Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1 & 2  (Read 106069 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Re: Re: Reviews and Feedback thread Episode 1 & 2
Clicking debug will make the game try to open up the debugger in Visual Studio, so that's not something a normal player should do. Just click continue to get past the warnings. They are generally harmless. (Also once everything is working, be sure to go back to release builds!)

As for the issue that Jellyfish mentioned, I don't know if that issue is directly related or not. That sounded like a keybind/stuck joystick button issue.

Also if you're playing in Knossos, all the WoD data files are completely separated from everyone else. So you can put that table file in something like wod2.whatever/data/tables and it won't affect other mods. If you're not, WoD is recommended to be played completely standalone without being put in your main FS folder.

Concerning Knossos and the WOD data files, that's good to know. I'll experiment with this soon enough. Goddamn, but Knossos is a godsend.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1 & 2
Just tried to play WoD after putting the Fonts.tbl file in my wod-2.12 folder. Now I can click on the animated doors/consoles and see what they are, but the text for the pilot menu, and speech text between characters, and the text in the database are still missing.

Here's the debug log: https://fsnebula.org/log/5ea13515cb0d3321b1c98634
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast