Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 189805 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] SHATTERED STARS ACT 0 (DEMO)
thats nice idea you wont be playing alonecas one race do as shivans humans and volution
yeach i like that
You are welcome. Prior to what Shattered Stars is, there are two previous mods that allow playing as Shivans: Trimurti and Tides of Darkness. It may feature introns, and player will be augmented or weakened by introns.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
I am really excited to be playing as Volition in the mod for Shattered Stars Act 0 Demo: the mod for Freespace 2
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I am really excited to be playing as Volition in the mod for Shattered Stars Act 0 Demo: the mod for Freespace 2

Which is an epilogue to fs2 and blue planet and may have introns that help or weaken the player.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I’ve been ghosting this thread for some time and I must say I’m excited to give Shattered Stars a whirl.  I especially like what you did to the Incubus fighter; for years I couldn’t do a decent job on making it look decent, but all you had to do is to stretch it a little bit for it to make the Eblis look flawless.  Great work.  Kudos.

R

I noticed that your using the SD Iblis, but the model seems to miss some textures...
Unless your going to replace it with a different ship class, I can give you a resmoothed version of that ship.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
I’ve been ghosting this thread for some time and I must say I’m excited to give Shattered Stars a whirl.  I especially like what you did to the Incubus fighter; for years I couldn’t do a decent job on making it look decent, but all you had to do is to stretch it a little bit for it to make the Eblis look flawless.  Great work.  Kudos.

R
You are welcome :)

But you are mistaken that the fighter is not the Incubus. The Eblis from Earth Defence. The Incubus is a special case ship.

I noticed that your using the SD Iblis, but the model seems to miss some textures...
Unless your going to replace it with a different ship class, I can give you a resmoothed version of that ship.
Maybe I replace it with the existing destroyer class, perhaps from FS1, because of the time constraints involved in getting the mod/demo released this December (which is two months away). The SD Iblis will be reserved for Act 1 and beyond. It will be upgraded to hi-poly, UV-mapped and PBR-enabled.

What of the SD Yama? Also may appear in Act 1.

BTW, the modelling of the Battura ships from Star Luster and Star Ixiom have begun. FREDDing has now accelerated.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

The Yama is an awesome looking ship, but it's actually part of INF private assets. The Kismat (don't know if you use it already) is quite similar looking. In case you want to replace it later once the Yama is available, you could use it as template. I think there's a decent number of hi-poly Shivan destroyers available now (compare with the situation a year ago), you don't need to spam different classes of shivan destroyers (there're only 3 in canon if you include the Lucifer). Or does the mod play at several differnt time points?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
What of the SD Yama? Also may appear in Act 1.

Those sentences on first glance do not make sense.  I’ve noticed that you use the preposition of incorrectly quite often in contexts as above.  I believe you want to use about.  Then again such usage may be standard in your part of the world; I and most people here don’t speak Straights English.  Also didn’t your government do this within the past 20 years?

The Yama is an Inferno exclusive right now.  You will gain access to it along with the rest of the Community when it’s released.

R

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
The Yama is an awesome looking ship, but it's actually part of INF private assets. The Kismat (don't know if you use it already) is quite similar looking. In case you want to replace it later once the Yama is available, you could use it as template. I think there's a decent number of hi-poly Shivan destroyers available now (compare with the situation a year ago), you don't need to spam different classes of shivan destroyers (there're only 3 in canon if you include the Lucifer). Or does the mod play at several differnt time points?
In Blue Planet, there are at least two types of Shivan destroyers: line destroyers and strike destroyers. The Demon and Ravana are classified as line and strike destroyer. In this mod, there are many types of destroyers, like multi-purpose destroyers, missile destroyers, fighterbay-less destroyers, heavy destroyers and so much more.

The Kismat I used is probably a line/strike destroyer hybrid, so I do not plan on replacing it (though I plan to hi-poly remake it) nor using it as a template. As Rampage said, the Yama is an Inferno exclusive, and thus is currently part of INF private assets. I think it comes down to tech room descriptions.

The mod plays at several different time points, since it is set about 3,000 years from now because it's in our future. It may overlap with or set after the 2018 Mortal Engines film adaptation of the 2001 novel of the same name by Philip Reeve and any sequels.

EDIT: Let me remind you that Shattered Stars is a logical epilogue to the FreeSpace saga following Blue Planet. It's about the Shivans, and they have been driven by revenge after being banished from the Great Council formed by Brahma in the First Time by Vishnu and the Vishnans from Blue Planet. They encounter living weapons of destruction and at least two new alien species, all of which appear to be one of the caretakers of the Vishnans and the Brahman civilization. They wage war against each other, and the new Great War begins.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:51:51 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

yeach the destoryers are strong
as long time ago

A three Shivan fighter beams trying to take out the enemy fighter. Did you notice there's a UIMS Faker fighter from Galaxian 3 and Star Ixiom? I guess the Shivans are fighting the UIMS after all.

i may be working off outdated documents from the bryan see combined canon here, but i thought the UIMS and shivans were both united under the leadership of hester shaw (after they destroyed the earth along with the cylons)
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
A three Shivan fighter beams trying to take out the enemy fighter. Did you notice there's a UIMS Faker fighter from Galaxian 3 and Star Ixiom? I guess the Shivans are fighting the UIMS after all.

i may be working off outdated documents from the bryan see combined canon here, but i thought the UIMS and shivans were both united under the leadership of hester shaw (after they destroyed the earth along with the cylons)
Not in the Shattered Stars continuity, at the least. Blue Planet hinted there's more than one universe in a huge multiverse. Shattered Stars takes advantage of it. But the alliance may eventually be hinted.

In the Hellcat Squadran Inferno Regime-verse or some parody project I can think of, Phantom Hoover is right: the UIMS and Shivans are united under the leadership of Hester Shaw (after they destroyed the earth along with the Cylons).

yeach the destoryers are strong
as long time ago
@Woutersmits, though I understand what you are saying, those sentences on first glance do not make sense. Please improve your English.

Anyway, I've found the Galaxian 3 model dump link from the Dragon's Lair Fans forum made by a user called "zxthehedgehog." I headed to that link and downloaded the pack. Then, I extracted them and I am amazed. I then began my conversion process to make them playable in FSOpen. One of the models converted is the Flatter.

So many to go, as the Faker and its derivatives, Twinhook A type and Faker Adv (Advanced Faker/Twinhook C type), the Talken, the Scutter, Blue Fly, Hover (or Sandworm), and Violet Bee are found in that pack. Obviously, they need HTL/Hi-poly makeovers just like what I did to the Twinhooks.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Based on previous evidenced behaviour, I need to ask........do you have his permission to use those models in this way?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Based on previous evidenced behaviour, I need to ask........do you have his permission to use those models in this way?
I was never registered on that forum, in this case, Dragon's Lair Fans, but I'll try to get in contact with the user.

Anyway, I plan to upgrade them into hi-poly versions.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

honestly who cares, so long as he credits them
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

but the blue planet destoryers are stronger then fs2 destoryers
they have in front two beams
massive beams i mean
so if rhey atteck thay destory it quick
even on  acident war timezone
there are war is even never ended the shivans fall but they strike back theres no way to end it only on incursion at the end thay asked for peace
it never happend before do it ends
but then shivans attecked from knosses so they strike agein
so it ends
to be continued i think

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain

Right and wrong is right and wrong.   No excuses in my mind.  If there's a read me included giving permission, then fine.   But we don't need any controversy here.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

Right and wrong is right and wrong.   No excuses in my mind.  If there's a read me included giving permission, then fine.   But we don't need any controversy here.
Fine with me. Right now, FREDding on Mission #2 is proceeding smoothly as the mission is being fleshed out.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I don't think it's 'wrong' in the slightest to reuse a model someone else made, even without explicit permission, when nobody involved is making any money and you credit them for their work. It's not like Diaspora or FOTG asked or received the BSG or Star Wars rights holders for permission to use their designs; and it's not like HLP recognised IPAndrews' 'right' to exclude everyone else from enjoying his work out of spite. Bryan deserves the same freedom.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You might not think it's wrong but a lot of modders would. In the case of IP Andrews we made a specific exception because that work had been previously released and he was trying to retroactively withdraw permission. I had a copy of Babylon History X at one point but I've never thought of releasing it, with or without credit.

As for using BSG designs in Diaspora, yeah, it's not exactly legally right but I think there is a difference between that and using the actual models from BSG to make a game without permission. Diaspora wouldn't have done that even if we actually had the models from the show. We'd have made our own versions instead.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]