Author Topic: Just Another Day Development Blog  (Read 233976 times)

Offline QueenHolley

• Queen of FreeSpace
Re: Just Another Day Development Blog
CHEATER.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
 :confused:  How many alts does Her Majesty have anyway? :confused:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Back to the not real world, BOTH OF YOU.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lorric

Who let Misuzu out of Wings of Dawn anyway?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I love the explody stuff from jad. Most play this yes.
el hombre vicio...

Oh gods, both of them are here now ... May FRED have mercy.

Offline QueenHolley

• Queen of FreeSpace

Oh look, I can get a better score than Ms Cheater without cheating.

Offline Luis Dias

What I get out of this thread is that I won't ever reach anywhere near 10 minutes in that score.

Hello, my glorious nerd-fans! Delta 1 here to tell you all about this race mission for the upcoming XTREME ARCADE release.

The objective's real simple, run the race as fast as you can. Simple, right? Well let me tell you the secret to running this FASTER and BETTER.

Kill things.

Allow me to refresh your poor little brains from that boring spiel from last month. Holley's got her very aptly named "Berserk Mode", and I have my incredible "Overdrive Mode" (though right now it says Berserk Mode on mine, probably needs a firmware update or something). When we enter these modes through killing enemies, our fighter's stats increase. What's important about the race is to go FAST. So to go FAST, we're going to need to spend a few precious seconds killing things to GO fast and to STAY fast.

Let's take a quick preview of the mission map!
So you can see the route we're going to be blazing through. A leg or two inside Vasudan ships and installations, racing around beams. I can already do it blindfolded. The red circles are were some dumb drones fly around. It'll take a few precious seconds to kill them, but it really pays off.

Allow me to show my picture perfect attempt at this race.

Obviously, we want my awesome fighter. It's red, so it goes faster. But Delta 1 you say, it says your top speed is only 70m/s! And Jerry, I'll say, cool it. This isn't even my final form.

And GO!

Okay, so I've already killed a few drones and gotten up to Berserk/Overdrive here. I'm using the suspiciously named Not Heaven's Fire (trademark issues I guess) to just take out that group of drones.

And presto, third level berserk! The third level doesn't improve stats any, it just gives me another upgrade of primary weapons, which is always a plus. You can also see that I'm doing a whopping 195m/s with my afterburner on! (I told you about my forms, bro. I told you.)

Just avoiding the beams, so I won't get hit.

Just passed through the Karnak installation to fly through an Arcadia. (Avoiding the Deimoses too!)

And coming through the final leg here!

And BOOM. 4:02:00 EXACTLY. I probably could have gotten it below 4 minutes if I wasn't spending my time sightseeing for you guys.

How'd you do, Epsilon 1?

I regret to inform that I did not fare as well.

See, now that's what a lack of killing power gets you. Just about double the time. (You really need a better fighter, bud.)

They have informed me its on backorder.

Right, so, how about you take the next preview. That drone shooty thing. Until next time, my fans!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
There's something I don't get, do we get to choose any of the three chars to play these mini games, or just a preset one?
DERP
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:09:47 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Axem

You can see in the ship select that there are the three "character" ships there, so you can play with any of the three.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Glorious :)

Also reminds me of the training course in XWA, fly through the rings, shoot stuff to go faster... didn't see any return fire in the JAD version though  :nervous: (obviously I'm viewing the beams as obstacles more than deliberate attempts to shoot down your ship!)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

There is some return fire (not a lot), but your fighter (when berserked) is going too fast for the weapons to hit. I might pump it up a bit more now that you've mentioned that. :p

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hurrah! Me & my big mouth making it harder for everyone  :warp:
----
----

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
I accept your challenge Axem.
In all seriousness, I can't wait for this to get released, that and JAD 2.22.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Hello. I am Epsilon 1. You may have seen me fly along aside my wingmates, Holley and Delta 1.

I have been asked to demonstrate the Drone Turkey Shoot mission for Just Another Day: Xtreme Arcade.

I begin by selecting my fighter, the GTF Ares. Unlike the GTF Ezechiel or GTB Rhea, it does not contain any special abilities that allow it to increase its stats due to destroying hostiles. Since I am familiar with this craft, I will select it.

Now I have selected my loadout.

I have now just begun the mission.

My score is being kept track of in the directives gauge. I have destroyed 7 drones.

This would be a good situation to use a high power weapon that is capable of destroying a mass of enemies in a constrained location. Unfortunately, I do not possess such a weapon.

Time has almost expired. Upon completion of the countdown, the systems of my fighter will shutdown and I will be unable to engage the enemy until the next mission.

My results have been condensed for the debriefing screen. As well, rank symbol has been displayed so that I may grade myself on the performance given. In this case, a C. Grades are given, from lowest to highest: F, D, C, B, A, S. It would appear there is a bug in the display, as it lists the fighter used as 'None'.

I will now also quickly demonstrate the alternate mode for this mission, the Duel Mode. The objective is to obtain more kills of the simulated drones than your rival, who may be Holley or Delta 1.

You can see Holley just finishing off a group of drones. The directives gauge displays the targets destroyed and the targets remaining. I have not been able to destroy any drones as of this image.

After killing enough drones, Holley has now gone into her berserk mode. I have not been able to destroy any drones as of this image.

Holley is engaging in some conversation as she continues to destroy the drones. I have been able to destroy 2 drones as of this image.

My results appear to have been less successful as the previous one.

Axem has told me that he will demonstrate the final mission next. It is the Endless Gauntlet.

Thank you.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Well at least SOMEONE can keep a level head in this madness.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Great, now they're sending in the clones...

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
zzzzzz.. huh done already? Why thank you Epsilon one that was.. informative. :p
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Darius

He is sooo creepy.