Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175516 times)

i have a rar now of the entire game except for some cutscens and smarty.vp. it's 600MB altogether. burn it on disc, and spread it like your life depends on it.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Fractux
Anyways, I`m glad I found this place, too bad It took me a couple years.. hehe :)

Cheers!

Out of a webmaster's sense of curiosity, how did you come upon HLP? Google? VWBB? Something else?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm to blame apparently :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fractux

I had done a search for Freespace 2 when I was atempting to get it to run in 1024 768, and Karajorma's site was #3 in the search list from google.

Got to HLP through his site links.

BTW the FTP is back up, I dunno who shut it down, but I was not here for the past couple of days. Time to lock the computer again. Sheesh!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline Fractux

Oh yes, and thanks to those who uploaded sparky_fs2.vp. I'm just adding it now to the downloads section.

Cheers!

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Are you going to upoad all of the cutscene files: Boschs monologues, intro, Colossus, Bastion? Those are the only missing components to a full version of FS2 on my comp :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
Are you going to upoad all of the cutscene files: Boschs monologues, intro, Colossus, Bastion? Those are the only missing components to a full version of FS2 on my comp :)

Someone has to convert them first! :D Once they are done they will be uploaded I'm sure.

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
I downloaded a few of them as .rar How to i get them to be .mve? IS there a program i need or are they useless and i have to download them as .mve instead of .rar?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
I downloaded a few of them as .rar How to i get them to be .mve? IS there a program i need or are they useless and i have to download them as .mve instead of .rar?

You can't play them with the standard FS2 but if you run FS2_open with the -dshowvid flag you can see them there. Otherwise your only option is to play them with a standard movie viewer like Media Player.

Of course you first have to use WinRAR to unpack the .rar files.

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
Know anyplace why i might get Winrar?

Offline Fractux

Click here to download it:

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar320.exe

Cheers!

ok... so im stupid... but how do you log onto that server... all i get is a page that says "coming soon to a server near you"

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by Badinfluence980
ok... so im stupid... but how do you log onto that server... all i get is a page that says "coming soon to a server near you"

check out the first post again, I edited it to tell you what to do if you are using IE to log on to the server.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
very good guys!

I recommend Cute FTP though ;)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Fractux- No, it didn't work. It's now doing what it did the first time. The second time was the farthest it got. It never did connect the second time, even though I let it do that thing for between 15 and 30 minutes.

Status:   Connected with gaming.playnow.ca:6968. Waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220 Fractux's FTP - DISABLE MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS ON YOUR CLIENT
Command:   USER anonymous
Response:   331 Password required for anonymous.
Command:   PASS *****
Response:   421 Too many users logged for this account. Try again later.
Error:   Unable to connect!
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Kosh

Whops, I accidently posted that on the wrong thread. Sorry.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That looks like a standard busy response to me. There are already two people downloading files off of the server so there's no space for you.
 The best thing to do is to get up in the middle of the night and try :) Shouldn't be anyone online then (depending on your time zone)

Offline Kosh

I'll try it one more time at midnight tonight. If it still doesn't work, then I'll just have to talk Fractux into giving me a temporary account...... :P

Brain I/O error

Offline FA-PILO

i try to download the files yesterday and it works i download a movie
but now it tells me the conection was refiused  
what can i do i only want the warble vp

please help me i am a desesperate man:shaking:
GTD AQUITAINE

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Keep trying. The connection gets refused if there are more than a couple of people already connected. It will eventually let you in.