Author Topic: RELEASE - GTSG Sleipnir  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
RELEASE - GTSG Sleipnir

The Sleipnir is a light RBC, recently deployed by the GTVA. Developed in conjunction with the Mjolnir as a counter to strikecraft, the Sleipnir is equipped with a less powerful beam than its larger counterpart, geared towards fast target acquisition and anti-fighter operations. Though intended to replace older generations of sentry cannons like the Cerberus and Alastor, the Sleipnir has proved somewhat costly, and the kind of mass production required for that purpose is not economically viable. However, in situations of a high-value target, or when facing particularly well armed opponents, there's no better platform available today.

DOWNLOAD: From Sectorgame

Things to note:
 - There's a -destroyed submodel for the Turret, but neither me nor The_E could figure out how to make it show up ingame. If you solve the riddle, let me know and I'll upload a version 1.1
 - The transparency on the mesh will look wrong unless you're using a recent nightly, post Valathil's fixing of the transparency issues.
 - With the current table file, the Sleipnir is flagged as a bomber. This means it'll try to point its beam cannon at the player if it's given orders to attack him. It also means it'll fire off messages if it's friendly. If you're going to have friendly Sleipnirs, I suggest you make use of the "disable-builtin-messages" sexp, remembering to specify each gun separately.
 - I forgot to add the readme file before uploading. I'm an idiot.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:45:24 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Re: RELEASE - GTSG Sleipnir
Superb as always. Very neat work :P
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Hey, that's pretty neat. :D
Far as I can tell the destroyed turret IS working, but it's located in the centre of the model rather than in the location it should be. You can always check this by renaming the destroyed subobject to something else in PCS2 and it will be visible.

Try this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?zj66z1kru43zzud
I haven't tested it myself, but all I did was shunt the destroyed object into place in PCS2. Everything else already looks fine. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!

Downloaded and had a look, and it's definitely an awesome model, but some brighter pics would be great.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I think texture is a bit too dark. Details are hard to be seen, but anyway it's awesome model.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Qent

Stealth RBCs.... :P

Looks great.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Apologies for the dark screenies - it's in the lab, so it's partially due to my lighting settings, partially due to fairly dark texs, and partially due to ****ty jpeg compression - I hadn't realized it was quite as bad as it is - somehow, the uploading process has compressed them - they look much better on my HDD. Going to Re-UL somehwere else.

[EDIT]Thanks to VA, I now feel like a bit of a mong. :nervous:. His version does indeed fix the -destroyed submodel, though! Woo! Cheers mate. I'll reupload a version 1.1 shortly.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:46:51 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp