Author Topic: RELEASE: Legacy of Shiva Part 1 DEMO (UPDATED)  (Read 21729 times)

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Re: RELEASE: Legacy of Shiva Part 1 DEMO (UPDATED)
I have some things I can work on...

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Nice attempt for a first mission. By releasing something you are starting to gain the respect of those in the community by showing that you are willing to give back.

Assets or lack thereof should never impede anyone from going forward with mission development.  Earlier in the development of Inferno we used pre-existing placeholder ships to substitute for those not yet made. So I definitely encourage you to continue FREDding using placeholder ships while waiting for WoD2 to get released.

A fact of life: when someone says "no", drop it. Don't change the subject. Don't try to find loopholes. Just drop it. By doing this you are proving yourself to be a person of patience, integrity, and maturity.

I also agree that you should really consider dropping the Cardassian roleplay. Not only does it annoys people, but it also makes you seem immature and unreliable causing people to not take you seriously.  You've toned it down since your arrival, and I encourage you to stop it completely.

R

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I dropped it a long time ago, but now people are trying to get me to drop just waiting, which is rather odd

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Hardly a long time, but I did notice you forgone this in recent posts. Much better.
Placeholders are a good idea (I'm using it myself), but only if you expect whatever you're waiting for to be released before you begin "serious" FREDing, or have very accurate placeholders (a case with Inferno, as it had a ton of lo-poly models to work with). Less of an issue with fighters (the "rigging" doesn't have to match physical layout), but with capships turret and subsystem positions, as well as general shape become important.
On the other hand, if you'll be waiting for models, you may end up with your mod suspended ad kalendas Graecas. I had this problem, I've started my mod just when I joined, and I picked it up again about a month ago (still not having all the models I originally wanted, but with enough skill to replace them).

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Like I said I have several things I can work on without requiring the models. But I won't be able to release it until I get them.

I'm reasonably sure that there is some model, somewhere, that can replace Spoon's.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
From a story perspective?

Not really.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So, try FREDing without them, and simply wait for WoD2 to be released. In the meantime, refine and test your missions, perhaps launch a closed beta for them (you can add the missing ones later). You can't do much to speed up WoD2's release (most of the assets are done), but I guess that you could get accepted into beta if you promise not to steal ships before it's out. If the beta goes smoothly, the release will come pretty quickly. Not to mention testing can keep you occupied, and lets you learn a lot about mission design. Be assured, both Axem and Spoon are working on FREDing for WoD2. It's not going too fast, but the missions will be of highest quality.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I already said I am still working on things I can do without the ships.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
From a story perspective?

Not really.
The story is entirely under your control, it requires nothing. The story is a tool to convey a message, and (specific to games) an excuse to provide a context to the gameplay. There's nothing sacred about it.

If you believe that it isn't under your control and demands specific things, then you're admitting you're an incompetent writer that only knows how to tell the story in one way; or a very stubborn one that only has one story to tell.

Not saying you should abandon the story you want to tell, but to be open to possible alternative ways of writing it.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I know what I'm doing

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Update: I've started a working on a side project related to this campaign... it's just one mission but will require more modding and doing things with FRED I haven't tried yet... also looking for some images on other websites to fit what I have in mind.

However the best part is that it can all be done with publicly available assets. So watch this thread... (might be a while though)

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
By request of Axem I have updated the expired download link in the OP. I think this is the fixed version but if not tell me.