Author Topic: Freespace 3 ?  (Read 6444 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
In my opinion, Inferno is FS3.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

um...Can anyone get onto the Interplay website?

I can't...says it's not there and the interplay-store is "unable to complete transactions at this time."

...wtf mate?!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I would, to be honest, be dissapointed if they announced FS3, it's far more fun NOT knowing what happened next ;) And since the story would either be just like an already ongoing Mod, or will be so different as to make the other Mods obsolete, it is unlikely to be well recieved by the majority of the community ;)

Offline Zuljin

• Cake!
I would be seriously scared if FS3 was announced one day.
And especially if it wasn't made by V..
Anyone else would probably **** things up royally, and then we'd all be scarred for life, and have a **** game which ruined the rest of it for us.

A little bit pessimistic, but hey...it's not coming out anyway, so it doesn't matter :p

Offline Havock

what?
coolcoolcool!!!`1!!@!@oneone
FS3, when it it out?
j00 know?
1337!

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Even :V: would mess things up.

Considering the "leap" into the abyss when you compare FS2 to FS1 I must say the team must have been under very poor management or some key personal were lost on the way.

Don't take me wrong : FS2 is technologically superior, but considering that they could have made a lot more out of it.

Of course it could pretty much be Intergay's fault.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It would be hard for whatever was produced to not be a let down. We've all had years of wanting it and thinking up cool stuff to do in the mean time... not to mention so many theories and so on. Living up to that kind of expectation is - while not impossible - tricky.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by karajorma
I doubt they'd do an FS3 though. FS2 didn't sell that well and Interplay are too stupid to realise that it was their own fault .

Hell, if they had actually advertised it a bit, we might be piling into download sites to get the FS4 demo.:D
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Hell, if they had actually advertised it a bit, we might be piling into download sites to get the FS4 demo.:D

That's pretty much what I was on about. The advertising for FS2 was virtually non-existant.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
I'm lucky I found it, it was m grandpa that first showed me it :nod:
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

good one, that's priceless!

I'm keeping a copy or two mint for "future generations"...

Someone please put them in a time capsule.

200 years later Acheologists open it up.

"Look students, a copy of 1997's space sim game of the year!"

"professor is it TRUE they had to use magnetic disks to install these games on instead of photo cells? and they used a 'joystick' to operate thier simulated craft instead of a neural link?"

PS9 live in your world, play in ours...  :lol:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
If you want something to be forgotten and never again found you put it into a time capsule.

It's the most uncommon places where people find old stuff...
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.