Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn: Stranded  (Read 74303 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn: Stranded
I didn't need a cheat to get that ammo bar bug.  Using the railgun will cause the problem.

Speaking of which, getting the true end would probably be a lot harder if primary ammo persisted throughout the campaign.  That railgun simplifies taking out the ace a whole lot.

Offline -Norbert-

I found the proton pulse (VX-153) quite usefull in keeping Liuzqo in my sights.
It's high fire rate out of the Ray III-Es six primary weapon points is also very good for shooting down Zy missiles.

Offline est1895

Hi.  I'm having trouble with this mod and would like some help please.  I've done as instructed by putting WoD in first (with the patch) then extracted WoD:Stranded into that same folder and used 3.6.14 final and the 10/27/2012 build SSE2.  After putting the new pilot name in then, it crashes and says this after using the debugger:

Missing Required
1024X768
Interface Art

I'm running it at 1280x1024 resolution.

A full debug log would help more than that.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline est1895

My jubilant brother, who loves Freespace Mods, said that he found the problem in his notes and it now works.  :nod:

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
I finally played this. Here is my review:

Spoiler:
Early on it says "in an other dimension" when it should be "into another". The headanis were very odd, seemed far too large and were only majorly illuminated in the upper left corner. It also said "an other massive energy buildup" (should be "another"). You spelled "decipher" wrong. It also said "you got this question certainimpropercompoundwordwhichIshallnotspellouthereduetotheboardmakingitintoasmiley" when it should be "get" and "a lot" is two words. The command briefing and briefing "more" error appeared (when it says there is more to read but you can't scroll down). Although this likely isn't the fault of your campaign. Still I figured this would be fixed in 3.6.14 final. At one point it says "I didn't knew that" (should be "know"). Slyphia's name appears before her message before she tells you her name. At one point it says "its Nordera space" when it should be "it's". At another point the line is "these sensor arrays... defend it" (it should be "defend them" because the subject is plural). Later it says "How did the CSA managed" when it should be "manage". Then it says "once its done" when, again, it should be "it's". Then it says "modified your ships" when their should be an apostraphe after ships (ships'). You spelled "rendezvous" wrong. It says "all in a days work" when it should be "day's". The game crashed soon after I started the "sensor raid" mission, but when I reloaded it and tried again it worked. At one point I destroyed an Adasya's reactor and was unpleasantly surprised to find that it did not self-destruct like it should have. If they intended to destroy the carrier after leaving it, why did they leave its shields up? That makes no sense. It said the Fur'angle underestimate organic species, but weren't the ones who defeated and enslaved them organic?

Finally, it was incredibly mean to tease us with those new capships in the cutscene without actually including them in the vp. When I read someone else's review that mentioned new capships, I was excited because I could finally make use of them. But then this. :doubt:

However the campaign was very good overall. I got the first ending, so I don't know what the other endings are. The only annoying/difficult part I found in the campaign was fighting the drones in the first mission. The rest was well-balanced. Aside from the Adasya problem, that is.

If I were to assign this campaign a numerical rating, I would give it 8.975(0.1)/10. Highly satisfactory.

Indeed, Spoon, if there were any complaints I had with this mod, it'd be that it could benefit from a more thorough proofreading. :)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Don't feel too bad. I do this to every mission/campaign I review.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'd say it's a very useful skill. Stranded didn't had too many testers, and every one of them focused mostly on gameplay and balancing. I don't pay particular attention to grammar when I play, as long as the message is understandable. 1.0 release should have those mistakes ironed out.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I'd say it's a very useful skill. Stranded didn't had too many testers, and every one of them focused mostly on gameplay and balancing. I don't pay particular attention to grammar when I play, as long as the message is understandable. 1.0 release should have those mistakes ironed out.
If my timezone didn't put me at the other spectrum of people's schedules, I'd definitely have been able to help with both...shame :P

Well, maybe not the former...well, unrelated, I love all the Cyrvan words being spewed out and Silver's retorts to 'em. I had feeling one of 'em was 'It's a trap!', though...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:58:30 am by Destiny »

Offline Veers

I would be happy to lend a hand with proof-reading if required. I don't have any other skills though. :)

But as Dragon said, I generally only pay enough attention to understand the message, so if it is readable should be right. However, it's a good way to pay attention to the details and add polish any mission/campaign.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I have several useful skills besides proofreading. I can help with FRED, tables, pcs2, vps, etc.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
There are plenty of mods that need FREDders and are actively searching, Legate. Go volunteer! :)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
WoD2 seems like it could use help... although I am not quite confident enough in my FREDding skills to do the more advanced stuff Spoon seems to want to do. For example, implementing scripts into missions.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I bet if WoD2 really needed FREDding help Spoon would go spend FREDding time on Stranded. Oh wait.
Something doesn't make sense logically here.

Let's not kid anyone here, you just want the models. An aside - in a kind of cruel twisted way it's strangely amusing to watch your reaction at being denied them, while I have it open in PCS2 right now spinning around... spinning around... oooh you sexy beast you yesssss Axem and Sab0o sure did great work on these. I know it's wrong, but why is it so satisfying? Am I an evil person at heart? And no, I'm not telling people to maintain this status quo, but I sure do find how the stars aligned themselves, so to speak, rather amusing.

Speaking of which, if you can do textures like Sab0o can, I think that would get you closer to your goals.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:46:17 am by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Hey I would actually help. I've been helping another guy with his missions too and he doesn't even have any models I want. And even if I got them I wouldn't actually release anything using them or give them to anyone else until after WoD2 was released.

I am learning textures, I have a ship with an old ugly texture I need to redo.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Heh. You're just like me, back in the day. :) Right down to ambition and skillset.
Check out BWO, it could use some help, especially with regard to texturing models. For WoD, almost all team members are in fact mostly beta testers, IIRC, the only people besides Spoon who make content for WoD are Sab0o and Axem.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Andrewofdoom has made stuff for it

As for BWO I thought that was in development for years and years and people say it is never going to get released

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
AoD's stuff is non-canon (well, as of now), he even left the team, so I don't think it counts.
As for BWO, don't listen to what people say. It's going to get released, it's just moving rather slowly. It's not dead yet. :)

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Really? Then that bears investigating.