Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305312 times)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
The Expanse. Season 3. Let's go.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Lost in space season 1.  I'm indifferent to it five minutes in.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
With the fourth season already confirmed it's no surprise that the third season of Star vs The Forces of Evil concludes in a cliffhanger.
Also props for the authors to finally have Star's relative inexperience finally get in the way during a combat situation (basically she's insanely powerful from the start, but this time she's against another powerful magic user that's much older which made a difference even if it was a close call).
I wonder however how will it go regarding the legitimacy of the Butterflly dinasty considering what happened during the whole second half of the season, especially with the queen still MIA.

Also finally Disney remembered they have an entire season of their excellent Ducktales reboot sitting on a shelf somewhere.
The episode about golf with the kelpies was hilarious and the other episode is a nice homage to the people who know Scrooge McDuck more from the old Ducktales than from the comics.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

I finished LOGH, man was that a very "adult" way to end a series. Hopefully now the Galaxy was be at peace.

Now I'm probably going to start watching Twin Peaks, It's gonna be interesting I guess. I've heard of Eraserhead, so I'm expecting a sort of similar style of strangeness.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I finished LOGH, man was that a very "adult" way to end a series. Hopefully now the Galaxy was be at peace.

"You too, Felix?"

Quite a ride eh?  There isn't anything else quite like it.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

Now I'm probably going to start watching Twin Peaks, It's gonna be interesting I guess. I've heard of Eraserhead, so I'm expecting a sort of similar style of strangeness.
Do you mean the third season or you haven't watched the series at all yet?
If it's the second case: Twin Peaks is a lot more lowkey than Eraserhead at the start (it's mostly a slight oddness of the people of TW with occasional supernatural weirdness) then the weirdness ramps up with the second season finale, the movie Fire Walk with Me and the third series though it doesn't quite reach the pure symbolism of Eraserhead.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

If it's the second case: Twin Peaks is a lot more lowkey than Eraserhead at the start (it's mostly a slight oddness of the people of TW with occasional supernatural weirdness) then the weirdness ramps up with the second season finale, the movie Fire Walk with Me and the third series though it doesn't quite reach the pure symbolism of Eraserhead.

The Kaiser has died from Illness. May Odin take mercy on him.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

The Kaiser has died from Illness. May Odin take mercy on him.
???

I've seen the entire series. Minus OVA or movies.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Fire Walk with Me is kinda necessary to understand certain events of the third season.

Offline Turambar

Fire Walk with Me is kinda necessary to understand certain events of the third season.

I think he is talking about Legend of the Galactic Heroes while you talk about Twin Peaks, Bullock
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

I think he is talking about Legend of the Galactic Heroes while you talk about Twin Peaks, Bullock
I should have probably noticed when he talked about OVAs.

Offline Turambar

I should have probably noticed when he talked about OVAs.

And the galaxy being at peace.  Of course, Yang Wen-Li would say "there has been no such thing as a permanent peace, but there have been eras with decades of peace"

Oh. Sorry. Sorry. I'm at episode 2. However I have only been listening to it while I'm playing through Dark Souls 2 to give me some background noise. Not exactly the best way to experience it.
Since I've experienced most of Deadly Premonition, and somebody has spoiled me on twists later on. I don't think the mystery has me as hooked as I think I should be.

Also Cooper is the best goofball. I want to rub his face. If i get a dog, I'm either going to call him Washington or Cooper.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Oh. Sorry. Sorry. I'm at episode 2. However I have only been listening to it while I'm playing through Dark Souls 2 to give me some background noise. Not exactly the best way to experience it.
Since I've experienced most of Deadly Premonition, and somebody has spoiled me on twists later on. I don't think the mystery has me as hooked as I think I should be.

Also Cooper is the best goofball. I want to rub his face. If i get a dog, I'm either going to call him Washington or Cooper.
Yeah, even the first two seasons have some very visual moments so it's not exactly a "background noise" series.

I'll try and watch it when I get a quite rare moment of silence where I can hear my own thoughts. I'm not exactly excited for Season 2 since I've heard it loses allot of the shows mystery and charm.

Offline CliftonHaff

• 2-∞ - User does not compute

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That's on Netflix here in the UK.   I watched one episode but it just seemed a bit up its own ar$e in a sherlock kind of way :/
EDIT-
On a sort of similar note I binged devilman crybaby and thought the original was better.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:04:10 pm by Colonol Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Looking for a recommendation. I'd like to watch a good mecha anime, preferably without the robots flying all over the place, I like 'em stompy and lumbering.

Here's three.

GaoGaiGar is kinda childish. But gets increasingly silly and dark as it goes along. Per the directors style. But it has really big stompy robits.
Also the design of the Mechs might be familiar to you, if you have any knowledge of Hasbro toys.

Gunbuster. It's basically a classic at this point. Is set mostly in space, with lots of hard scifi. The robot in it is huge. But the pace is slow.

The Big O. Is kinda like a weird mix of Batman and Phoenix Wright but with a big stompy robot defending a city from other big robots. So it's partially a mystery show, and partially a crime fighting show with big robots.