Author Topic: GVG Anuket [WIP]  (Read 22650 times)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
A Chocolate Anuket bar on sale!

Ignore the above comment. It looks awesome. I will surely download it when you finish it so that I can add it to my HTL models collection. :nod:
Nice and tasty exploding sweets :p

How do you people get to texture stuff so fast? I ******* suck at texturing...
Time, practice, and maybe the most important thing of all: Knowing what works and what does not.
AFAIK, Oddgrim is "modelling" his textures. I'm not familiar with this stuff, but it seems to be one of the best ways. Awesome model BTW, I'm sure the textures will be as cool as model :yes:

Thanks! Indeed, its to compliment the model mesh best way possible.

Update: Work in progress Normals/shine added, more texturing and adjustments.
I am planning to add vasudan-like markings on a few areas to spice up the boring palette.
http://p3d.in/xgh5J
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Very nice work :)

Might it make sense to add a bit of color variation to the large scaly plates?  As it is the sheer amount of that one color seems a little dominating.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Very nice work :)

Might it make sense to add a bit of color variation to the large scaly plates?  As it is the sheer amount of that one color seems a little dominating.

The retail texture has some horrible VERY grainy texture in for some reason I can't understand and just looks dreadful, but it does however have green in it which I will try to implement.
My models page:

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
The retail texture has some horrible VERY grainy texture in for some reason I can't understand and just looks dreadful, but it does however have green in it which I will try to implement.

Actually that's something I already noticed in some of your textures, most glaringly on the Mentu. The original models' textures had that grainy noise, but that gives some hue variation to the textures, making them more "rich". Your HTL textures lack that richness, precisely because thay lack that noise. My opinion of course, take it or leave it ;)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I am planning to add vasudan-like markings on a few areas to spice up the boring palette.
It'd be cool if we had an entirely functional and complete Vasudan language to work with.  That way, we could actually have nameplates for Vasudan ships in their own written language.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
You can always hand wave it by adding a second (and complete) Vasudan alphabet.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It'd be cool if we had an entirely functional and complete Vasudan language to work with.  That way, we could actually have nameplates for Vasudan ships in their own written language.
We do!  Well, the font used isn't attached to that post anymore, but I think it's floating around the Vasudan language page on the ST:R Holonet site.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
oh god, that's so cool. Vasudan nameplates f*** yea!
el hombre vicio...

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
The model looks freaking amazing.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
I don't think the Vasudan font is available for download anywhere. You'd have to see if Goob or someone still has a copy.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I don't think the Vasudan font is available for download anywhere. You'd have to see if Goob or someone still has a copy.

Yo', thanks :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Thanks for the font link, it will help me a lot c:
Anyhow, moar progress. Working on detailing the underside with normals some mesh and uvmap adjustments.
http://p3d.in/xgh5J
My models page:

Offline Arpit

If I am correct you have written 'air' on the underside plates and 'tr' on the above plates in vasudan lettering.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Don't want to make you upset but I don't particularly like the green tone you've added to the main hull plating, and I'm not a fan of the blue themed machinery part on the back. It's like it doesn't stick to the overall ship design, or maybe not that vasudany?

Of course if you keep it I'll shut my mouth, you're too good in model design to be wrong and me correct.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Yeah, the brown parts are just awesome, but the green shade looks a bit like a compression artifact[if you know what I mean] and the blue seems well too saturated and probably too bright.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Don't want to make you upset but I don't particularly like the green tone you've added to the main hull plating, and I'm not a fan of the blue themed machinery part on the back. It's like it doesn't stick to the overall ship design, or maybe not that vasudany?

Of course if you keep it I'll shut my mouth, you're too good in model design to be wrong and me correct.

All up to personal preference I suppose, but the blue parts stays just like in the retail model.

Yeah, the brown parts are just awesome, but the green shade looks a bit like a compression artifact[if you know what I mean] and the blue seems well too saturated and probably too bright.

I honestly believe that the green parts is a good emulation of the original retail texture. And by the way compering the green tint  to a compression artifact is a bit mean is it not? :p
My models page:

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I'm not saying your textures look like compression artifacts. Just the way the green fades from the brown, but in such case just don't mind this comparison. I only wished to support the opinion of it feeling a bit off, unnatural.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 I'm gonna say it: the retail textures were made ugly by the green rust, why not try something else? :warp: :headz: (Like a smoother transition gradient?)

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
were made ugly by the green rust

"Ugly" is not an objective adjective. You say it's "ugly", I say it's "beautiful" and "visually rich" :P
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.