Author Topic: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER  (Read 45462 times)

Re: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER
It didn't seem like there was all that much we could do.  My understanding is that participants would get PM'd w/ keys that we then had to do something with.  If we never get said PMs, there's not much we can do but babble on teh forums.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

I think the point was to send a PM to either of the two NPCs first. I have just done so.

The game's just in a bit of a lull right now. It'll pick up when truth and GH distribute the next sets of keys, I'm sure.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

We're now looking for analysts! To sign up as an analyst, just signal your interest here. We'll equip you with a trust key to set up a relay. You don't need to get involved in any cloak-and-dagger.

Analysts with live relays will generate points. We want to empower you to get the information you want. Points can be invested in one of four task forces. Each task force yields information on a separate topic. In addition, analysts who perform work on your community's wiki - a vital resource for intelligence - can multiply their point yields by reporting that work to us.

How would the community like to invest points at the end of each analysis cycle? Do you prefer a group vote on where to send the whole pot, or individual choice?

Hello, I'd like to be an analyst!
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

You're currently on a watchlist, so please be aware that any attempts to subvert your relay will be detected.

wait why don't you just screen everyone like that if it's so easy

****, why don't we screen everyone like that. truth, i want answers!

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Could I be an analyst? Nobody trusts me... Must be the name. And I'm not even Betrayal.

Congratulations to our first two analysts. Your relays are online.

We need to make a determination about work assignments as a community.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Count me in. Order over chaos, even if I can truly trust neither side.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Sure I'd like to be an analyst. This seems like a pretty cool ARG thing and I've done ARG things before (ask me about #sol!) so why not.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If being an analyst is sufficiently low-risk, I'd like to sign up as one of those.

Sounds like it'd be interesting. If you've got room for another analyst, count me in.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Damn I'm always late to things :lol:. But nah, if there's a space GH, would be happy to help if I can be of any.

Thank you for trusting us. :yes:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

I'm interested as well.  I'm fairly critical of both sides as they have presented themselves earlier on, but this seems straightforward enough.  I'll play ball as long as it makes sense to do so.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

All applicants so far have been issued a trust key. Five relays are now online. Thank you deeply to

Phantom_Hoover   1
The Dagger   1
Lepanto      1
JSRNerdo   1
Scotty      1

We appreciate this support in locating Truth, and hope we can reward it in kind. Would the community prefer to allocate relays to task groups by vote, or individual choice?

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I say vote. That way I'm not responsible for the end result. :nervous:

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
I'd prefer individual choice, but if there's any un-resolvable conflict between people over their choice of tasks, then it should go to a vote. If we're all in this together, let's make sure people can do the tasks they want, eh?

Also, do you know if our mutual friend Truth has any operational relays of their own this time (if you're at liberty to disclose that information?)
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Given the current open anyone can join in and do a thing nature that this appears to be, I think individual choice would be better.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.