Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2675389 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: A celebration of Freespace
Nice screenshots. What is the Death Star-like thing on the screenshots with Ravana and Achladia?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
plz2lvlshot kthx

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
They're already small. :blah:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
lvlshot

done - didn't make them smaller on my monitor though (just somehow decreased quality  :confused:)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Hmm, is it a Dyson Sphere? Also, what's the ship in the bottom-right of the first picture?

And, yuck, the lvlshot is actually scaling up the images for me (making them look fuzzy and highlighting JPG artefacts). Wonder if that'll ever get fixed...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Man I love spacescape.
nebula bitmaps have never felt so outdated.

(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
what's the ship in the bottom-right of the first picture?

You can see the rear of an ACv Zominthos there ... its a reskin of the VECv Geb bringing it in line with the rest of my Ancients;
the big Z is serving as a mid-range artillery platform and deploys fighters (usually Katos)

*awesome picture*

nice
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:03:55 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Man I love spacescape.
I actually could not agree with you more. :yes:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Man I love spacescape.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/green_neb.jpg
Someone totally should do a skybox in spacescape for each system presented in FS to be used in mediavps.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Totally. That would be so awesome you guys.

Fury, Snail, That's exactly what I could use myself. I can design my own versions in time but having like canonical ones would both make my work easier and give more sense of actually being there and all. ;)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
There's a Ravana in the Ancient Shivan War? I thought there was only a Demon and a Vassago.
With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There's a Ravana in the Ancient Shivan War? I thought there was only a Demon and a Vassago.

It's not from Ancient Shivan War, it's a different campaign's take on the Ancients.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

GTC Phanes, GTC Aletheia, GTCv Calypso and the GTD Charlatan. Just a showcase of my versions of Taristin's cruisers and Calypso. They have the same story as Stratcomm's Vasudan fleetpack - finished regardless by 3 different persons/teams for other projects. My versions of these ships are a different than Droid803's ones, have a different textures, turret setup, pof-related things and they're a bit bigger. Also they have a glowpoints and the Calypso has a better mapping. Thanks to Droid803, I was able to equip these models in LODs and debris from his versions. It doesn't make sense to keep them exclusive when other versions of these models are released, so I'm going to release them when my friend finish testing. Modders who want to use these models will have a choice.

Unfortunately, Charlatan aka Damocles still needs some work. I've removed a lot of bugs on the PCS2 level, but it still needs fixes on mapping level and modelcentering. Dragon made a new normal and shine maps for it. If someone want to help with this model, you're welcome. Is has a bit different turret configuration because I was wanted good turrets for beams.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Good to see Aldo's destroyer being used.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
This place needs some HURR to TAK on to it.

My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Playing around with the new script m!m made
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Dude, awesome! Are those weapon projectiles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Debris particles actually.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Aww. The post said it could be used to spawn weapon projectiles too.