Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn: Stranded  (Read 74298 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn: Stranded
You don't have to buy a bigger screen to get one with a higher resolution.  A modern iPad's screen has a higher resolution than my 24" monitor, for example.  The higher resolution sharpens the image a whole lot and improves the experience.

Also, if big TVs and monitors give you problems, the solution is to sit further away.

I did know that. But I am simply happy with what I've got. Sure, if someone wanted to give me a high res monitor and a HD TV I'd happily take them, but I'm happy with what I have, so don't need to spend the money. Also, on the TV, I've seen a lot of other people's TVs give out over the years, while mine has gone strong. My parents have gone through something like 6 or 7 broken TVs over the years, while mine is the only TV I've ever owned and is still going strong.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
MY GOD!
I though I would never ever see a 640x480 screen again.
el hombre vicio...

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
The curse of low res follows me everywhere... I still remember when I had to play UT3 on 640x480... and Screen Percentage on less than 75%!

NEVER play vidja games with integrated graphics cards! :shaking:

Offline -Norbert-

Will increasing the resolution fix the problem?

Also, as a side note, I really liked that Liuzqo Derfa fellow.
Spoiler:
Too bad I had to kill him.

I mean, look:

Obviously the most superior of all WoD headanis. This is a face you can trust.
Regarding this pictue... it somehow reminds me of a Teladi from X.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
You don't have to buy a bigger screen to get one with a higher resolution.  A modern iPad's screen has a higher resolution than my 24" monitor, for example.  The higher resolution sharpens the image a whole lot and improves the experience.

Also, if big TVs and monitors give you problems, the solution is to sit further away.

I did know that. But I am simply happy with what I've got. Sure, if someone wanted to give me a high res monitor and a HD TV I'd happily take them, but I'm happy with what I have, so don't need to spend the money. Also, on the TV, I've seen a lot of other people's TVs give out over the years, while mine has gone strong. My parents have gone through something like 6 or 7 broken TVs over the years, while mine is the only TV I've ever owned and is still going strong.

CRT screens are well-known for being extremely long-lasting, but lack the quality a newer LCD screen can provide (and are really, really heavy and bulky).  However, a well-treated LCD monitor can last a decade if you buy a reputable brand, and you can get a well-reviewed 1440 x 900 screen for under $100, 1600 x 900 for under $120, or 1920 x 1080 for under $140.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Speaking about Zy headanis, I just remembered there are some good reptilian faces and heads in Warlords: Battlecry III that could be used, if more Zy are to get names and headanis.
Let me see if I can fish some...
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
There's something I've been wondering about, what's the track used in EndStranded.ogg?

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Oh I just found a bug.

Silly Spoon~
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh I just found a bug.

START MAKING SOME SENSE, WOMAN.
seriously what am I supposed to be looking at here. Your horrible lighting settings?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Basically, the there are two images now that are named GA, which is part of the texture of the GA ship. Take a wild guess which one isn't being used.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Which is especially weird, considering the other GA is in the HUD folder...

Offline -Norbert-

I suppose the Fura'ngle really liked the Guardian Angel and build (grew?) their own version of it. :P

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Guardian Angel Stealth Coating Version.
Intentional.

Which is especially weird, considering the other GA is in the HUD folder...
Not weird.
The game treats cbanis/hud/interface/effects/maps as the exact same folder, they're just for humans to separate and make sense of.

[15:42] <@Axem> you could put your textures all in hud if you like :p

Same with voice/sound/music and the 8b22k/16b11k subfolders.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
So, any chance of reopenimg the questions thread due to the release of new material?

Offline Lorric

How many missions are there in this campaign anyway? I'd like to know that please.

After having ending #3 the first time, I could guess what I did wrong and got #1 the second time.
Loved it. :)
A bug report, though:
Spoiler:
After destroying the nordera fighters and being allowed to jump out, Silver died, I jumped out but I could still continue.

And "Sturmritter"? Seriously? It sounds so wrong. :D

My entire knowledge of German comes from their WW2 military units (thank you, Company of Heroes :P), but from what I know that name literally translates to English as "Assault Knight", which is a pretty awesome name. :nod:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

The campaign is short and fun so just play it already and find out that way.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Lorric

The campaign is short and fun so just play it already and find out that way.

It seems I will have to. I fail to understand why everyone has to be so difficult to answer a question which will require almost no thought and the push of a single number button.

If it is easy for us to find out, it is easy for you to find out too, so that's why everyone is angry with you.  If you don't want to play, it is ridiculously easy to open up the .VP file and find out that way.