Author Topic: [WIP] Kn'thrak: A mod-for-a-mod for Wing Commander Saga  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
[WIP] Kn'thrak: A mod-for-a-mod for Wing Commander Saga
Lately, I've been developing a mod-for-a-mod for Wing Commander Saga. This mod, which takes place within the same universe as the 2008 City of Ember film adaptation, which sadly remains as a once-off look into the world of Ember which may not happen at least in our lifetimes, making it a once-in-a-lifetime screen adaptation. This mod explores the fate of, and what's left of the world of Ember, probably at the onset of the fulfillment of Kn'thrak, the ancient prophecy foretold the dawning of an era of "great darkness", when a race would come forth to destroy all who reside within the galaxy. In other words, the game centers on an ancient prophecy. In this regard, the world of Ember is among those fallen, right after the end of the 2008 film itself.

In a series of episodic campaigns, you play as a Kilrathi pilot fighting for the very survival in the face of the coming darkness.

This mod features playable Kilrathi ships with the ability to warp-out, but is compatible to WCS, which provides the possibility of its main assets being upgraded someday. It will feature the Nephilim ships from Wing Commander: Prophecy.

Re: [WIP] Kn'thrak: A mod-for-a-mod for Wing Commander Saga
How many WIP campaigns do you have now?

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
How many WIP campaigns do you have now?
Three. And four if counting Shattered Stars. Or five if counting FreeSpace: Reunited.

I'm compelled to make this for two reasons: to update WCS to today's standards and to create a space combat game that explores the fate of the world of Ember in the point of view of the aliens, in this case, the Kilrathi. The latter is obvious because since the City of Ember's release more than ten years ago nothing is heard regarding a follow-up or even a reboot, even after Disney purchased Fox last March.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
    • My old squad sub-domain
Where does it say the wcs assets are being upgraded?

Where does it say the wcs assets are being upgraded?

Bryan will do that all by himself, right?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
😭😭😭

I think it's doable. As for Bryan it takes just add a handful of polies and they suddenly become 100% his upgrade work.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 02:10:59 pm by Nightmare »

There have been upscales in the wing commander side. I do think converting to fs2 will be quite a chore though, may be easier to make an importer for wing commander models. Sincerely Bryan, godspeed, I am really looking forward to trying out a wing commander mash-up. Please though, no Kinney? I joke I joke, with the checkpoints it became much better.

you haven't played anything Bryan produced right

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
Merry Christmas Bryan. 🎉🤶🎅🌲

Offline Bryan See

• Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
Because I wanted to upgrade and update Wing Commander Saga to its recent builds. So, I decided that this is more than just a mod-for-a-mod.

Firstly, it takes place within the movie universe of the 2008 City of Ember. You fly as a Kilrathi fighting among the clans. The title do relate to something I can't tell you just yet.

Second, it serves as an upgrade/update mod for WCS assets. I am doing this to keep it up-to-date.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Firstly, it takes place within the movie universe of the 2008 City of Ember. You fly as a Kilrathi fighting among the clans. The title do relate to something I can't tell you just yet.

But why? Why do you feel the constant urge to mash 2 completely unrelated IPs together?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Because I wanted to upgrade and update Wing Commander Saga to its recent builds. So, I decided that this is more than just a mod-for-a-mod.

The WCS saga does already run on recent (regular builds) thanks to Admiral Nelson.

But why? Why do you feel the constant urge to mash 2 completely unrelated IPs together?

It's Bryans Recept For Success

Offline Bryan See

• Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter

It's Bryans Recept For Success
It's my idea. I am trying to keep the community alive in the long-term.

The WCS saga does already run on recent (regular builds) thanks to Admiral Nelson.
The assets may need upgrading, though.