Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308278 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: What are you working on?
Hmm, that makes me wonder, did anyone ever HTL the Ticonderoga from TVWP?
It's called GTC Ethon in Inferno Alliance modpack and it's based on HTL Fenris. And has different  turret setup.

...and the Ticonderoga is not from TVWP. It's independent model by Hamano. I dunno which model is older. I mean Ticonderoga or TFg Atropos.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:31:02 pm by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Why is this not stickied is beyond my understanding.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Why is this not stickied is beyond my understanding.

We like to leave a few mysteries unsolved to foster a thirst for knowledge in the HLP community.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
and/or we're totally lazy and don't feel like it

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

trilateral symmetry parts [✓]
spaced armor plates [✓]
completely impractical design [✓]
made of loosely stacked boxes [✓]

if there was every any doubt who made it

Ass end isn't done. Not a big fan of those fin things myself, but it looks even worse without them there. Will probably replace em.

Also probably going to change those cargo container looking things to something more sturdy-looking for middle spar.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Looks like UEF heavy logistics vessel or something like this. Also looks very detailed but has suprisingly low polycount. I like it :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Very odd engine placement.  I missed it initially.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
We really need to stop using "It looks like a Blue Planet thingy" as a compliment... It isn't that useful. :P

The craft design is interesting and eye catching. Those interlocking parts and rotators will look very good with dynamic shadows.

Personally, I'd consider moving the engine blocks a bit rather away from the rots, they look like they would melt them. Or maybe point them outwards. (slightly diagonally away from?)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We really need to stop using "It looks like a Blue Planet thingy" as a compliment... It isn't that useful. :P
I actually wanted to avoid something like "Yeah, it definitly looks like another ship from Commonwealth fleet" which is obvious and it's obvious why he modelled it. I'm not a pleasant man :P. Federation and Commonwealth shares a lot of of features of their ships. Droid's model would fit to both.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Can't blame us if something you make fits into a design language we've seen
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Aesaar

There's something about it that reminds me of Dead Space's Ishimura.  Wouldn't be the first DE ship to do that.

I quite like it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:07:25 pm by Aesaar »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It looks like some sort of large freighter/logistics vessel, or a colony ship. Interesting design.

Offline Darius

I get an Earth battleship from Nexus feeling from it.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
You mean the Longsword/Stiletto, right? Because the human battleship is curvy and angled, all Battlestar Galactica-looking.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Actually, it kinda gives me a Kissaki Syndicate vibe.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Darius

yep, those Japanese warships you see early on in the game.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Ok... I'm going to break the trend here with WIP by going from video to audio.

If anyone remembers, I created a small new pack of sounds which can be found in this thread...

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=88330.0

At some point in the near future, I will restart my audio quest and begin adding to it. Also, I would like people to note that I can do music as well. So what I will ask is if anyone has any requests please feel free to PM me with these details:-

• What sound you want i.e. single shot weapon, beam weapon, thruster sounds etc...
  • Sound length (which is critical depending on what your aim for the sound is)
  • A brief description of the sound i.e. fast repeating sound, high energy weapon, impact shots etc...

As for music requests, my experience is with creating electronic music, predominantly drum and bass, but I wouldn't mind having a go at some more atmospheric stuff. Again, PM me with details and let me know what kind of feeling you are going for i.e tension, calm, chaos etc... as well as song length so I have something to work with.

For Betrayal, I will get round to making that sound for you soon (hopefully) that you requested from Iron Sky. Please could you let me know if you needed that weapon split into components or if you are happy with it as a single consistent weapon i.e always fires in 6 second bursts.

I do not feel... I think!

Offline Axem

Time for some cloak and dagger tactics...

All Lua driven, and theoretically supports non-player ships too, though getting the AI to use it in a semi-competent fashion... is a another question.

(Hey Gee1337, I could use some cloak/decloaking sounds...)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Axem, is that using the built-in FSO cloaking feature? I assume the script is handling simulated energy, auto-decloaks, and whether or not the AI can target you. Definitely cool... and I fear to think of how this will be used in JAD.  :shaking:
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Axem

You are very perceptive, mjn! Yes, the script handles the effect, the ship flags, the energy and methods that can "kick" you out of cloak. There's a config file that governs all those rules for anyone who wants to tweak things. And while it is written JAD, it's generic enough for anyone else to use.