Author Topic: The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread  (Read 34533 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread
I cannot see how that response had anything to do with the interpretation. :p

Anyway, I am off to do some gaming now, but I will be back in a few hours. :D ;7
« Last Edit: July 15, 2002, 08:49:35 pm by 296 »

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
You can knock someone up while drunk and stoned off your ass at 2am while eating a kebab in the back seat of your car. But you have to put time, money and resources into cloning.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Ah, so "knock up" means to have sex; why didn't you say so? It might be harder (right now anyway; that will change later on) but the benefits are also higher; the artificial human would be specially designed to suit a certain purpose and thus would be better at its task than an offspring of sex.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
So you're restricting free will in order to increase productivity. Enviable, but misguided. We have computers to do such things. The ideal world would not be one where everyone had a specific, predetermined function. It would be a world where people no longer needed to bother with work and maintainence of society and could pursue the arts and the development of science. You take away free will and you take away innovation. You got 10 billion uber-men exactly the same and eventually you run out of ideas. Let the robots defend the Earth while we explore being human.

And Knock Up means to concieve.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Hmmm sorry I wasn't around this weekend I seemed to have missed an interesting thread.

Since my GF came into town for the weekend ........I was too busy relating to the topic of this thread that I didn't even know about :D
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
This thread only started today.

Four and a half hours ago actually.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Can we get off the whole world dominated by clones, and back to something that is in use today?
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
You mean, sex?
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
So you're restricting free will in order to increase productivity. Enviable, but misguided. We have computers to do such things. The ideal world would not be one where everyone had a specific, predetermined function. It would be a world where people no longer needed to bother with work and maintainence of society and could pursue the arts and the development of science. You take away free will and you take away innovation. You got 10 billion uber-men exactly the same and eventually you run out of ideas. Let the robots defend the Earth while we explore being human.

The robot and the human is probably fundamentally the same thing though, so they will at some point merge. (see The Age of Spiritual Machines) Free will in that sense cannot really be said to exist; it is most likely either a complicated sequence of chemical reactions within the brain or random particle movements (or both), both of which can be replicated in a robot, as can be this "innovation." There should be no difference between work and leisure here, since both would amount to the same thing in the end; people could be made to like thinking so that they do think. The "uber men" will all be the same physically (and there will be no difference between the man and the robot), but they will all be designed to think using different procedures (determined by whatever makes up the "free will"), thus attacking problems from different angles. What you are saying is true for the current social era, which will probably last another few thousand years, but it does not hold outside of that. Also, the concept of "being human" is one of these intuitive pieces of nonsense that most people believe to be true; being human and being uh, non-human are the same thing. :p :D

And Knock Up means to concieve.

okay whatever, same thing. :p

Can we get off the whole world dominated by clones, and back to something that is in use today?

I like clones better. :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2002, 10:06:49 pm by 296 »

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Ok...cloning replacing sex is probably the single worst move that the human race can undertake (a close second involves the burning of fossil fuels).

But I'm not going to go after cloning methods...lets look at it another way around.  Our ENTIRE social, mental, physical system is designed around procreation.  Everything we do every day of the year is somehow influenced by sex.  Take that out of the equation and you create a serious serious imbalance.

There are litterally thousands of examples that I could come up with off the top of my head...but seriously...go through a day and keep a mental note to figure out how nearly every action you take is related.

From listening to music, to driving down the highway, to having a conversation or thinking to yourself....to dreaming...to playing sports...all of it...we relate to all of that biologically...and the relation is done via sex...the idea of...the goal of...the act of.  How could we even think of removing it from the equation?
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I'd give up sex in a second if I could have a super-clone army.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's pretty funny to listen to conservativist arguments. :D Of course our current system is designed around it, which is one of the reasons it will fall apart, and besides, these cultural paradigms are constantly changing anyway. Also, my daily activities are not really related to sex at all. :p

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Also, my daily activities are not really related to sex at all.

Do you listen to music at any time of the day?  Probably at somepoint.  No matter the key...no matter the type of music or the culture its based from....its all there.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Actually, no I do not. My days are spent solving math problems, playing computer games and building lego stuff; that's really about it. :D But regardless of that, I think I can find some music that is not related to sex, even though that can be a bit difficult these days.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
wow that is a crap load of posts in a few hours
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by Knight Templar
wow that is a crap load of posts in a few hours

:nod:

You know, these kind of threads do get a lot of replies, which have CP against the topic...

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Styxx

LOL! 0wnagE!! :D

0wnagE p0rn? That's a naked goat of justice or sufing??? :wtf:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Originally posted by CP5670

Actually, while sex was indeed necessary up to now, the cloning and other artificial systems will invalidate it very soon. And it would actually be interesting as hell because then everyone would focus on other things, such as the pursuit of knowledge. ;7

well people would still have sex for fun.

*runs out of thread never to return*:eek:

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Ok, I've read 1st and a half of 2nd pages of this... Its nothing more but ****ING SPAMMING!!!! What about ppl with real troubles...?!

Anyway... what's the cheapest way from slovenia to NL, i don't have quite alot of money, and i really want to see my GF again, I don't like long relationships; no kissing and no ";7" It's bad :( I miss her :(.

See finaly one :lol::lol: mwahahaha :lol::lol:
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Courier job probably. Or pretending to be a 17 year old nympho in chat-rooms and getting some sicko to buy you tickets over the internet.