Author Topic: Terrorist attack in Paris (11 people dead)  (Read 25932 times)

Terrorist attack in Paris (11 people dead)
Violent content.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bc6_1420632668

R.I.P to all innocent victims and my condolence to all French people.

Why did it happened? I guess that it's a consequence of French military bombings on ISIS. Leaders of that rectal cancer of the world encouraged to perform attacks in the countries which armies are fighting against IS
Terrorist's choice wasn't a coincidence. Charlie Hebdo magazine created satirical pictures of the Muslim Prophet.

Attackers (sadly) managed to escape.  :mad2:

Every time I hear about such tragedies I'm happy that don't live in a "multicultural country". At least we don't have problems with brainless "aloha snackbar" freaks. And I hope it will stay like this forever.

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Terrorist attack in Paris (11 people dead)
My thoughts are with the French. :(

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
was just coming here to post about this

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/07/us-france-shooting-idUSKBN0KG0Y120150107

**** those guys. keep talking.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Every time I hear about such tragedies I'm happy that don't live in a "multicultural country". At least we don't have problems with brainless "aloha snackbar" freaks. And I hope it will stay like this forever

I fail to see how blanket disrespecting 1.6 billion people, an entire religion, and dozens of cultures helps in the slightest.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
**** these mother****ers. Someone wanna post the cartoon that pissed them off along with a translation?
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
wow.. I have no words.. Just when I thought Islamic extremism couldnt get any worse after the performance in the last year.

Every time I hear about such tragedies I'm happy that don't live in a "multicultural country". At least we don't have problems with brainless "aloha snackbar" freaks. And I hope it will stay like this forever.

+1
There are like 60 muslims in my whole country. :D

Salman Rushdie's reaction: ‘I Stand With Charlie Hebdo, as We All Must’: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/01/07/salman-rushdie-i-stand-with-charlie-hebdo-as-we-all-must/
“Religion, a mediaeval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry becomes a real threat to our freedoms. This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today. I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity. ‘Respect for religion’ has become a code phrase meaning ‘fear of religion.’ Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect.”  –Salman Rushdie
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
Every time I hear about such tragedies I'm happy that don't live in a "multicultural country". At least we don't have problems with brainless "aloha snackbar" freaks. And I hope it will stay like this forever

I fail to see how blanket disrespecting 1.6 billion people, an entire religion, and dozens of cultures helps in the slightest.
What, you're saying denying Muslim immigrants economic opportunities through racial and religious prejudice isn't going to solve the issue? You crazy

Honestly I doubt these guys are domestic French extremists. They look like professional killers ala Black September at Munich or Al Queda to me.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline 666maslo666

Polls show that around half of muslims are extremists, hundreds of millions of them. Its gonna be less in a country like France, but still it is not true that only a tiny minority are extreme. So those who criticize multiculturalism certainly have a point. Because in this case, multiculturalism is not limited only to those harmless tasty kebabs. It is also about multiple viewpoints on such things like basic human rights. Which is a recipe for huge problems in a society.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

I dont want this kind of multiculturalism anywhere near my country either.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
Ok, how many say in a poll actually say terrorism is ok? Now compare those numbers with the percentage of Americans who think drone strikes are ok.

Regardless, you know what won't make us safer? More discrimination! There's plenty of that against Muslims both in France and here. You know what won't teach Muslims angry at their marginalization liberal values? More discrimination!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:18:51 pm by Mr. Vega »
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Luis Dias

What, you're saying denying Muslim immigrants economic opportunities through racial and religious prejudice isn't going to solve the issue? You crazy

Honestly I doubt these guys are domestic French extremists. They look like professional killers ala Black September at Munich or Al Queda to me.

I was most definitely not expecting this unsympathetic stance by you, it surprised me. Last year I would be with you 100%, but I guess times change.

e:Me crazy, me incapable of read skills me stupid (btw I agree with you)

Nevertheless, I do think free speech is too important a thing to be sacrificed by a couple of ****ing assholes who suddenly instilled fear in every newspaper organization not only in France but in the wider world as well. Kudos to the Daily Beast who posted if not all their muslim covers, at least the most offensive ones right here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2011/11/02/charlie-hebdo-french-satire-magazine-s-shocking-covers-photos.html#78cc5a13-e7f3-4428-b0ff-a53e4d42d8f9

e: germany right now

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:24:07 pm by Luis Dias »

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine

I was most definitely not expecting this unsympathetic stance by you, it surprised me. Last year I would be with you 100%, but I guess times change. Nevertheless, I do think free speech is too important a thing to be sacrificed by a couple of ****ing assholes who suddenly instilled fear in every newspaper organization not only in France but in the wider world as well. Kudos to the Daily Beast who posted if not all their muslim covers, at least the most offensive ones right here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2011/11/02/charlie-hebdo-french-satire-magazine-s-shocking-covers-photos.html#78cc5a13-e7f3-4428-b0ff-a53e4d42d8f9
Someone is looking for something that isn't there. I'd rather not let a few monsters convince us we should become monsters ourselves. I should not have to say this, and I'm not the one who decided to start attacking all Muslims.

Kudos to TDB. Most euro news sites are blurring the images right now. They need to be shamed.

Here's an idea: bombard the whole country with anonymous cartoons satirizing each religion. Make Muslims laugh at the ones going after Catholics before they have to work themselves up over theirs. Flood them until they get used to it.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Luis Dias

Sorry Vega you were too fast in the reply, I misread you.

Offline 666maslo666

Ok, how many say in a poll actually say terrorism is ok? Now compare those numbers with the percentage of Americans who think drone strikes are ok.

What about drone strikes? Drone strikes are OK. Drone strikes deliberately targeting civilians are not OK. Drone strikes killing civilians as a collateral damage may or may not be OK, depending on specifics. It is not a black and white question.

I doubt lots of muslims will explicitly admit to supporting terrorism, because its such a bad word. But ask them in a roundabout way, like "do you support death penalty or harsh punishments for insulting the prophet or blasphemy/apostasy against islam?", and lots of them will answer yes. Which is exactly what we have seen today.

Morals are relative and many in coddled developed world have forgotten how evil people, normal people, can be. After all, I dont think we were much better in middle ages and islam is stuck there for a large part to this day.

Offline 666maslo666

There is a draw mohammed day, I wouldnt be surprised in this date (HLP birthday! lol) becomes something similar

Offline Luis Dias

Paris right now

There is a draw mohammed day, I wouldnt be surprised in this date (HLP birthday! lol) becomes something similar

The Charlie Ebdo Day.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Rest in peace, and... Happy eternity.

While I'm not religious at all and only pure spirirual person. I'm living surrounded by catholic people. I'm neutral in case of beliefs at all but I still don't understand why only muslim fanatics are doing things like this. Catholic fanatics are pretty funny at all. They are people, who just shout loudly about Jesus Christ nad other catholic deities. Sometimes about Judgment Day, conversions, whatever. HoRnet, You know what I'm talking about :P. If there is any God... Well. God has no religion at all, as Gandhi said and I'm pretty sure it don't want anybody to kill other people.

I actually have nothing against muslims. Those who live in Poland are kind people, but we have a very few of them comparing to France, Germany where millions of them are living. Unfortunately the more normal muslims we accept here in Europe, the more fanatics will come afterwards and they will be indistinguishable from normal muslim people till they do something like this. The only way I see to prevent events like this is setting limits for imigrants.

We are living in the same planet and we are all humans. Different, but still humans. Unfortunately... Not everyone understand this.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mika

My condolences to the families of the victims

I do have to ask what's the point of this? What I think this will do is just piss off the general population, which doesn't bode well for the minority in the future. Although France has had districts in the cities where police and firemen refuse to go for some time, so I can't say this is unexpected.

Things seemed to be a bit different in Germany, though. I don't know what makes the difference between France and Germany here. Sweden also had some amount of trouble with muslims rioting a couple of months ago too.
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline 666maslo666

Things seemed to be a bit different in Germany, though. I don't know what makes the difference between France and Germany here. Sweden also had some amount of trouble with muslims rioting a couple of months ago too.

German muslims are mostly Turks,  who are relatively less problematic. Maybe due to cultural proximity to Europe, secular influence of Ataturk or Turkey being a stable country compared to middle east, or something.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Flood them until they get used to it.

You just described the idea behind Draw Mohamed Day. Which last time I checked we get a lot of grief from the administration here in this very forum over when anyone tries to participate.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too

A culture that largely says that if you change your religion you should be killed is a culture I want very far away from me, and in fact one I would like to see end entirely. If you are not part of that culture, or you want to escape that culture (I am implying assimilation into another one here) even if you have a religion that goes by the same name as the one practiced compulsorily by the people in that culture, then I welcome you. But if you are going to be my neighbor and continue to hold on to ideas like "it's OK to murder your daughter because she talked to a boy" then we are going to have problems.

There does seem to be something about Islam. Not saying it's something that cannot be fixed and is something ingrained in every muslim, but why is it that we've had all of these middle class westerner kids flying over to Syria to murder kafirs? there is a problem here.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3