Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1 & 2  (Read 106053 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1 & 2
I look forward to downloading this and playing through both episodes.   It's not a stealth sequel to anything is it?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

DLing. How should the mod.ini look like?

Mod.ini is included... as long as you don't use the Knossos links to download the campaign.

Don't use Knossos, Ubuntu 16.04 here

Than everything should be fine. I just meant using the Knossos links for downloading without the launcher.

Offline Axem

We're going to have Linux builds up on Knossos today. We had it ready but because of other technical issues, they didn't make it on there.

Offline Axem

Re: Re: Reviews and Feedback thread Episode 1 & 2
May have come across a bug in "Shopping" I failed the red comet race even after beating the time of 2:45.

That minigame!

There's been so many fixes and stuff for the race, but I thought I got it. I even specifically ran the race just before release to make sure it was still working (which it was!!). Just a few questions about it, what difficulty were you running and was this your first or second (or third) try? And what was your final time?

I used the DL links there, no mod.ini included, sorry for confusing. Linux builds downloaded from the release post

Offline Axem

You can use this one I guess. There's not much to it since its a completely standalone game. (I would really not recommend running it as a mod to FreeSpace!)

https://pastebin.com/BVKj8G23

Offline CKid

Re: Re: Reviews and Feedback thread Episode 1 & 2
Medium difficulty, my second attempt. 2:35:50
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Axem

Bleh, its probably not seeing the second attempt right. :hopping:

If you run it good the first time it should be fine. Well, something to patch for later I guess.

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Downloaded through Knossos and standalone but not getting text in either. Any ideas on how to fix?

Edit by text I mean no text on profile select, no text from tech database and nothing in mission
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:15:02 pm by Gray113 »

Offline Axem

What video card do you have? I did hear of some problems with TTF fonts and certain video card models before.

Offline Gray113

Im running an AMD A10 - 7300 processor with Radeon R6. In the launcher all high memory features are set to off. Im not expecting to be able to get it running tbh, just thought I would give it a try.

Offline Axem

Yeah, I'm sorry to report that the engine is having problems with low end AMD GPUs when using TTF fonts in mods (like WoD). It's especially troublesome because anyone who could fix it doesn't have a card like that to debug it for themselves. :(

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I really enjoyed playtesting for this project. The additions and modification to episode 1 are very welcome, and episode 2 kept me hooked from start to finish. I've already played the campaign four times, and I can definitely say I wouldn't mind doing a fifth. If you're reading this, what are you doing? Go play the campaign already, it's well worth it!
*Spoon approves this message*

omedegrats!
Sankyuu!

32bit Win builts anybody?
I know that Axem already send you a build in the mean time. I hope it works out okay!

Take a break you guys, you sure earned it. :P
I'm gonna be so lazy for the next 3 years.

Despite not foreseeing an Oct release, your team sure pulled off a good one releasing just two months later, Spoon :P

BZ!

Got the whole week to Meet and Kill aliens! Also, you might consider putting the trailer video from the dev blog in this release post...
We've been very busy to make it happen :) Hope you enjoy~

I considered putting the trailer video in the release post, but on the other hand, I kind of liked having it just be a clean and simple instructions post.

So I decided to just try the manual install for WoD and it worked fine.  For some reason the Knossos install will not launch for me at all.  It doesn't give an error or a log I can find (My last log was from 68 days ago or something ridiculous).  I could play with the manual install but I would love to play through Knossos if possible.  While I was fiddling with things I noticed I can no longer launch any of the nightlies through Knossos.  The only build that actually even launches anymore is the 3.8.0 stable build.
I wish I could help with Knossos issues, but unfortunately I have no idea  :(

I look forward to downloading this and playing through both episodes.   It's not a stealth sequel to anything is it?
As usual, it serves as a stealth sequel of sorts to the Immortal Turbines art book trilogy.

Don't use Knossos, Ubuntu 16.04 here
None of the WoD devs have a machine running Linux, so I really hope it will run without too much issue for you!

Yeah, I'm sorry to report that the engine is having problems with low end AMD GPUs when using TTF fonts in mods (like WoD). It's especially troublesome because anyone who could fix it doesn't have a card like that to debug it for themselves. :(
Alas, some video adapters are just not going to cut it, it seems. :(

Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Gray113

Ah well, just need to upgrade. Got the perfect excuse now :)

32bit Win builts anybody?
I know that Axem already send you a build in the mean time. I hope it works out okay!

So far so good. :) (Though I made it past the training mission yet, little testing obligation I had)

Just finished it. Phenomenal work, Spoon! I enjoyed it from start to finish! I really enjoyed the changes and additions to the first episode, and how you've been redoing the original story, particularly in regard to the various alien races. Liking the little hints/teases about stuff to expect in episode 3. :P Great mission design, and the last set of missions were particularly awesome; way to end a campaign on a strong note.

I got a question, what's that music that plays during many of the major battles? Most recently, on mission 25.

There's a knossos log in %appdata%\knossos\log.txt

Try pasting that either here or in #knossos on Discord

INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: Running Knossos 0.13.3 on PyQt5 and Python 3.6.6 (v3.6.6:4cf1f54eb7, Jun 27 2018, 02:47:15) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)].
INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2o  27 Mar 2018
INFO:MainThread:integration.init: Activating Windows integration...
INFO:MainThread:runner.run_mod_ex: Starting mod "Wings of Dawn" with cmdline "['-3dshockwave', '-soft_particles', '-post_process', '-fb_thrusters', '-fb_explosions', '-targetinfo', '-3dwarp', '-no_emissive_light', '-rearm_timer', '-ship_choice_3d', '-enable_shadows', '-stretch_menu', '-fxaa', '-dualscanlines', '-ballistic_gauge', '-warp_flash', '-snd_preload', '-ambient_factor', '50', '-spec_exp', '11', '-spec_point', '1.2', '-spec_static', '1.2', '-spec_tube', '2.0', '-ogl_spec', '60', '-bloom_intensity', '35', '-fov', '0.55', '-mod', 'wod-2.0.0-2', '-parse_cmdline_only']" and tool "C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\bin\fso-wod-17.0.0\Fs2_open_Wings_of_Dawn-EX17-SSE2.exe".
WARNING:Thread-5:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180725 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-5:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180924 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-5:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181111 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-5:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181113 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-5:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181114 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-5:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181218 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!

Also; is your "Engine Preferred Stability" (Settings->Knossos) still set to "Nightlies"?
It was.  I also tried setting it to Stable and RCS but that just removed the Nightlies from the list.  When I try to launch the nightlies (or WoDs version) it just says "FSO is launching" and then does nothing.

Lastly, I presume the 68 day old log is your FSO log? What place on your disk did you get that log from?
I'm not sure where its pulling that from.  When I selected "upload debug log" to see what it would do it said the last log was from 68 days ago.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:29:02 am by legacytyphoon »