Author Topic: [WIP] Galaxian Legends, a UGSF total-conversion  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
[WIP] Galaxian Legends, a UGSF total-conversion
While taking a break from working on Shattered Stars, I worked on a small project that seems to be using assets that people say last December they suited to Galaxian-based total conversion such as this, tentatively entitled “Galaxian Legends,” in a release thread of the botched teaser demo. The announcement will follow shortly after this screenshot that shows a Dragoon J-2 fighting a UIMS fleet.

Announcement follows.

Galaxian Legends is a total conversion mod set in the universe of the United Galaxy Space Force, depicted in the video game series of the same name by Bandai Namco Entertainment (then, Namco Limited). It will consist of a serialised playable episodes, and each of them will take roughly four to seven hours to complete, depending on your play style, decisions, and branches taken. Some episodes will have a self-contained, stand-alone plot.

BTW, now's a Star Ixiom 20th anniversary. I'm improving myself as a content creator.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:15:50 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Re: [WIP] Galaxian Legends, a UGSF total-conversion
How about improving as content creators before making any announcements? It's the easiest (and probably only way) for you to reclaim any kind of reputation.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
How about improving as content creators before making any announcements? It's the easiest (and probably only way) for you to reclaim any kind of reputation.

Yes. I have lots of projects in mind. These projects... are in the pipeline, and therefore they take time, patience and effort. This is the case for technologies to be added in FSO in the future... Hence, there's stuff in these that's visually never been in FSO mods before, and there's certainly a bunch of game elements on the magnitude of Blue Planet: War in Heaven and Just Another Day that have never been done before.

One of the reasons why they stall is because not only of technical issues.... but also my personal issues. While most of the technical issues were partially resolved, I'm sure this is the way for me to reclaim any kind of reputation. Dekker and others told me.

I wanted to make sure that what I made is loved by people here at HLP themselves, and then loved by the outside community. In other words, I wanted to make sure I am delivering a very maximum quality, well-perfected content.

Plus, rest assured that fear is the last thing that would ever drive a decision about what to work on or what to do.

Today is Star Ixiom's 20th anniversary.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I don't think anybody minds that you have ambitious ideas. I have very ambitious ideas for my own projects too. The problem is that you start too many, each of them too big to finish alone in a reasonable time (which, by HLP standards is already 3-5 years for "bigger things"). And I don't make huge announcements all the time where I tell everyone of my next mega project of the week.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We're far from being in dire need of exaggerated, exalted promises of upcoming, total-conversions. We hear such promises from the beginning of FS modding and such promises rarely gives birth to anything but posts, modpack dumps and ****storms... And this is not first of such promises from you.

How many times do we need to repeat the same thing over and over again? What we need is reliable, polished, bug-free content of anykind. It does not need to be big, featuring tons of new ships, countless missions, naked dancers and rivers of free vodka. Smaller projects like Colt's Walls Closing or Strygon's OCaD used to be more reliable, better polished and overally more enjoyable.

So finally I'm gonna repeat what I told ya many times: Make something small, but elegant... Also because so far you proven yourself to be incapable of delivering anything that's even playable.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:08:28 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Exactly. Take a look at mods like the mentioned Walls Closing, Operation Cloak and Dagger, Walk in the Sun, maybe stuff like Mantle or Trimurti, and shut up about any big projects.

Grab a small thing, polish it to the best of your abilities, learn stuff and then mayyyyybe try something bigger.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Hmm. I recall reading a thread where you mentioned working on a short campaign about Kappa wing during their disappearance in the Nebula. That'd be a great start  :nod:

In terms of other campaigns to look around in, Orpheus' Hellgate: Ikeya is very neatly organized (something I somewhat regret not learning before working on Walls, but have adopted now).

Anyway. I wish you the best of luck in your work Bryan  :yes:

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Yeah, I spent a few years just getting my first campaign done, and it was just two missions!

Granted, I did not work on it full time. (I started and stopped a few times)

Start small. Even small battles and short missions can be really fun if done right.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Hmm. I recall reading a thread where you mentioned working on a short campaign about Kappa wing during their disappearance in the Nebula. That'd be a great start  :nod:

In terms of other campaigns to look around in, Orpheus' Hellgate: Ikeya is very neatly organized (something I somewhat regret not learning before working on Walls, but have adopted now).

Anyway. I wish you the best of luck in your work Bryan  :yes:

After reading it, I've decided to work on it. Thanks for that :)

Count on me. I wanted to start small. Remember, I wanted to deliver a maximum quality content to you all. I want it to be loved by the people at HLP themselves, before being released to the outside community as a whole.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Count on me. I wanted to start small. Remember, I wanted to deliver a maximum quality content to you all. I want it to be loved by the people at HLP themselves, before being released to the outside community as a whole.

Then stick to this one, please. :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
We're all wathhing and won't accept anything other than this  :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Thaaats the spirit I wanted to see! Do it, man!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.