Author Topic: The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread  (Read 34317 times)

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread
Originally posted by an0n
I once started thinking I was a german WW2 fighter pilot and was being chased by Spitfires while I was in the shower. Then I thought it was like 4 am when it was only 11pm and started freaking out. It was cooool.

I have war flashbacks a lot, even though  i aint been in any wars, suddenly in class i'll start shooting and things while screaming "Get DOWN!". I also have delusions of telekenisis and try to move objects with my mind. Im considered insane :).
Got Ether?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Hehe. I can control the universe with my mind.

*makes wierd "wwoooooh" noises and waves hands*
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Wow, this thread popped up quickly...

Anyway, I think that you have a definite problem in your world view CP, specifically the distinct lack of an understanding that for all the trappings of society and technology, at the core, human beings are animals, driven on an animal level by genetic survival. Now, you say we clone everyone, and in theory, the body should be happy,  yay, perfect genetic survival, you've been copied. But tno matter how many times the rational part of your mind goes over the fact that your genetic survival is assured, and no matter howmany times you go and get yourself recloned there's no way to inform the animal part of your mentality of that. So you will continue to have basic, animalistic sexual urges, and be sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex. Sexual suppression doesn't work, which is why Catholic Priests are always found buggering altar boys. This is the first problem on with your idea.

The second problem comes from genetics - Cloning, or asexual reproduction doesn't work either - relatively simple diseases wipe out genetically similar populations, and the only reason all single celled organisms haven't been wiped out yet is because they're so small, meaning there can be a damned lot of them, and the chances that an individual or group will survive is a high one. Unfortunately, humans are too big, and require too many resources per individual to exist on this planet in the numbers neccessary to make asexual reproduction safe from a species survival point of view.

There are a multitude of other problems, but lets start with these ones, shall we?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Oooooo....I've tried to do that before, but it doesn't work :D. Anyways, Narol, it's basically impossible for humans to change even now. I've been thinking about it for awhile and chew on this: For evolution to work, a species must be sufficently low in numbers, and the mutant (that's what they are, yes) must have an advantage. But, due to the fact that our current technological prowess has basically given a fair advantage to everyone that is normal, and a fighting chance for even mentally retarded and phyiscally disabled persons. So, therefore, mutants will be unable to properly propagate their better genes, because humans do not have low enough numbers, either.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
What happens is the web toed people pass on their genes to their kids and eventually (like 8 generations later) you've got thousands of people with the web toed genes and when two such latently gened people mate, their off spring has web toes and thus the cycle continues until everyone has a small amount of web-toed-ness and half the population has slightly webbed toes.

The drop dispersing through the ocean, so to speak.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
You know what else is screwing up evolution? Intelligent women (and any female who read this has just gone Kill the Sexist!!! but I assure you, I use the term Biologically,and not socially). Now, women, or more accurately females, choose their mates not based on survival of the fittest, but at least as much on charachter. Hence, the purely physical evolution of advanced mutants has ceased, as no matter how much more advanced you are than other guys, it's not going to help you propogate as much as it should. So what we've switched to is a far more haphazard system of psychological evolution, basically that good character is created by a guys raising, and he will pass that raising (and hopefully the superior personality/charachter) on to his offspring. Unfortunately, with social diseases like divorce, alcohol, stress, infidelity etc. running rampant, there is a very low chance of this actually occuring neatly.

Not that I'm complaining though. I'm ready to admit to not being the most genetically advanced person on the planet, so it's really in my favour :).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Originally posted by Unkown Target
BTW, did you know dolphins are the only other creature besides humans that have sex for pleasure???

Heh heh...kinky little aquatic mammals.  ^^;;
~Delta

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
It still amazes me that ugly people pair up and procreate.

As an ugly man myself, I personally would never even consider screwing any woman less than angelic in her beauty. And before you say that's stupid, just look at Mick Hucknell.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Wow...only about 4 posts that did not go off topic or about evolution, or world domination in the last 2 pages.

Anyways...Shrike as I was saying.  I don't like looking at Jessica(She's 14!) at 90 pounds and most of it is from the baby.  And then you have David who is married and has a kid and no money, and is only 17.  Then Mandi has a kid and she's only 18, Birtney 18 has a kid.  Courtney has a kid and no father for it, and she's 16.  See my trend here?  All these people had kids during school.  And you can see why I frown on it.  :doubt:
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine

As an ugly man myself, I personally would never even consider screwing any woman less than angelic in her beauty. And before you say that's stupid, just look at Mick Hucknell.

Or Donald Trump.  ^^
~Delta

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Originally posted by delta_7890

Or Donald Trump.  ^^
*imagines Ivana Trump naked*

Uh.....no.

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Originally posted by CODEDOG ND
Wow...only about 4 posts that did not go off topic or about evolution, or world domination in the last 2 pages.

Anyways...Shrike as I was saying.  I don't like looking at Jessica(She's 14!) at 90 pounds and most of it is from the baby.  And then you have David who is married and has a kid and no money, and is only 17.  Then Mandi has a kid and she's only 18, Birtney 18 has a kid.  Courtney has a kid and no father for it, and she's 16.  See my trend here?  All these people had kids during school.  And you can see why I frown on it.  :doubt:

Wow...  And all of these people engaged in safe sex?  Now I'm not trying to be offensive, but it's my experience that the most reliable method of safe sex, using a condom, is pretty hard to mess up so long as you know what you're doing.  Too many people don't bother to read instructions on the boxes, or haven't had the opportunity to learn how to use them from school or another educational method.  As silly as it sounds, you can screw up a condom.  I don't mean to pass the blame on to these people, but at the same time, I find it hard to believe that each and every one of them used prevention methods correctly and still managed to concieve children.
~Delta

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Wow...  And all of these people engaged in safe sex?  Now I'm not trying to be offensive, but it's my experience that the most reliable method of safe sex, using a condom, is pretty hard to mess up so long as you know what you're doing.  Too many people don't bother to read instructions on the boxes, or haven't had the opportunity to learn how to use them from school or another educational method.  As silly as it sounds, you can screw up a condom.  I don't mean to pass the blame on to these people, but at the same time, I find it hard to believe that each and every one of them used prevention methods correctly and still managed to concieve children.

Exactly.

And Shrike, what was that question you mentioned earlier? :D
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Unfortunate...

Offline Top Gun

Or of course Mr Stringfellow.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
this is a sad, sad thread...
no offense, but it says a lot about the people that have posted in it! :D

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Originally posted by Blue Lion

only other creatures known to :wink:

I think my birds do it also :p
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Looks like a lot more replies this time around. :D

Yeah, right. Just as theory proved that a train couldn't move faster than 47 mph back on the 1700s or else everyone inside would suffocate because of the pressure differential. We might just find that the core of the sun is completely different from what we theorize, as you might find that sex is completely different than you imagine. The only sure way of knowing something is through experimentation, and if you think otherwise you're a fool.

Yes, but then the experiential bias kicks in, especially for a subject like this, which will very likely influence a human's thinking in a certain direction (this becomes an issue while forming logic statements). Also, what you are saying about experimentation is completely wrong as well, since experimentation is just a form of theory at its very core (yes, ask any philosopher about this :p); in other words, there is no "sure way" of knowing something, and if all the variables are taken into account the two are going to be exactly the same anyway. Theory can live without experiment (mathematics) but experiment is meaningless without theory. Also, I can give you fifty other theories that have worked out almost perfectly in practice.

Hm, what other species that you know of right now have evolved into something else? Specially, what other species that have already reached a level similar to humans have evolved into something else? How can you be sure of that, if there is no known example of any species evolving beyond our own level?

Once again, the theory, which in turn is based on induction. Think holistically and view the universe as one unit rather than a group of discrete units.

You may think they are not, but they are. Your passion for math is just your way of venting your sexual frustration, as is your overly argumentative attitude towards such subjects. You may not even realize it, but it's the truth. Live with it.

Ah! Therefore, your passion for sex is just your way of venting mathematical frustration, as is your overly argumentative attitude towards such subjects. You may not even realize it, but it's the truth. Live with it. :D

I love the way these assertive statements can be turned around... :D (actually, I happen to like arguing, but apparently so do you, so that's good :D)

In classical music, 1 is calm, 3 is building and 5 is tense. These are the intervals from the first note played. Almost all Western music is based on this concept....immensely more complex but based on this concept...and even some non-western music uses this concept (and even farther than that, this theory seems to apply to other types of non-western music as well). Basically....at the 5th interval...you have well...sex. And the guy doing the presentation was funny as hell about it too...but it makes sense to me.

Wait, if you are going to be this general then anything could be related to anything else; for example, the general fifth-degree polynomial equation is unsolvable using elementary functions, and it is related to the number five. Therefore, music is intimately related to Abel's impossibility theorem. :D

So im not talking about lyrics...im talking about the fundamentals of how our brain interprets everything around us. We relate to everything and we relate it to our most basic instinct. Its hardwired into us. Remove that wiring and I don't think there would be much left.

That is not exactly true. As I have said many times here already, this is only the case in the current cultural paradigm; previous ones did not have the same characteristic. Anyway, just "remove the wiring" and instead plug in new wiring. :D

Hm, point me to the last time when there was a paradigm shift on this subject. Or you assume that, because one said subject may suffer a shift, any other subject might as well?

About 200 years ago. Sex was still a part of human affairs but a side thing; nothing even close to what it has become today. And yes, I do assume exactly that, because there is no evidence to the contrary and other theories are favorable, so this is what the induction procedure suggests.

It is mathematically proven that a non-deterministic approach to the solution of any problem is at least as good as any deterministic solution. It is also noted through statistical and experimental methods that in the vast majority of the problems, a non-deterministic approach provides far better and faster results than any deterministic approach. Diversity means non-determinism and is, therefore, better - even under strict scientifical scrutiny.

That only holds when when very little information about the problem is known or more specifically, that it is a decidedly indeterminate question. I would like to see you prove that performing truly random actions has a higher probability of success than following a theorized algorithm, mathematically speaking. :p Secondly, how does diversity imply a probabilistic system? Just because it looks more complicated to us does not make it any less deterministic than a uniform approach.

Eh?

10 sub-argument wins; I consider it a victory when the other guy either comes back but does not respond to that sub-argument refutation or does not come back at all for a while. :D (or concedes defeat, but that almost never happens for obvious reasons) Let us find out if I can add any more to that.

you like blue, don't you?
well, I can understand that CP likes maths so much, but I can't stand he uses is own exemple to assume that everyone should be like he is, and he doesn't even realize how... sad the world would be. Oh, forgive me, happiness is a waste of time, probably.

Like I said before, anyone can be quickly tricked into thinking they like math, even with our current knowledge, and they would thus derive pleasure from it anyway, so it works out even if happiness is taken as an objective.

Anyway, I think that you have a definite problem in your world view CP, specifically the distinct lack of an understanding that for all the trappings of society and technology, at the core, human beings are animals, driven on an animal level by genetic survival. Now, you say we clone everyone, and in theory, the body should be happy, yay, perfect genetic survival, you've been copied. But tno matter how many times the rational part of your mind goes over the fact that your genetic survival is assured, and no matter howmany times you go and get yourself recloned there's no way to inform the animal part of your mentality of that. So you will continue to have basic, animalistic sexual urges, and be sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex. Sexual suppression doesn't work, which is why Catholic Priests are always found buggering altar boys. This is the first problem on with your idea.

Exactly, and every animal is a logical construct of the natural universe. This is what I have been saying all along: there is no difference between an animal and a rock as far as their core laws go. How is this "animal part" of human mentality (or of anything else) any more constant than any of the other attributes? This is a simple case of social evolution; people will generally retain these mental attributes as long as they contribute towards the survival of the individual. Over time, if newer systems become more mainstream and the survival is no longer dependant on a particular system, the thoughts of the people will also change to reflect that. Same reason why animals have slightly different instincts than we do. (where do you think morals came from?) Also, who said anything about "sexual suppression?"

The second problem comes from genetics - Cloning, or asexual reproduction doesn't work either - relatively simple diseases wipe out genetically similar populations, and the only reason all single celled organisms haven't been wiped out yet is because they're so small, meaning there can be a damned lot of them, and the chances that an individual or group will survive is a high one. Unfortunately, humans are too big, and require too many resources per individual to exist on this planet in the numbers neccessary to make asexual reproduction safe from a species survival point of view.

You are looking at the short-term effects of the whole issue rather than taking things from a universal perspective. Let us assume a hypothetical situation: suppose that humans have minimal contact with the rest of the Earth's ecosystem, and everything that goes into a human (food, air, etc.) is thoroughly screened by atomic-precision computers before allowing it in. Also, in the event that something fails, a bacterium gets in and a guy gets sick, he is quarantined from the rest of the population. Of course, the chance of everyone dying out still exists, but it is much lower than a completely "natural" situation. Anyway, what I had in mind for this problem was that the cloning system culd periodically change certain parts of its genetic structure (unimportant stuff that is not directly related to cognitive processes) to have the viruses keep following in a perpetual "evolutionary race." (when they adapt to the new system, change it again) Also, if what you are saying about uniform genes is that big of deal, most animal species on this planet would not exist, seeing as the human attributes a far, far greater genetic diversity than any of those, and even the human falls to micro-organisms.

This topic is getting more interesting now... :D

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Maeglamor
The nice guy would think it 'ungentlemanly' to be so forward and ultimately that's what shoots them down from the start.
Damn, is that why all the girls ignore me? Or is it because I'm a nerd?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
*decides the thread is pointless and tries to tear it down*
*remembers he doesn't have mod or admin powers*
*puts thread to good use*
*hits on Borealis*

How you doin'? :nod: