Author Topic: HLPX-COM 3: A Very Firaxis Sequel  (Read 29532 times)

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Re: HLPX-COM 3: A Very Firaxis Sequel
Always up for another stab at the damn ETs, but I won't be bent out of shape if there's no room on the list.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If you get through enough deaths to eat up that whole list, throw me into the fray too.

If you get through enough deaths to eat up that whole list, throw me into the fray too.
Same for me!

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
WAIT I VOLUNTEER!  Well prolly just put me on the end because other people need a turn.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I volunteer to take part of the great HLP Alien Wars to defend the future of earth, preferably as a meat shield for my fellow HLP comrades! Just shove me down the bottom, don't worry about me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I just learned that there's apparently another XCOM game in the works
http://ca.ign.com/games/xcom/pc-14252327
First Person Shooter...
"No"

That game doesn't exist. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I just learned that there's apparently another XCOM game in the works
http://ca.ign.com/games/xcom/pc-14252327
First Person Shooter...

Can anyone else read this post? It's blank to me!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I can read it, but he seems to be posting something about a FPS version of XCOM that simply doesn't exist.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Summary
    Features
    Game Editions

A re-imagining of one of gaming's most storied and beloved franchises, XCOM combines the strategic core of the groundbreaking franchise with a suspense-filled narrative and distills it into a tense and unique first-person shooter experience. The game depicts humanity's struggle against an unknown enemy, putting players directly into the shoes of an FBI agent tasked with identifying and eliminating the growing threat. True to the roots of the franchise, players will be placed in charge of overcoming high-stake odds through risky strategic gambits coupled with heart-stopping combat experiences that pit human ingenuity -- and frailty -- against a foe beyond comprehension.

By setting the game in a first-person perspective, players will be able to feel the tension and fear that comes with combating a faceless enemy that is violently probing and plotting its way into our world.
Release Date: TBA 2013
RP-T+ for Rating Pending, Targeting a Rating of Teen or Above:
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: 2K Marin
"No"

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
There was supposed to be two XCOM's made by Fireaxis, x-COM: Enemy Unknown, and XCOM. The latter seems to be what deathfun is talking about and they have had several YouTube previews of it since the development and release of X:EU, but it looks like XCOM is going to be finished by a different developer...
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU THERE IS NO FIRST-PERSON XCOM.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU THERE IS NO FIRST-PERSON XCOM.

this.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Patriot

just a third-person :P

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I haven't really been following it too closely, what I've heard indicates its been having the dev troubles.

That said the fifties setting is kind of cool, could lend it a bit of a Dark Skies vibe.  A tactical FPS ala the old PC Rainbow Six games which joined the shooting with mission planning would make for a interesting game if executed properly.  I'd argue that XCOM's turn based future should be pretty secure after EU's success so I don't really think branching out into other genres would be much a threat to the franchise.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hell, if it was good enough, it might haul in people like me who aren't really into turn-based games but are interested in the overall X-COM universe.  Not that I'm expecting said product will be particularly good. :p

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Hell, if it was good enough, it might haul in people like me who aren't really into turn-based games but are interested in the overall X-COM universe.  Not that I'm expecting said product will be particularly good. :p

I wasn't aware that the x-com universe was all that special. It was pretty much just your generic "o **** alien invasion" for the gameplay to piggyback on.

I wasn't aware that the x-com universe was all that special. It was pretty much just your generic "o **** alien invasion" for the gameplay to piggyback on.

But then again, so was the Half Life universe.
The System Shock universe was just "Oh **** why did nobody read Asimov"
Wing Commander was "Evil aliens"
Star Wars is basically "Good VS Evil with telekenetics"
etc.

And people are somehow quite interested in those games.

Also, sign me up.