Author Topic: [RELEASE] GTI Europa (previously: Small, somewhat crappy modular station)  (Read 30863 times)

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
Re: [RELEASE] GTI Europa (previously: Small, somewhat crappy modular station)
The only trouble I have with using this station is that it takes forever to assemble into even a basic shape.

The best part of this station is that it works really well with things like the modular mining station, the Constellation and the Module station pack.  I've been able to construct a really nice looking habitat positioned around the Scar asteroid with this which will become Orkney station.  Thank you :)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The only trouble I have with using this station is that it takes forever to assemble into even a basic shape.

The best part of this station is that it works really well with things like the modular mining station, the Constellation and the Module station pack.  I've been able to construct a really nice looking habitat positioned around the Scar asteroid with this which will become Orkney station.  Thank you :)

I'd like to see pictures of that. :nod:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is this possible in FSU to make a group of ships as one ship? If not I would like to see that feature. Targeting every single piece of station or only the core when rest of the parts are invisible for sensors is rather strange. This problem occur both in Modular Construction Kit and the Europa.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Rkeyah: Awesome! I'd like to see that too.

Betrayal: This post by BW has some good ideas on making the station act like one piece using SEXPs. There are a few other ways to do it as well, and probably an even better solution via scripting. Keep in mind that's not the only option - I don't see the problem with acknowledging in gameplay the fact that the station is modular. It could lead to scenarios like attackers in a nebula prioritizing sensor arrays (with their AWACS flags) to blind the station, or attackers only killing turret sections and capturing others.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
It's taking a while to finish seeing as I wanted to make it look really good before showing it to anyone.  The main problem is how butt ugly the mining station is compared to all the beautiful components and how hard it is to make some of the modular stuff look good but I think I have a fix for that :)

Offline Revan227

• by far, the Hades is WAY better than the colossus!
    • Minecraft
what exactly is this?
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE  HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

(yes i know how overused this is)

Overly Attached Support Ship: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86760.0

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
polygons

This is a great model; I have a spiral configuration I will shortly post screening of.

However, one question -  no dock points on outer surface?

I find that shuttles etc find it tricky to negotiate the quite tight angles need to dock on the inward faxing arms...

Bh

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
No, I used the outer sides pretty much exclusively for the windows, so the line wouldn't be broken up. If you have a hub section that connects to a center core, it has a dockpoint on the bottom that should be easier to get to. Alternatively, you could place a waypoint somewhere near the destination dockpoint and have the shuttle move there before it docks. Waypoints are also good for navigating around other hull sections if they're in the way.

Copy that.

If you do any further work on this, external dock points on, say just the hub section,  would allow for concentric rings,  external docks, better integration with the MCK etc and allow larger ships (Argo and above)  to dock.

For me, personally, that single adaptation would bump this lovely model from a great to a legendary :-)