Author Topic: Have you ever wondered, what the GTVA thinks of Alpha 1?  (Read 12163 times)

Re: Have you ever wondered, what the GTVA thinks of Alpha 1?
The GTVA actually really hates Alpha 1's guts. If his performance is anything less than stellar, he will get court martialed. Failing that, they assign him to progressively more insane sorties until he finally dies by the end of FS2.

Kinda makes me wonder what if someone did a multibranching campaign where there was 2-3 outcomes based on how well you do on each mission.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Kinda makes me wonder what if someone did a multibranching campaign where there was 2-3 outcomes based on how well you do on each mission.

Final Destination is such a campaign, currently its planned to have 3 branches, but more could be added later on, near the end.

BTW, its coming out soon...only a few months / years / centuries remaining till that  :p
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Exactly. I would be curious to see what a no-wave FS1 & FS2 campaign would look like

By no-wave you mean only 1 wave with reasonable numbers or every single ship warping in simultaneously?
I recently started replaying ST:R and noticed just how ****ing many Shivans you have to kill. In "He Who Rides the Tiger" I ended up with 41 kills due to near-infinitely respawning waves of Manticores and Basilisks(and 3-4 wings of Dragons too  :shaking:). I didn't even kill them all, I warped out as soon as the Ratna did. If I had to guess I'd say there were at least 80 Shivan craft in that mission, depending on how fast you kill them(since they respawn after a whole wing dies). If they all launched or jumped in simultaneously it would be completely impossible.

If done well, a no-wave campaign would be a lot less frustrating than waves gone wrong. Seriously, killing opponents faster should be rewarded with some safetey, not more respawns that get progressively harder to deal with as you start running low on shields, weapon energy, and dumbfires. If you just had everything that could ever jump in as a wave jump in instantly it would be impossible and probably break the engine or something.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

If done well, a no-wave campaign would be a lot less frustrating than waves gone wrong. Seriously, killing opponents faster should be rewarded with some safetey, not more respawns that get progressively harder to deal with as you start running low on shields, weapon energy, and dumbfires.

Don't forget running low on your wingmen as well.  They are useful distractions on lower difficulties, and I've heard on higher difficulties they also do manage to assist you a good deal.