Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 189796 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] SHATTERED STARS ACT 0 (DEMO)
He said that the Inferno team welcomes only third-party modifications, and that he said I did not have permissions to use any of the Inferno assets in my works.
where's the demo
Demo's in development. It's being retooled.
bryan on behalf of the mortal engines wiki admins can you please stop editing your fanfic into articles. the wiki is for the mortal engines books as written by philip reeve, not the Bryan See Literary Universe
I know, but this do not belong here, Phantom Hoover. Take it to the Arts and Talents, where you can discuss this.
EDIT:
Well, Rampage said:
By the way, Inferno Nostos is out and I plan to work on a mod that crosses over to this ME universe but it's discussed elsewhere, not on this thread.

The Inferno Team promotes the usage of our assets in third party modifications.  However you do not have permission to use any of Inferno’s assets in any future works created by you in perpetuity.

I don't know what exactly caused him to write that, but to me it looks like you have to find some new models. Unless you want to ignore what he said intentional. Of course you can PM him too if you want, but it probably won't end well.
I wrote this because I am admired by Hester Shaw, arguably one of the most favorite characters from the Mortal Engines Quartet, whose setting is being used by the demo right now to set thousands of years after Blue Planet in FS2's timeline. As you know, Hester is more important than the trawling cities, and I wanted to see her in the FS universe through Inferno, and possibly others.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:27:44 pm by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

He said that the Inferno team welcomes only third-party modifications

Your work counts as a third-party modification.

and that he said I did not have permissions to use any of the Inferno assets in my works.

Rampage has no right to do this. He didn't make most of the models in Inferno, and he has shown no evidence that the rest of the Inferno team gave him authority to speak for them in order to bully you. Enioch was wrong; you have every right to use Inferno models (except ones that Rampage personally made himself).
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Rampage made several of the INFs models, but there're others (Woomeister, Nyctaeus, Dagger, and a lot of others). I was told that he made MANY of them, but not all of them.
He's one of the longest standing team members (probably 2nd longest after The Master himself). While he has obviously the authority to speak on behalf of the team (and do something like that), he's not the modleader and he did not explicitly mention anybody else who worked on INFs assets. You could ask the individual authors (it's ultimatly their work).

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Rampage made several of the INFs models, but there're others (Woomeister, Nyctaeus, Dagger, and a lot of others). I was told that he made MANY of them, but not all of them.
He's one of the longest standing team members (probably 2nd longest after The Master himself). While he has obviously the authority to speak on behalf of the team (and do something like that), he's not the modleader and he did not explicitly mention anybody else who worked on INFs assets. You could ask the individual authors (it's ultimatly their work).
By PM, to start with.

In the past, Nyctaeus has released Shivan models, the Scylla, the Bhaal and the Raguel, which I started it and subsequently added a shield mesh. The Raguel is therefore technically started by me and should be added.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Everything you made yourself is fair. :)

Also, no word has been given whether "INFs assets" includes the effect (you seem to use that Shivan Flak explosion), I think they were made by Jessnec (alteast some).

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Everything you made yourself is fair. :)

Also, no word has been given whether "INFs assets" includes the effect (you seem to use that Shivan Flak explosion), I think they were made by Jessnec (alteast some).
Yeah. I'd like that way. My Raguel will be included.

I must assume the INF assets use effects (including Exp03 and the Shivan Flak explosion) made by Jessnec, and one of the team members say that I can't use them without any prior permission.

EDIT: I've PM'ed one of the authors involved in INF to request permission to use the assets in my mod.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:36:11 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Well, what I meant was that the INF team doesn't "own" them. The discussion was mostly about ships, though assets tends to include effects, so I just wanted to bring up that point.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Well, what I meant was that the INF team doesn't "own" them. The discussion was mostly about ships, though assets tends to include effects, so I just wanted to bring up that point.
I've already PM'ed one of them, where assets include effects, HUD, and so on.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I’ve been ghosting this thread for some days now and it’s time to put to rest all the speculation regarding Inferno assets.  And regarding me.

First off, everybody has permission to use Inferno assets once released in whatever fashion they see fit.  This hasn’t changed since my last post regarding Bryan See, where I made the ban exclusive to Bryan himself as a reaction to his posts on the general boards and on JAD’s board.  At that time I interpreted his actions as trolling, and I do not wish for a troll to use Inferno’s assets, especially those made or upgraded by me (which to date is most models in the project).

Since then having spoken to Bryan and other members, I’ve come to realize that Bryan is not a troll.  He is Bryan See, and in his own way he brings uniqueness to our community.  I and many people at HLP do not necessarily agree with his eclectic tastes or his methods to get attention here (which IMHO is a function of who he is and is thus not done malignantly), but I’m sure there are those who will say the same about me or any one of you here.

In short, the Inferno Team wants to foster creativity and grow the HLP community, and we thus have no right to prevent others from using our assets to further that goal.  As thus, everyone including Bryan See can use our stuff; just give credit where it’s due.  Happy modding.

R

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I love this community.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm privvy to the uniqueness of BS (lol).   And I think that in the long run this campaign will entrench in development hell.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Don't they all, though? At least most of us attempt to rise above the level of vandalism when we write our fanfic.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

There's some difference between writing a fanfic and FREDing a campaign that would be with all side-arcs 100+ missions long. ;)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Just so we’re on the same page, can you itemize all the Inferno ships you’re planning to use for your project?  Please list all the ships here, and if possible please provide a screenshot of the ship in use.

R

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
@Rampage, as you wish. Sorry for being late, though.

Here are the INF Shivan ships you asked:

FS2 ships:
SF Dragon
SF Mara
SF Basilisk
SF Aeshma
SF Manticore
SF Astaroth
SB Nephilim
SB Taurvi
SB Nahema
SB Seraphim
SFr Asmodeus
SFr Dis
ST Azrael
SG Rahu
SC Lilith
SC Rakshasa
SCv Moloch
SD Ravana
SD Lucifer (as SSD Lucifer)
SJ Sathanas
Shivan Comm Node

INF ships:
SF Scorpion (from FSPort)
SF Hydra

SF Succubus (download link available, released long before INF:N release)

SF Ashtur

SF Ifrit (from Earth Defense)

SF Serpent (download link available, released long before INF:N release)

SF Gorgon* (two different versions, INF and FSPort)
SF Harpy*

SF Danta

SF Mantis (download link available, 2011)

SF Naga (originally third-party)

SF Incubus (download link available, 2011)

SF Chimera

SB Shaitan (from FSPort)
SB Kahlan (HTL version from Earth Defense)

SB Durja (download link available, released long before INF:N release)

SB Andra

SB Yali (download link available, 2011)

SC Lamia (third-party, download link available released long before INF:N release)

SC Gania

SCv Armaros* (from ED, released a year before INF:N release)
SCv Scylla (third-party, released 2014, four years before INF:N release)

SD Kismat*

SSD Vidyadhar

SI Arachnas*

* I intend to make a UV'd, hi-poly, PBR version

There are some I wanted to give them a full hi-poly, UV-mapped, PBR, and height-mapped versions.

What about the SB Ojas, SB Vindhyachal, SFg Damini, SCa Shiamak, SJ Amritaya (included in the 2011 INF model dump, now being re-worked), SPD Vinaashak, SI Hara, Shivan JumpGate? These are the models I'm planning to give 'em a HTL makeover in my mod.

BTW, the Act 0 consists of 5-6 missions.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
So all of them? I think that's all of them.

Just because INF uses tons of small Shivan ships it doesn't mean that every fleet has to do it that way...

@Galemp: I think the super-bombers are still missing.

What about the SB Ojas, SB Vindhyachal, SFg Damini, SCa Shiamak, SJ Amritaya (included in the 2011 INF model dump, now being re-worked), SPD Vinaashak, SI Hara, Shivan JumpGate? These are the models I'm planning to give 'em a HTL makeover in my mod.

There's already a HTL SB Vindhyachal, and also some sort of Shiamak-with-more-polies (called Nihlathak).

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

There's already a HTL SB Vindhyachal, and also some sort of Shiamak-with-more-polies (called Nihlathak).
Where can I get 'em for my mod?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Vindhyachal is from Scroll of Atankharzim, Nihlathak is available here: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94364.0

or if you don't want to DL the whole thing (it's actually a rather-poly model by modern standards, but in case you want to use this instead or just want inspiration for a HTL Shiamak):

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]