Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 189825 times)

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: [WIP] SHATTERED STARS ACT 0 (DEMO)
I second that karajorma. With Fate of the Galaxy we are making everything, too, even though there are many commercial models available from modern Star Wars games. Copying models is not something our team is okay with, and as such we have even created our own music (thanks swashmebuckle!) instead of using the soundtracks that are easy to get.

i hope its done also
star wars mod

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Originally, the demo is to use Unicode mode, the first standalone mod to use that feature when it was implemented last year. However, the problems with the engine's Unicode Mode are well-known, with the TrueType fonts appearing in only the debug builds, but not the release ones. For this, I've reverted to bitmap fonts for the moment until the issue was resolved.

Still, FREDding is progressing.

I second that karajorma. With Fate of the Galaxy we are making everything, too, even though there are many commercial models available from modern Star Wars games. Copying models is not something our team is okay with, and as such we have even created our own music (thanks swashmebuckle!) instead of using the soundtracks that are easy to get.

I think the game's storyline and backstory must have something to do with it.

i hope its done also
star wars mod

Before December.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
i hope its done also
star wars mod

Before December.
[/quote]

Do you mean you hope it's done before December?

I think woutersmits was simply talking about FotG...

yes its still wip for over 16 years mayby longer its longest keeping alive wip ever done
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:01:20 am by woutersmits »

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
i hope its done also
star wars mod

Before December.

Do you mean you hope it's done before December?
[/quote]
End of November. For FREDding. The days before the release date consists of testing.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

bryan is the release date being adjusted to account for the mortal engines premiere being moved to the 8th of december?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
bryan is the release date being adjusted to account for the mortal engines premiere being moved to the 8th of december?
Yes. It is being adjusted. Check it out on ModDB and the Wiki. As I said, this project/mod serves only as a stealth sequel to the film just in case said sequels don't wind up happening, given that its setting is the same.

As I said, it is only a demo consisting of 13 missions with campaign branching. It will be followed by the full release, called Act 1.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

13 missions for the Demo? Didn't you said you wanted to do 7? You said you only worked on 2 or 3 missions so far, while about half of the time between announcement and your envisioned release date has passed.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
13 missions for the Demo? Didn't you said you wanted to do 7? You said you only worked on 2 or 3 missions so far, while about half of the time between announcement and your envisioned release date has passed.
13 missions could be as a result of campaign branching, from Mission 1. So a playthrough will last through 7 missions. 2 or 3 missions might end up here. The envisioned release date hasn't passed yet.

BTW, someone never attempted to do campaign branching in most Freespace campaigns before.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The retail campaign had mission branching in the form of SOC loops.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Scroll has branching missions! Lots of them!

@Dekker: Those were more like interlude missions with side-stories, you could skip or play them - full branching is like:

/=====\
====             ======
         \=====/

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
BTW, someone never attempted to do campaign branching in most Freespace campaigns before.

Probably because campaign branching makes things really complicated and it's usually pointless?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Probably because campaign branching makes things really complicated and it's usually pointless?

I think it's because it doubles the workload. Many campaigns beyond 20 missions failed as it takes a lot of time to make high-quality content, branching multiplies  this for in most cases rather little gain.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

I think it's because it doubles the workload. Many campaigns beyond 20 missions failed as it takes a lot of time to make high-quality content, branching multiplies  this for in most cases rather little gain.
Okay, I think I stick to 7 missions, but with campaign branching.

I am aware that many campaigns beyond 20 missions failed as it takes a lot of time to make high-quality content, branching multiplies. Not to mention I have many models to rework, including my recently-converted Sariel battleship/dreadnought and many more.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm sure I voice acted a campaign with a branching path.  It involved a mini carrier and a wing of fighters hurled through an unknown node or similar plot.

Multiple endings yo.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I'm sure I voice acted a campaign with a branching path.  It involved a mini carrier and a wing of fighters hurled through an unknown node or similar plot.

Multiple endings yo.

Scroll? Or do you mean Uncharted Territory?

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well in the end there are several branching campaigns for Freespace.

In Pandora's Box there were three mission trees that were reachable by an SOC choice during the campaign.

The never finished Unholy Alliance had a very complex mission tree that was only reachable through mission objectives. AFAIK it is the longest campaign in Freespace with a mission tree as it has already 40+ missions in its unfinished state.

Campaigns like Crucible were also a branching ones, but only used a sequential campaign for that. It did not have a mission tree, but used countless of events that refers to events in the previous missions which actually change the whole story and missions in the later campaign.

Actually i think that this kind of branching is much better instead to create a ton of unique missions most of the players will never play.

FreeSpace: The Great War was also a branching campaign in the same way, because events in one mission had sometimes it's effect in the next mission. If the Mecross goes down in Exodus, it can not help you at the defense of the Hope... and if you lose the Hope the Pinnacle will be present in the next mission. Actually i am curious about how many players have continued the campaign after the Hope was destroyed in "Last Hope".

Actually i am not sure if FreeSpace 2 have any other branching events except "How many beams have the Sathanas in 'High Noon'?"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 06:59:45 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
FreeSpace: The Great War was also a branching campaign in the same way, because events in one mission had sometimes it's effect in the next mission. If the Mecross goes down in Exodus, it can not help you at the defense of the Hope... and if you lose the Hope the Pinnacle will be present in the next mission. Actually i am curious about how many players have continued the campaign after the Hope was destroyed in "Last Hope".

Actually i am not sure if FreeSpace 2 have any other branching events except "How many beams have the Sathanas in 'High Noon'?"

That's not really "branching" so much as past events affecting future missions, though.  A true "branch" would be a completely-separate path of missions.