of things to intercept is worrying me, so at this point we're putting up another base off of Japan in the hopes of being able to spot and attack more alien ships.

I probably faked my death and went AWOL then went and got sushi

Offline watsisname

That's not sushi!
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

You probably took a couple shots at the beginning, most people did, but when you get down to it who gets kills and who goes first is semi-random.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Tasoth. We're better-prepared this time, but not by much. Not enough. I pulled the plug after I had to stun people in the transport when they got MC'd. (Fortunately no losses.) Fortunately we've got some sub intercepts in the pipe that will hopefully help make up for it.

We're here in the mid-Atlantic, east of Iceland, near the mid-Atlantic Ridge. We're back to the black smokers. BloodEagle is possessed by the Spirit of CommanderDJ.

StarSlayer and the auspiciously nicknamed rookie The E prepare to breach.

One hostile. No others. Kill goes to The E.

We've got our Hyperwave Decoder equivalent, the Transmission Resolver, working. We're still building them mind; the first one will go up at Xenowatch off Japan, the construction work on the other will be done sometime this month. But for now, FireSpawn shot down a sub, recovery time.

For some reason, this guy didn't react to the tank. But he reacted to mxlm, two badly aimed shots. That will...cost him.

Oh ****, there was a wellhead there wasn't there? No oil leak but...what the hell, people? That's a huge mess of bubbles, can't see crap through them.

Kill to TrashMan. We'll miss you when the tank takes its revenge.

Kill to BloodEagle.

We're getting flashes of movement through the cloud, but no solid contact to shoot at. Scratch that, the alien just took two shots at TrashMan. He returned one. Both sides hit nothing. mxlm misses an aimed shot from his Gas Cannon. MP-Ryan brings the alien down with a Gauss round.

A lot of aliens right there. Maybe they saw the Triton land and were waiting for us. Their spacing could use work; we could have killed them all with a pulser. (We have pulsers again.)

Mission Complete. The four aliens we killed apparently composed the entire crew of the UFO.

Next up: ship attack. North African coast. Daylight. Green men. We can do this.

A Feddie Story

Easy peasy. If you've got a couple of hours to kill and enough ammo.