Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 612155 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
What are you playing right now?
We have plenty of threads in here for discussing individual games, but what we don't have is a catch-all thread for short blurbs about our current addictions.  So in the tradition of our favorite GenDisc threadnauts, have at it!

I'm currently working on the first-person survival horror title Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.  It's a game that languished in development hell for a few years, which shows in some general clunkiness and mediocre graphics for its time, but damn does it present a fantastically creepy atmosphere.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
I've been stuck in a Natural Selection 2 and Nethack rut most recently myself. I want to stop playing NS2 before I burn myself out of it so I can play more when they make more maps but it's too much fun. Nethack is a good time filler kind of game IMHO, but it's too hard to just sit through and play.

I'm splitting time between MWO and Defender's Quest, with a few minutes a day spent extracting myself from FFXI.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
My computer can't handle MWO, so I'm stuck with World of Tanks for all my grindy goodness.  Playing Halo 4 on the side, and Left 4 Dead 2 whenever I've got enough friends on Steam to make it hilarious.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
WoT, Civ V a little, going to go back to European Escalation instead of Civ V if there's any multi left, other things on occasion.

And MWO.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
AirMech has recently made me it's *****, as the nostalgia value it carries from Herzog Zwei prevents me from leaving it alone.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've been on a kick of the default windows games.  free cell, minesweeper, backgammon, pinball, etc.  i even have Hover!  someone really needs to make a modern version of that.

also, just about to complete a playthrough of RA2 and yuri's revenge.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Transcendence, a pretty awesome roguelike-like in spaaaace, and some extremely heavily modded Skyrim!

also Blue Planet :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
i've been on a kick of the default windows games.  free cell, minesweeper, backgammon, pinball, etc.  i even have Hover!  someone really needs to make a modern version of that.
Hover is so much fun.

Some mods for Company of Heroes and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.  Killing Nazis never gets boring, especially in the final mission of the Brit campaign where you wipe out something like 32 Waffen-SS tanks as a secondary objective. :P

As for Rebellion, I'm mainly playing Sins of the Fallen right now until the rest of the mods get updated.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I loved that mission in CoH. Finally getting around to finishing ME2, playing some World of Tanks and some Just Cause 2 silliness on the side. (got it for $6 lol) Been giving Minecraft a break.

Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Ys Origin (I swear, Toal's run is insanity with frequent hit-and-run tactic abuse), and The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (seriously, 10 hours and I'm still on Chapter 1 thanks to all the sidequests and going to places I shouldn't have gone through without seeing if a board request had something relevant there).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Madoka Magica Online because a browser game I can hide behind my LaTeX window is the only thing I can get away with at work. :P
If you can even call that a game.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Iji, a neat indie freebie with a graphic style that reminds me of Another World and Flashback.

It's a nice time sink if ya got nothing to do.

Offline Davros

Easy to answer since i copy my latest games into a folder called current games, makes finding them easier
most of these have been completed but i keep them there to remind me to add them to windows game explorer which is a total pain and after about 300 games it stops working completely and wont add a game automatically (not that it always did in the first place)

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Xbox 360 = Halo Reach
PS3 = Assassins Creed : Brotherhood
Android phone games = Galaxy on Fire 2, The Dark Knight Rises, Splinter Cell:Conviction.

I do not have access to a gaming PC or Laptop at the moment, otherwise I would be playing Diaspora: Shattered Armistice!  :cool: :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
ME3 Multiplayer and Borderlands 2 are occupying what little gaming time I have at the moment.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline LHN91

Just finished (FINALLY!) Deus Ex: HR. Playing a bit of Katamari Damacy when I have 5 minutes here and there. Not really starting on anything else just yet, finishing off the last couple weeks of University and somewhere in there doing a re-arrangement of my computer parts based on new parts I've found. After that, not sure.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
At the mo, i am playing;
Brutal Doom: This is a sheer brillant mod for the original Dooms, it is just makes it so much more fun.
Star Wars Old Republic: This took me by suprise, i hate MMO's yet i like it as it can be played as a singleplayer game and has a good story.
Also Skyrim and Starcraft 2 every now and again.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-