Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn: Stranded  (Read 74302 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn: Stranded
I bet if WoD2 really needed FREDding help Spoon would go spend FREDding time on Stranded. Oh wait.
Something doesn't make sense logically here.

Let's not kid anyone here, you just want the models. An aside - in a kind of cruel twisted way it's strangely amusing to watch your reaction at being denied them, while I have it open in PCS2 right now spinning around... spinning around... oooh you sexy beast you yesssss Axem and Sab0o sure did great work on these. I know it's wrong, but why is it so satisfying? Am I an evil person at heart? And no, I'm not telling people to maintain this status quo, but I sure do find how the stars aligned themselves, so to speak, rather amusing.

Speaking of which, if you can do textures like Sab0o can, I think that would get you closer to your goals.

Well, those Cardassians are so smug and superior all the time. It must be hard to resist giving them a taste of their own medicine :)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The headanis were very odd, seemed far too large and were only majorly illuminated in the upper left corner.
Provide screenshot please.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Do you have a hud tbm lying around somewhere in your folders? I had a similar problem with the head anis because of that. I would upload the screenshot I took before I moved mine out to see if it's the same problem, but I'm on the wrong computer.

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
I bet if WoD2 really needed FREDding help Spoon would go spend FREDding time on Stranded. Oh wait.
Something doesn't make sense logically here.

Let's not kid anyone here, you just want the models. An aside - in a kind of cruel twisted way it's strangely amusing to watch your reaction at being denied them, while I have it open in PCS2 right now spinning around... spinning around... oooh you sexy beast you yesssss Axem and Sab0o sure did great work on these. I know it's wrong, but why is it so satisfying? Am I an evil person at heart? And no, I'm not telling people to maintain this status quo, but I sure do find how the stars aligned themselves, so to speak, rather amusing.

Speaking of which, if you can do textures like Sab0o can, I think that would get you closer to your goals.

Well, those Cardassians are so smug and superior all the time. It must be hard to resist giving them a taste of their own medicine :)

Count yourself lucky I don't have my Galor right now.

Anyway, here is the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/uPVj4.png

This is the first time it happens, when it is in transpace. It also happens in normal space (only difference is the other part of the headani is more visible, although still dimmer than the upper - left corner).

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I don't know when I will get a chance to play this, but you're getting a review whether you like it or not.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Count yourself lucky I don't have my Galor right now.

Anyway, here is the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/uPVj4.png

This is the first time it happens, when it is in transpace. It also happens in normal space (only difference is the other part of the headani is more visible, although still dimmer than the upper - left corner).
Is 1024x768 the resolution you play on?

I don't know when I will get a chance to play this, but you're getting a review whether you like it or not.
Lookin' forward to it.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Is 1024x768 the resolution you play on?

Yes

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
...I'm sorry to hear that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I remember the day when playing on 1024x768 meant you were one of the big fish.

...Those days are well past us though.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Is that your native resolution? It's not like you can't crank it up if it isn't. If it is though, I feel really sorry for you, I know how that's like (I was stuck 1024x768 CRT when I first started modding FS2).

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Will increasing the resolution fix the problem?

Also, as a side note, I really liked that Liuzqo Derfa fellow.
Spoiler:
Too bad I had to kill him.

I mean, look:

Obviously the most superior of all WoD headanis. This is a face you can trust.

Offline Lorric

640 X 480 for me. At least that's what the launcher says, so I'd presume that's what I've been playing. Although according to the launcher I can bump it up to 1024 X 768. I've never had any visual issues with the game yet though, though I haven't played this add on yet.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That sounds impossible. Most mods won't even run properly in 640x480, due to lack of interface art. Nobody makes it this small anymore.

Offline Luis Dias

640 X 480 for me. At least that's what the launcher says, so I'd presume that's what I've been playing. Although according to the launcher I can bump it up to 1024 X 768. I've never had any visual issues with the game yet though, though I haven't played this add on yet.

Wat.

Offline Lorric

That sounds impossible. Most mods won't even run properly in 640x480, due to lack of interface art. Nobody makes it this small anymore.

I decided to test it. And you are sort of right. Perhaps the fact I have changed my graphics card since playing FS2 last maybe did something with the launcher. I have changed it to 1024 X 768 and it looks as I remember it.

I could actually get it to run though on 640 X 480. Though all the WoD interface stuff as you said was not there so I was on a vasudan ship instead working my way to the mission. and the briefing was FS2 style. The head anis are huge on 640 X 480!

Offline Lorric

Here you go. Look, WoD in all it's 640 X 480 glory!

I think that's the best mission to use, since I'm flying in that outdated ship. Ancient visuals in an ancient ship :)

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Lorric

And a similar shot as I would normally play at 1024 X 768 for comparison purposes.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:37:16 pm by Lorric »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Why do you people insist on playing on these miniscule resolutions?
A half decent graphics card and a new monitor aren't that expensive these days you know?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

Why do you people insist on playing on these miniscule resolutions?
A half decent graphics card and a new monitor aren't that expensive these days you know?

I am easily pleased graphics-wise. I am content. I still enjoy playing old games. I honestly think Freespace 2 is beautiful on my screen. My PS3 games are a pain sometimes with the tiny text on my 20 year old TV though. I also prefer to play on a smaller screen. I can take in the whole picture easier on a smaller screen. My TV and monitor are little more than 30cm from bottom left corner to top right corner.

EDIT: I also don't know much about graphics cards and monitors. But I am genuinely happy with what I have.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
You don't have to buy a bigger screen to get one with a higher resolution.  A modern iPad's screen has a higher resolution than my 24" monitor, for example.  The higher resolution sharpens the image a whole lot and improves the experience.

Also, if big TVs and monitors give you problems, the solution is to sit further away.