Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175580 times)

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by kasperl

LOL.. sorry missed that one. :)
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
uhm....i use trillian i have join the irc server and the channel but i don't see anyone
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

ok, goto irc.sorcery.net and channel #nodewar

now, check for typo's, and then try again.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline FreeTerran

Hmm......i think you must talk without me :(

Offline FreeTerran

Tango2 upload done i start now with warble upload

Offline Fractux

Wait stop uploading warble we have it already.

Thanks though. Much appreciated.

I'll tell you what we are missing hold on a sec

Offline FreeTerran

OK stoped

Offline Fractux

Hey FreeTerran, that's pretty much it for all the files. The other are being uploaded now.

BEING UPLOADED NOW:
tango1
sparky_hi
warble_fs2  [the first version we had was corrupted]

SERVER HAS:
smarty_fs2
stu_fs2
tango2_fs2
tango3_fs2

MISSING:

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 02:17:19 pm by 1248 »

Offline FreeTerran

Np i try to help were i can ;)

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
btw.. besides the hi res file that speaks for itself, what do the others do? I dont have any of them and i was just wondering what they did. Another thing.. i have a 300kbps upload speed i think... :doubt:

Offline Solatar

that's pretty good, I have like 127kbps. *Waits for Tiara to come in with her double T3*;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
sparky_hi_fs2.vp Contains the Hi -Res info for FS2. You need this to play in 1024x768 254MB
stu_fs2.vp Contains the voice files. 170MB
warble_fs2.vp Contains the music files 116MB
tangoX_fs2.vp 3 Files. Where X is 1 to 3. These contain the animations for the command briefings 311MB
smarty_fs2.vp The animations for the tech room. Probably the file you'll miss the least 120MB
Movie files The last 3 cut scenes were included (you'll only see 2 depending on whether you succeed or fail in the final mission) but the rest are missing 539MB
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
i tried downloading the sparky_hi res but i only got about 80 megs before my FTP client wouldnt let me download anymore... the same with tango 1 and stu_fs2.

Offline Fractux

Just a note, I've split the VP files into 4MB chunks so that if someone disconnects while D/L you won't have to start all over again, especially if your client does not support FTP resume function.

Cheers!

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Fractux
Just a note, I've split the VP files into 4MB chunks so that if someone disconnects while D/L you won't have to start all over again, especially if your client does not support FTP resume function.

Cheers!

Meh... download SmartFTP. It has unlimited trial. It only gives an annoying popup at startup. But it does have resume support. I hate 4mb parts. I'm just glad I already downloaded everything! :D
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I used to use that. Until one update crapped up my entire system. (It was definately Smart FTP cause I restored from a ghosted image and when I tried again the same thing happened).

I now use AceFTP instead.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
With all the MVE2AVI conversions going I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them uploaded along with the missing vp-s.
BTW they are quite small - around 10-20 Mbytes - so freespace shouldn't be too much of an issue.

So, should this be included?
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Originally posted by Flaser
With all the MVE2AVI conversions going I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them uploaded along with the missing vp-s.
BTW they are quite small - around 10-20 Mbytes - so freespace shouldn't be too much of an issue.

So, should this be included?
Quite a few of them are in fact less than 10MB each. Also, I'd be willing to help upload some of the avi's from freespace 2 if we do get approval for this.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
This just occurred to me... have you guys been uploading pure .VP files, without zipping them? Cause I seem to recall that they can be compressed decently, though I can't check this ATM, being on the road and all.

Also, if you're gonna upload AVI's of the cutscenes, you should make sure that they are all encoded at the same bitrate, encoding method (1-pass, 1-pass quality based, 2-pass, multi-pass), the same version of DivX, and the same audio codec. Otherwise, you'll get wildly varying results in quality and compatability.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fractux

Some people had uploaded the VP files, most were `rared` or zipped before hand.

right now, we have all the vp files except for sparky_fs2.vp .

I split them up after myselft anyways, but if you rar or zip them, make sure to test them before you upload just in case they get corrupted.

Activity has been pretty constant, more than 3GB downloaded since I last checked 3 days ago.

For some reason however, there are always a few people who forget to disable multiple connections. I don`t think i can make this any clearer short of making a animated gif with a huge warning. :rolleyes:

Anyways feel free to upload whatever you want that is FS related.

I starting to lean how to use FRED and started to write out some missions I want to try. SEXP is pretty easy to work with, and I`m already having fun seeing how complex these missions can get :D. I`ve finally managed to be able to get the tools to get custom models from 3ds into .pov `s but I`m a real novice modeler so while I`ve got the basics, I`m just really starting to get into it.

Anyways, I`m glad I found this place, too bad It took me a couple years.. hehe :)

Cheers!