Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657379 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: A celebration of Freespace
This is awesome. I love the way my ships looks. I'm only wondering how to make them less bright.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think I've seen comments that turning down the bloom helps.  e.g. set this in the launcher;

Code: [Select]
-post_process
-bloom_intensity 30
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CKid

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
To prevent the "30 days no post"-message, have an Acardia:

Also I couldn't take the comments about FS-era ship-to-ship combat "being dull" lying down:

FUSION MORTARS FTW!

When in doubt, add more cruisers.

Guess why...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:27:07 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

I love my FS-era combat! Terran-Vasudan War needs its loving too. Have a Sagittarius Carrier on the house:

Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Rain on Ribos 4's Mission 17a has always kinda played second fidle to guilty pleasure of watching the Lucifer tear up a Vasudan strike group in Mission 17b - coindicentally the choice not to communicate which one was which to anyone but the lore masters, really makes sense here - but I am on the case:

... and this is a version I am still fixing left and right to be better. And that's not even the new "-new"-version which comes with additional waypoints and maneuvering, which will be avalible for single play.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
To prevent the "30 days no post"-message, have an Acardia:

Nah. I like it more that way:
PBR's cool.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
I dunno if this thread is reserved for eyecandy or not. But I have a sort of funny story.

So I attended an online high school for some years. Each of the courses has an identification code that displays in big letters on the course home page. Couldn't miss it.

Most of these codes were long, like the one for Chemistry: SCI114AX  :confused: Seriously it sounds like onomatopoeia textspeak for a Shivan scream.

Anyway, the code for AP European Histroy was unusually short short: AP(R)

Really that was it. And I never could figure out what (R) stood for. And since the course was really crummy and overrated, I took to calling it AP "Retrofit". After everyone's favorite weapon.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
This is awesome. I love the way my ships looks. I'm only wondering how to make them less bright.

The amount of bloom makes some of the ships look like guns. Hmmm.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Urbana

• Steam
recently i got the name plate of the GTD Galatea printed on a vinyl sticker for my car to celebrate the Galatea and what it stood for. the only problem is the image i do have was a very small resolution so when blown up it was very small and pixelated. If anyone in the community can give me a link or upload a better res version of the name plate i would be very appreciated and i will upload the image for all to see.
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The problem is that the original texture isn't exactly large, most of those date back to FS1 and the current Mediavps model does not improve much on them. The new one is still unfinished and it might end up switching to the modern nameplate-making technique, which just takes a text and overlays it over a textures (doesn't look quite as good, but is a lot easier to make, implement or even retrofit to an older model).

Offline Darius

Quote from: IRC
[11:01.35] <batwota> oh all y’all talkin **** about the UEF but they did great here
[11:01.42] <batwota> didn’t lose the ‘orestes’ or the ‘temeraire’ which are the big fail points
[11:01.43] <redsniper> really this video made me realize that FS in general is... looking good
[11:01.50] <batwota> redsniper: yeah dat pbr
[11:01.55] <batwota> also performance is now pretty good
[11:02.05] <IronBeer> tbh I'm amazed that the engine is still chugging along
[11:02.11] <redsniper> I'm not talking **** about uef, I'm talking **** about the pilot!
[11:02.13] <IronBeer> HLP is an amazing group of people

Or: Putting out videos for Youtube game magazine channels to play in the background for their FreeSpace reviews!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 07:56:38 am by Darius »

The **** is that big ass black brick at the front? I want it.

Holy hell I want to play this.

Offline Darius

This isn't quite the visual spectacle the GTVA version is.  I know AAA beams and TerPulse are a tough act to follow, but maybe the UEF point defenses should be a little beefier.  I want to not even be able to see where I am going through all the bullets.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No way. The point defense fire and flak screens are gorgeous.

Offline Darius

I just realised the capships were still using retail AI settings which is why the flak bath wasn't as thick as usual.

I'll do a re-record for fireworks justice!

EDIT: Rerecorded.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:23:03 am by Darius »

Offline Darius

This isn't quite the visual spectacle the GTVA version is.  I know AAA beams and TerPulse are a tough act to follow, but maybe the UEF point defenses should be a little beefier.  I want to not even be able to see where I am going through all the bullets.

Quote from: IRC
[11:37.02] <Hades> space is explosion!!!

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Am I the only one to have a feeling that in the previous clip the UEF fleet actually fared at least a bit better in this mission than the original Tev 14th BG?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.