Author Topic: ML-16 Laser gun  (Read 10719 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Consult the Wiki, it might help you.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Boomer

The Wiki did not help.  I just want to know where to get a copy of the engine.  That's all.
Viva la UBERBOMB!

"I have no gods, only questions." -Me

A man once came to me and asked me to express a profound thought.  I told him.....<Static>...

Look on the bright side, it looks absolutely nothing like a penis.-Turambar

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
Listen as the Marine screams "DIE!" You can hear a humming, buzzing sound that ends when the weapon she's holding fires, downing the shivan.

That sounded like gattling gun fire to me...the really fast shell fire
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, to me it sounded like the whir of an electronic motor, possibly feeding ammunition.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Then why does it stop when the explosive weapon hits the Shivan? I've gone over it, and the most reasonable explanation is that it's the big ass gun carried by the girl thats making that sound, and it's that same bigass gun that takes down the shivan.

Whats more, the sound goes like "VRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-BOOM!-(power down noise). It doesn't sound anything like Gatling fire. More like a vacuum cleaner.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 05:57:33 pm by 1802 »
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

One more thing: At the same instant the big explosion happens, the Girl's gun Kicks back-Like it just shot something. There's even a MUZZLE FLASH at that same instant, whereas there was none before.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 06:01:26 pm by 1802 »

FUKOOOOV!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Maybe the weapon spun up the ammunition, so it would drill through targets after launched (a sort of really nasty anti-armor round)
-C

That is NOT what happened.

It's not hard. Watch the scene closely. The Group opens fire (with a very distinct sound, too, different from the charge up sound). The Girl wiht the big gun is NOT firing, instead you can hear her gun charging up. Then, she screams "DIE!", You see one (just one) HUGE muzzle flash from her weapon (it also kicks back in her hands), Then a GIANT explosion the same instant, and then her gun makes a power-down noise.

I just watched it, I'm not imagining it.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Oh, ok, i agree that the girl shoots a grenade or AP shell or somthing. For some reason i thaught you were implitng that the weapon was a laser.
actualy, mabye not.

I don't think it was a grenade or a AP shell. Why would they need to audibly charge up to fire?

The gun itself looks way too funky to be firing bullets or grenades, as well. Look at the shape of the Barrel, for example.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Gauss gun or railgun. Uses a capacitor or compulsator to charge it's rails/coils
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 06:18:07 pm by 2073 »
actualy, mabye not.

There, thats the gun she uses. Whats up with the Long and thin shape of the barrel? What kinda bullet are you seriouly gonna shoot outta that?

FUKOOOOV!

It really doesn´t matter. Considering how Hallfight is the SOLE source for info on FS troops and weapons, we can´t hardly be expected to match it point for point. I guess we can say we have a bit of creative license to do the way we see best. And a weapon that needs charging is not what anyone would want to see in a FPS. Republic Commando made that mistake with the plasma blood weapon, where you had to start firing 5 seconds before the target comes into play. Not exactlly good for countering an enemy that jumps at you in a corner. Those 5 seconds are enough to get you killed.
:ick:

@Jetmech:

The gun you see there is the second one i posted. It´s the minigun. You´re just looking at it from a diferent angle.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 06:22:35 pm by 2050 »
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

I don't see why it's hard to accept that the GTVA might have Heavy Energy weapons for Infantry, though.

And I liked the Plasma blood weapon, thank you very much. You just needed to pre-empt you foes a bit. :p

FUKOOOOV!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Were there any weapons in the FS2 intro?
-C

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Railgunsconventianaly shoot square bullets, that's not far of, infact, it's probably a good design as it allows a large area of contact with the rails. No need to have rounded edges though.

Either way, yes it is superficial, jsut the way the weapon doesnt make a very lasery sound leads me to believe against that.
actualy, mabye not.

FS2 intro was all space, except for a skeletal remains on the planet. You didn't really see any infantry weapons, especially in use.

FUKOOOOV!

The gun you see there is the second one i posted. It´s the minigun. You´re just looking at it from a diferent angle.

I know which gun it is. I also know there's no way it's a minigun.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Boomer

You'll think me stupid, but I want to make sure I get this right.

You guys are using Unreal Runtime Demo right?:o
Viva la UBERBOMB!

"I have no gods, only questions." -Me

A man once came to me and asked me to express a profound thought.  I told him.....<Static>...

Look on the bright side, it looks absolutely nothing like a penis.-Turambar

I reject your reality and substitute my own!