Author Topic: HLP's Darkest Dungeon - Week 6 (2 unclaimed Heroes); First Death  (Read 32158 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: HLP's Darkest Dungeon - Week 4 (3 unclaimed Heroes)
What's the current roster ?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

What's the current roster ?

It's in the first post, plus Trashman as the new Crusader (presumably). You might have to wait for more recruits before you get another plague doctor.

Offline Lorric

After the several brushes with death and lasting damage left on me from the last mission, I was left wrestling with demons of the mental variety. I turned then to prayer, calling to my Lord for assistance to quiet my troubled mind. But it was to little avail. What I really needed was to get into the Abbey where the power of prayer on such sacred ground would be amplified to a clarity far in excess of what a man on his own is capable of. But that was simply not possible at this time. All I could do was see it as a test of faith and do my best to pass that test.

Meanwhile, two new heroes rolled into town on the latest stagecoach. A Leper and a Hellion, the latter it seems cannot speak the common tongue. Not that that really matters in my experience when it comes to Hellions. Try to put together a plan which doesn’t involve the Hellion getting to kill or do enough killing, and the response will be some variation of “No, I’m gonna start killing stuff.” Well, there won’t be any shortage of that around here, and Lepers make good warriors as well, so I’m happy to have this extra muscle added to our team.

Speaking of team, these two joined Lepanto and Scourge in another raid into the Ruins. Unfortunately I wasn’t in any fit state to join them, and neither was that rogue, Deathfun.

So I was left essentially alone to wrestle with my demons, and also my concern for Lepanto, in whom I already know I have found a kindred soul. The less said about demons the better really, I do not want to drag those memories back up, but obviously here I am so I got through it. As did the party that struck out into the ruins, their expedition fared significantly better than the one I went on, though there were still close calls.

It was at this point we decided we needed to train. We needed to be better prepared. We needed to mesh together into a fighting unit. We needed to exercise our minds as well as our muscles and grow more accustomed to each other and where we fit into the team. The training I have to say went astonishingly well. Every one of us made great progress, both individually and as a fighting force. And for my part, while I still have not been able to quiet the demons or get into the Abbey, my faith and courage have been greatly rewarded, my Lord has smiled upon me, and granted me new tools to wield in the battle against evil, in the form of Battle Heal and Holy Lance. Lepanto too was blessed with a new ability, Illumination.

Even though I was still wrestling with mental demons, my new divinely bestowed powers and some encouragement from Lepanto have given me a new confidence to join the next quest. And with two more heroes arriving, Lepanto and I intend to take them out to the road, which has been reported to be growing ever more dangerous, in order to make sure the road remains clear for the influx of supplies and new recruits rolling into town.

The new heroes are a Jester, Firespawn, and a Bounty Hunter, Patriot. I hope they prove as capable as my other companions have been. To battle then, for Justice, Honour and Faith...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
FYI, dunno how useful the Bulwark of Faith is.

The Inspireing Cry (+1 Heal, +5 Torch, -4 stress) ability is far more useful IMHO.

Just FYI, the upgrade seems borked ATM, since level 2 of that abillity is exactly the same
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Lorric

Well, I’ve just got back from our latest foray.

That was an unexpectedly tough baptism by fire for the newcomers, but they proved to be at least just as capable as our other companions.

That was a hell of a slog, we didn’t go far, but the road is absolutely thick with enemies. But we hacked our way through them anyway. It’s lucky the party was okay with our (Lepanto and I) idea, there’s no way anything would have been getting through to the town with that lot on the road. Despite the heavy resistance this excursion went better than the last one I was on, though there were still moments where the hand of death was on our shoulders. There was one especially precarious moment where Lepanto and I barely managed to keep the Bounty Hunter, Patriot, from becoming our first loss of this campaign. But none could stand before the Sword of Justice this day, and we recovered much booty as well. I am surprised how much booty we are finding to be honest. The cultists must have plans when they have gathered so much money and material.

The cultists have been fusing dead bodies with fungus to create unholy abominations, a mixture of life, death and foul magic. God only knows what sick operation they’re planning. It’s not just these fungus zombie abominations, there are ectoplasm monsters and giant maggots and giant spiders as well, all clearly in thrall of these cultists. This is a far worse scourge we’re facing than was initially thought. I can thankfully take heart from the fact my God is with me and more brave souls are on the way to help us root out this evil. I want to go back immediately to try and root out this evil at its source so we can put an end to it, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Workers from the town have managed to open the way to the Warrens, another known nest of evil in this wretched place, and right now, it’s looking like some of my companions would prefer to quest into that area immediately. To be honest, I can’t say I blame them. We don’t want any nasty surprises emerging from that area while we’re out on the road again.

Speaking of my God being with me, I finally got to pray at the abbey. I spent many hours there calming my mind and soul and basking in the light of my Lord‘s love. The light has not been chased from this place. My Lord is watching, and his servant will not bring his Lord shame. I feel a new determination that I must not fall here in this place. I will fight to the last. They will not take me.

Darkness is taking a hold on this wretched place though. I can sense the corruption seeping into the very fabric of the land itself. I prefer to keep my helmet on even when in town. It helps filter out some of the reek of this unholy corruption.

Two more heroes arrived, so it was very fortuitous that we managed to clear the road for their arrival, or they would surely have drowned in a sea of enemies. One of them is a grave robber, and we also have another Crusader in the party now. I was able to get an update from him on the Crusader Guild’s current primary quest, the search for the fabled Hammer of Light. It seems the quest has resumed after fresh evidence has indicated the Hammer is somewhere in the city of Vasuda. And the familiar death cult that has dogged our progress every step of the way is back in force, and the crusaders are currently fighting their way along the road to Vasuda. We still know little of their motives, only that the Hammer of Light has a central role in a doomsday prophecy of theirs, and they believe in the existence and coming of a race they call “The Destroyers” as part of that prophecy.

It’s not just heroes that arrived in town either. A group of carpenters arrived, and set to work right away on fixing up some these run down and abandoned houses in the town. A decision has been made that we will quest in groups of four, and I know that I won’t be going on the next quest, so I’ve picked out a house for myself, and I intend to help get it fixed up and move out of my tent while the next foray is in progress. I had been getting worried about the long term effects of breathing in this corruption, especially with the state of my health, so lodging in a house rather than a tent on the open ground should help me a great deal with that. I am proud to see the way this growing corruption is having seemingly no effect on any of my companions or the folk in town. Our victories have breathed life into the townsfolk. Now the town is alive with the sounds of chatter and hammers striking metal, saws sawing wood, and all the sounds you expect to hear in a bustling town. It does my heart glad to be a part of this.

For Justice, Honour and Faith.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: HLP's Darkest Dungeon - Week 4 (2,5 unclaimed Heroes)
Can has plague doctor plox xx

I have marked down your name but I don't control when a new plague doctor comes up. However with 5 new heroes a week the chances will be good that you get you spot soon.

I called dibs on the crusader!

Check you PMs please

PSA: I have to move currently and the new flat doesn't have internet yet, so I'm mostly leeching it from my university right now. As a result the DD Let's Play on HLP will be suspended for the coming 2-3 weeks, while I get my stuff sorted out.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Lorric

Well since we've got some time before this comes back, I'm gonna throw a bit of praise around. This has been very enjoyable for me so far. :)

I'd like to say that I like how 0rph3u5 narrates the story a lot. Both from a standpoint of just enjoying to read it and from a standpoint of creating RP to go with it. I think the format works very well for making it significantly easier to do that, and I appreciate it.

Deathfun's work is very impressive. Round of applause for Deathfun indeed. And Scourge's entries are a lot of fun to read as well. I think we're on to something good here, and this is just the beginning. So I'm definitely looking forward to continuing this, at least, as long as I am alive to tell the tale... :nervous:

Well since we've got some time before this comes back, I'm gonna throw a bit of praise around. This has been very enjoyable for me so far. :)

I'd like to say that I like how 0rph3u5 narrates the story a lot. Both from a standpoint of just enjoying to read it and from a standpoint of creating RP to go with it. I think the format works very well for making it significantly easier to do that, and I appreciate it.

Likewise, and great writing all.

Offline Lorric

There's still room for more.

Join usssssss... :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
There's still room for more.

Join usssssss... :)

I just had a Chaos Gate flashback. Thank you
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Beast or system shock 2 myself.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
WOOT! Firespawn always gets the last laugh.

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline 0rph3u5

I'm back ... setting up the Internet connection in my new flat was complicated by the fact that there are several outlets for cable & internet, half of which were dead ends (and until I had a tech over to look it over there was no way to tell them apart - go 60's construction ;) )

As for progress, I'm currently down with fever but I'll try to get the next session in on Sunday
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Hope you get better! :) Good that you're back! Time for me to save half the party from certain horrible death again, as usual!
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Welcome back to the internet!

Offline Lorric

*Lorric cleans off the rust and shines up and sharpens the Sword of Justice*

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: HLP's Darkest Dungeon - Week 5 (3 unclaimed Heroes)
Alright'y, Week 5 (aka Session 4) is a go

Three points ahead of time:

- the "Slayer of the Pigmen" will now be known as TrashMan; I was kinda ticked off at the advice I was given by him earlier (I felt it was a bit disrespectful) but due to the stress I was in back then, I got very intense in the PM. I apologize for that and welcome him to the group.

- The lack of practice in the last weeks shows a bit. Some of the screenshots are badly timed.

- There are still three Heroes without a name, a Hellion, a Grave Robber and an Occultist. Seeing the Roster is nearly full, I really would like to have people who are interested to take up the mantle of any of those three before asking for one the established classes.

The vote for the quest for this session:
- One vote was cast for Quest B (Scout the Weald)
- Two votes were given to Quest D (Skirmish in the Warrens)

Updated the first post.

While a group of our Heroes was out questing during the last week, a lone traveller dragged himself back to the Hamlet. His story was gruesome as he had been captured, violated and parts of his body been cut off to feed his captors which he identified creatures half-man and half-pig. Before he died he was able to roughly outline a way to the Pigmen's Warrens.

Having heard that story, a group of our Heroes - TrashMan, StarSlayer, deathfun and Scourge of Ages - resolved to find the entrance to these Warrens and to begin challenging the leaders of the vile Pigmen.

With Lepanto, the Heroes only dedicated hero, currently resting for the her last forray in the Weald. Our current party has to rely on Rations as well as the (rather limited) Healing powers of TrashMan and StarSlayer's ability to tend his own wounds.

(Spending so much on rations did seem excessive for a short quest, but without a Vestal to heal the party I was going for "better safe than sorry" - also accounting for the time that had passed since the last session)

Our heroes arrive at the Warrens, the entrance was right were their former prisoner said they could be found. The Warrens are a filthy place, dark and stinking for end to end. It is a wonder that no one had found it by the unmistakable odours alone...

... but it takes more than stench to deter our Heroes and Quest begins in earnest.

The Pigmen are known to be terrible hoarders, which explains their dirty dwellings. But to an adventuring spirit this means one thing above all:

Loot.

But the prospect of riches which the Pigmen might have accumulated unwillingly also attracts rather shady figures who either trade or steal with the creatures of the Warrens.

While it is hard to decern what intentions brought the party of Brigants before our Heroes, their raised weapons do speak clearly of their opinions on their mission to rebuild the Hamlet and drive away Evil.

After an awful lot of dodging, the first blow that connects is from a Bandit.

Yet just because they drew first blood it does not follow that Bandits are a match for our Heroes:

TrashMan proves that he is more than apt in killing men as well as swine and StarSlayer once more shows that a big sword trumps all finesse. (At this stage I realized that I had missed on equipping StarSlayer's newly learned Hew-skill which would have been very useful)

Among what the Pigmen drag down to their Warrens are many curious items for which the half-creatures have little use.

But just as their indiscriminate looting brings items of great value into the possession of the Pigmen, they too steal things that banal and mundane - to the disappointment of Scourge of the Ages.

The next room is of ancient construction but it is filthy beyond measure.

Clearly someone or something has been here previously but not anymore.

Just because they are uncultivated savages it does not follow that the Pigmen know nothing of defence, obviously our Heroes have been expected and their passage has been blocked with rubble. A crude defence made with crude tools and by crude minds.

(Someone please remind me to buy shovels)

After having cleared the rubble with brute force, our Heroes go on and find what appears to be remnants of Brigand camp but there is no sign of the ruffians but the backpacks they left behind.

And of course there is something to be "returned to the good cause" from these backpacks.

So far there had been plenty of signs that indicated the presence of Pigmen, but none of them had shown. But as our Heroes make it to another room on their route. Before entering they can hear the unmistakable grunting of the half-creatures. Undisciplined as they are, the Pigmen have no sentries and so are unprepared for the sudden attack of our heroes.

Scourge of Ages once more proves her mastery of blinding powders to enhance the Party's advantage over their enemies.

TrashMan shows off his signature move - Holy Lance.

Profiting for TrashMan's strike against the Pigmen Drummer, deathfun is able to kill the creature with Grapeshots.

The Pigmen's filthy living conditions make them all but immune against toxins and disease, still Scourge is able to find a poison that hurts the hideous Pigman.

While the Pigmen are indeed formidable fighters, they cannot last against the blades of our Heroes.

Worse than the profiteers that trade or rob the Pigmen are the Cultists of the Old Gods. These dark fellows may not venerate the strange half-creatures but do use them for their purposes, teaching them the faith in the Old Gods in all it's wicked and bloody fashions. At times they even lead the Pigmen into battle, though to them they are hardly more than fodder and shock troops.

In this fight, the swift knife trimuphs them all. deathfun seems to be there when troats need to be slit.

The spoils of this victory are cultists' camp which is promtly searched:

The reward for their search is a map of this entire area of the Warrens, including routes on which the Pigmen and Cultists patrols, the locations of traps and obstacles.

At the edge of Cultists' camp is weird contraption. Looking like a tanning rack it seems harmless until further inspection which reveals it be a marker of the Old Faith - complete with mind-bending symbols straight for the Abyss.

Daring deathfun takes a look many and let's the madness of this sight into his soul.... which is bound to have consequences.

The Map, taken for the Cultist's camp, shows a "Market" beyond the next door. Curious as to what the marker meant, our Heroes proceed and stumble across another party of Brigants, lead by a massive brute.

Before the Brigant Fussilier can scramble for cover, the deathfun dispatches the gunman with headshot from his flintlock.

But deathfun is not the only one with a pistol in this fight, the brute pulls his gun. His weapon might be crude and not very well maintained but TrashMan's armour is no match for bullet.

The gunshot is nearly deadly, pushing the Crusader to the brink...

... but it is the blessing of the God that keep is injuries from becoming fatal.

At any given time the miraculous rescue from the Death by the end of a deity might be comforting, but right now struggling against the Brigands this straining everyone’s nerves.

deathfun is the first to crack under the pressure and his responses become slightly removed from reality.

Despite the effect this battle has on everyone's psyche, it ends like all others:

First, Scourge's poisons claim a Brigand. Then the Brute is struck down by StarSlayer's sword.

After this fight, the Party tend their wounds and stills their hunger. Depleting half of the provisions in the process.

Backtracking through the Warrens, the Darkness closes in grasps for another soul....

But TrashMan, assured that the God is watching and blessing him on this quest, only becomes more focussed as the Darkness become more oppressive.

(I usually don't mention the disarming or triggering of traps, because the first is rather boring and the latter regularly happens to fast for me to capture. But still this happens:)

After having tracked through a full half of this region of Warrens our Heroes arrive at the first new sight in a while. But it is a sight them might not wish to have seen: the chamber that lies before them is a storehouse for meat which doubles as a crude butcher’s workshop as it seems. While much of the meat can no longer be identified, much of the bones scattered around the room are human....

Once more a groupd of Cultists is encountered...

... and once more the servants of the Old Gods are quickly dispatched.

Another crude barrier blocks progress and once more our Heroes long for a shovel.

Books in the hands of the Pigmen are not a rare sight, but that they are well preserved and the writing is legible is a rare occurrence which makes Scourge of Ages curious.

Too bad that these books were not written with the soft-hearted in mind, their contents are not for those of sensitive tastes and sensible minds.

But when a soul is shaken, it might just reveal it's sturdy construction.

The room ahead appears to have served the Acolytes of the Old Gods as a shrine but no one is to be found there.

Once more that "packrat-culture" of Pigmen gives our Heroes able opportunity to loot:

While their shrine was deserted, the Cultists are still roaming the paths through the Warrens...

... but killing dark Cultists is the bread and butter of the Party.

The final marker on the Cultist's map, looted earlier, reveals the room ahead to be the domain of "Devourers". The meaning of the cipher reveals itself to our Heroes (if they didn't guess already) as they enter: In this room the Pigmen have housed their pets - Carrion Eaters, giant worms which feast on rooting flesh that even the Pigmen will no longer eat.

The worm's bite is dangerous, not only are their mouths filled with toxins, rot and disease, but their teeth easily pierce plate armour.

To StarSlayer the Carrion Eaters apparently hold a deeper horror than to anyone else.

TrashMan lances the Pigman Herder in daring move.

With their master gone the Carrion Eaters are reduced to easy prey for our Heroes.

As the victorious Party goes through the contents of the room, they discover a heathen altar and a strange trinket.

The trinket, unlike many of it's kind that can be found anywhere in the Realms of Man, is useful without restriction.

And as he approaches the Altar, StarSlayer is infused with great power from an unknown source - which at this point is useless.

Victory!

The only Hero that gained Quirks from this Quest is StarSlayer, who shows to be more resistant to Disease due to his Leprosy and to have some rather strange romantic attractions which even the Brothel in the Hamlet cannot satisfy.

The Hamlet in Week 5

What happened during the quest in Hamlet?

- As result of his Stress-relief, FireSpawn's character contracted an STD (Accuracy, HP and Damage down). Despite this his stress level is down 32 of 100.
- Patriot's stress-level dropped to 38/100 and his affliction is now cured.
- Lorric's stress-level is now 31/100 but he developed the God Fearing-Qurik, which limits is his future stress-relief options to Prayer and Flagellation.
- Lepanto was able to shake her Paranoia, reducing her stress-level to 34/100. But her chosen method for the last stress-relief (Meditation) obviously will not serve her any longer.

At the Coach Station, two new Heroes await:

Dekker, trained and studied Medicus and Alchemist.

And a strange foreigner who travels with more books than the average libary in the Realms can call its own.

With 5 negative quirks, StarSlayer's character wins the Madness Award for this week...

... as price he is confined to the Sanatorium to cure his Zoophobia.

The Heroes decide to spend their collected Heirlooms to updrage the Tavern and Abbey, ensuring that the costs in either institution of the Hamlet go down.
Meanwhile Scourge of Ages and TrashMan retire to the Abbey to recupperate from the strain of the last quest and to dwell on their recent experiences.

deathfun just goes to buy himself a fleet of drinks at the Tavern.

The recently looted Trinket goes to Lepanto, considering she might get the best use out of Dodge bonus.

Parting shot:

Again we have 4 questing opportunities ahead of us:
A:

B:

C:

D:

Despite our depleted gold I would encourage to go Quest Option B. The Ruins are familiar enough to me to make it with as little supplies as possible on a Medium-length quest. That should give us a good return in Gold and Heirlooms as well as bring us closer to a stab at the Necromancer boss.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:13:18 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'm not a deviant! You're just prudes!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Lorric

Well that certainly looked like EASILY the smoothest foray yet. Cut through that pack of vermin like a hot knife through butter. I read the whole thing of course, but if you just skim down the page quickly looking at the pictures as they go by, so many of them are the swords of Starslayer and Trashman smiting things. With the Crusader's position being the sword up and the Leper's position being the sword down, it looks a lot like the motion of swords rising and falling when you scroll through the pictures like that. :pimp:

These pigmen... can we eat them? Large quantities of roast pork would make for a splendid victory feast! :D

With Lepanto, the Heroes only dedicated hero, currently resting for the her last forray in the Weald.
What? The rest of us aren't dedicated heroes, only Lepanto??? :hopping:

Heh. I think you meant "healer". :)

As for the vote, I'll go for A. That line about unholy abominations turning the light against itself. A warrior of the light such as Lorric cannot ignore such blasphemous and perverted actions.

And that just leaves one little thing...

Scourge's Log, Week... 5, is it now?

Since Lorric and Lepanto were still recovering, it fell to Deathfun and I to shepherd Trashman and Starslayer into the Warrens. None of us had been there before, but the story we heard meant we had no choice but to enter. That poor guy was severely abused, physically and mentally. I think we all felt the rage at whoever or whatever could do that to a person. In a way, it's a mercy that the survivor succumbed to his wounds...

So we set off. Surprisingly, the first residents of the Warrens were not Pigmen, as we had expected, but bandits. We'd soon also encounter our old friends, the cultists as well. No matter, we had the righteous fire of faith and anger behind us, and we tore through all of them. I mixed up an "extra special" batch of poisons and things. They did seem to work... well.

At one point, Trashman took a nearly fatal wound, but crawled back from the brink of death by faith alone. That's certainly an useful ability. When we stopped for provisions, he was able to use some of my bandages, and the food itself had an almost magical effect on his health. Even though Deathfun and Starslayer both started to waver and make... odd decisions... they were able to keep it together enough, and Trashman actually seemed to grow stronger when we were confronted with the horrors of the Warrens.

Log, let me be honest with you for a minute. I almost lost control down there.

We stumbled into another disgusting, filthy, stinky room. But when we adjusted to the light, and got a decent look around, we saw human body parts strewn around. Not just body parts either, the way it was cut, you knew it was meat. Human meat. They're cannibals. I don't like cannibals. If it weren't for my mask filtering out most of the stench, I don't know if I'd have been able to keep from retching. And in the next room, we found a certain item; a ledger. Seems some of the pigs can write. The book confirmed everything I feared. I felt that I couldn't tell the party though, to save them from the horrors in those pages. I poured some reagent on the book, and melted it away. Those secrets will haunt me for a long time, but fortunately, only me.

So I got mad. Angry. Really angry. And when I'm angry, I'm powerful.

Needless to say, we left none alive in those filthy tunnels.

Scourge's Log, Week 5, Part 2:

Finally got the stench out of my clothes, and went to meet some of the new arrivals. Guess what!? A fellow plague doctor came to town! She introduced herself as Dekker, and we started chatting about plague stuff and doctor things. I didn't press to hard on her history, but it's nice to have a fellow professional about.

As I headed here to the Abbey to think and write, I passed our other new comrade. He's a scholar of some sort. He had few words, and didn't share his name, but seemed nice enough. His cart full of books caught my eye, though. I wonder if there's anything good in there I might be able to borrow sometime? I have time enough later to ask.

For our weekly vote of the next excursion, I cast mine for Option B, cleansing the ruins. I won't be going on this one, which is good because I don't like the ruins particularly, and I'd like to save the Warrens for later.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:26:46 pm by Scourge of Ages »