Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617468 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: What are you playing right now?
Vega conflict.    I casually play it and have done since 2012.

Earned 2 million on recent event and (nearly) 2 year old daughter bought the wrong turret with it :/
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Started playing Elite Dangerous again after a three-week hiatus. Decided the double-engineered FSD was worth getting while its discounted material cost is still a thing, so I'm jumping through systems like a madman, trying to get all the materials I need.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
What grade are you aiming for?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
Started playing Elite Dangerous again after a three-week hiatus. Decided the double-engineered FSD was worth getting while its discounted material cost is still a thing, so I'm jumping through systems like a madman, trying to get all the materials I need.

Shoot... I wish I had more time to figure out the engineering aspects and improve my Asp's FSD...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
What grade are you aiming for?

I can't choose the grade - this module I'm trying to get is the FSD V1, which is Class 5. However, 14 ships in the game, including the Diamondback Explorer, Asp Explorer, Python, both Kraits, and the Alliance Chieftain, have a Class 5 FSD housing, which is why I've decided it's worth getting as many copies of this FSD as I can.

Of the 4 materials needed, I'm only missing Data Wake Exceptions, which I'll farm from the Jameson crash site at HIP 12099 1 B - I've maxed out my Tellurium because I travelled 1500 ly outside the bubble to HIP 36601 C 3 B to get it (then travelled the 1500 ly back :banghead:), and I farmed a few High Grade Emissions sources to get G4 and G5 materials to trade down for 30 Electrochemical Arrays and 36 Chemical Processors.

Once I get 30 Data Wake Exceptions, I'll have all the required materials to get 3 of these FSD modules during the discount period, which ends on 9 March.

Shoot... I wish I had more time to figure out the engineering aspects and improve my Asp's FSD...

Quite a bit of it comes from theorycrafting stuff on EDSY or Coriolis, or looking at other people's builds on either site, as well as checking out EDSA (aka. http://wherethe****aremyhardpoints.com/) to see the hardpoint placements. If you don't have time to play the game (or, in my case, insufficient credits and engineering materials, along with a limited amount of time to play the game), you can still build ships using either site. Saved ship builds are stored on your computer (if you give EDSY/Coriolis the permission to store local data when prompted) so any builds you theorycraft are never lost.

You can even take things a step further if you use Microsoft Edge to turn the sites into apps using the browser's app function, as I've done with EDSY... ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:44:55 pm by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I've finished Hexen II, through the Hammer of Thyrion sourceport.
I used the openGL executable of the sourceport but with settings that make it look like the software mode, it looks really nice but then again I have always found the Quake engine to hold up really well at high resolutions. I has a very minimalistic aestethic that really shines at higher rendering resolutions. You can still use software mode with a separate executable but it's limited to 4:3 resolutions.
I didn't bother with importing the CD music and just went with the MIDI tracks as with VirtualMIDIsynth and the Timbres of Heaven 3.94 soundbank it sounds just as good if not a bit better than the CD recordings (which makes me think they might just be sound canvas recordings like with the first Hexen) and it's much less fiddlly, I only had to lower the volume using the VirtualMIDIsynth equalizer since my chosen soundbank is a bit too loud.
I've played with the Crusader, the Necromancer is a villain protagonist according to the manual and in the end the exclusion of something like the wand the mage had in the first Hexen in favour of a melee weapon makes it more into an evil version of the crusader anyway.
There are experience points that allow to unlock one or two not very useful abilities and get you more health and mana so they probably took out respawning enemies to avoid level grinding though at least it is possible now to just concentrate on the puzzles once you clear all monsters. The puzzles are also a bit more elaborate, especially considering the environments it sort of feels like a first person Tomb Raider with much less platforming.
Except that I was stuck with the zodiac puzzle in the ancient Egypt part because one of the clues is apparently wrong or several depending on the way you look at it, I'm frankly surprised there was this big of an oversight especially considering this game was made pre-internet and is not a Sierra adventure game.
After the ancient Egypt part the puzzles get back to being fairly easy and more a matter of exploration than anything else with no misleading clues that I could find.
The ancient Rome/Greece part tends to be low on ammo though and I had to use the Kraters of Might I had in inventory several times to refill my mana, which was rather unfortunate since the last two horsemen will put a strain on your reserve of health and mana artifacts.
The return to Blackmarsh fared a bit better in that regard and I was able to build the reserve of health artifacts back up before the final boss.
Note that I was playing on the default difficulty which is also the easiest but considering how the last two horsemen and certain enemies are I might have spared myself a good amount of frustration.

In my quest for the backlog I've also finished Sam & Max: Hit The Road.
One of the few Lucasarts adventures I didn't complete in my younger days, I did start it at a certain point but for some reason I never went through with it.
I think it might have been because the interface is a bit awkward to use. It uses an animated cursor that is too big for pixel hunting and often only highlights an object if a possible action is selected which makes finding interactive spots a bit more of a chore than usual. There is also no visible verb bar. The GOG version comes with the hintbook in the game folder however which allowed me to actually being able to pick up objects and interactive spots that I completely passed over because the bigass cursor and absence of the verb bar didn't allow me to pick they weren't supposed to be part of the object/interactive spot beside them. Then of course there was me being a dumbass that often forgot the game runs on cartoon logic.
Really, though teenage-to-early-twenties me was much more adept at adventure games in general and considering I wasn't particularly good either that's saying something (I remember a guy in my class who solved Monkey Island 3 at Mega Monkey difficulty in three days by himself).

Finished Hexen: Deathkings of The Dark Citadel
I don't know if the final battle being that easy is supposed to be a relief or anticlimatic.
I've been playing this expansion at the default difficulty like the base game but the respawn rate and what respawns just put too much pressure when you are supposed to explore the levels to find weird secret passages that you need just to proceed with the game.

Playing Hexen for a short while last year made me realise I don't play many games with instant-death conditions similar to bottomless pits.

It's not really that bad, but I am someone who played Dark Forces keyboard-only on and off for twenty years so I'm probably fairly used to it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 03:33:18 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter

Quite a bit of it comes from theorycrafting stuff on EDSY or Coriolis, or looking at other people's builds on either site, as well as checking out EDSA (aka. http://wherethe****aremyhardpoints.com/) to see the hardpoint placements. If you don't have time to play the game (or, in my case, insufficient credits and engineering materials, along with a limited amount of time to play the game), you can still build ships using either site. Saved ship builds are stored on your computer (if you give EDSY/Coriolis the permission to store local data when prompted) so any builds you theorycraft are never lost.

You can even take things a step further if you use Microsoft Edge to turn the sites into apps using the browser's app function, as I've done with EDSY... ;)

Wow - thanks for the help! I am definitely also in the same boat of not having enough time/materials to get things upgraded, so theorycrafting would be a good way to at least see what is possible.

So it turns out that one of the free Playstation Plus games this month is the Final Fantasy VII Remake. My wife and I have been keen to play it but hadn't seen the price go low enough to pull the trigger... That is no longer a problem!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I played the demo, will happily take the first slice of the remade game pie for free, but I can't see myself getting the subsequent parts..
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Messed about a bit with the Ultrakill demo. I like the concept but no longer feel i have it in me to play at that cadence. Also I'm terrified of bottomless pits.

Still not in the right headspace to actually play games, I think. Just reading a lot of garbage.

Project Sylpheed is emulatable. That is all.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I've got that on xbox 360.

When they refer to ships being "sunk" it makes me lol.   Also it gets a bit UBER WEAPONY at the end,  but I overall enjoyed the action.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

When they refer to ships being "sunk" it makes me lol.

Look, if you're going to use the space navy thing, why not commit to it.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well... in FreeSpace they talk about shooting down, which is also a term from air battles.

So, what is the difference in shooting down and sinking in space anyway? Both are not particularly accurate for a deep-space enviroment.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 10:03:09 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Well you can proably excuse it as it being a term that carried over from aerial warfare. Sort of in how most people refer to small bandages as "Band-Aid" even if it isn't from the Band-Aid company, the word simply stuck and everyone's using it.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well, as Space battleship Yamato is one of the most important anime in anime history... i understand "sunk" very well, too.

I mean... they used the actual WWII Yamato and modded it into a space ship. :D

I think that the Space Navy stuff is actually much more estabilshed as the aerial warfare if i think about it. Many Sci-Fi shows about space battles remember me more of "Das Boot" instead of "Top Gun"...  :lol:

But well, to contribute to the Topic:

As i have never played "Zero Time Dilmemma" before, i restarted a run through the Zero Escape series on my PSVita (even i play it most of the time on my PSTV which is connected at my PC Capture Card), which has my greatest attention at the moment. Now i am right in the middle of Virtue's Last Reward.
Well what can i say? I simple forgot how mind****y that one is.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 10:44:07 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
So, what is the difference in shooting down and sinking in space anyway? Both are not particularly accurate for a deep-space enviroment.

"Sinking" would be more apporpriate if the space ship doesn't go up in a big fireball immediately, e.g. if it suffers a catastrophic loss of atmosphere or radiation contamination, or any kind of being rendered irrevocably inoperable that allows the crew to abandon ship. E.g. the GTD Legion in the FS2 intro is "sunk" by the Lucifer.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:08:42 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've got that on xbox 360.

When they refer to ships being "sunk" it makes me lol.   Also it gets a bit UBER WEAPONY at the end,  but I overall enjoyed the action.

It's definitely a Gundam convention, I don't know if Gundam got it from somewhere else first.

I'm actually playing Skyrim for the first time, because the creator of the excellent "Viva New Vegas" mod guide made a mod guide for it, and I amno longer cursed to eternally mod but not play Bethesda games.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh Goshua, It's Joshua

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Started Troy total war last night. 
Didn't read any documentation.
Stopped Troy total war last night 😂
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.