Author Topic: Archived CVS Builds thread  (Read 38094 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
jeses redmenace, slow down! i can't keep up with you!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
It's a current CVS builds thread.  The whole point is to update it as often as possible.  Thus far, redmenace has been great about making it close to daily, which is nice for those of us actually trying to help resolve bugs.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline redmenace

Actually I post any day there is an update to cvs. Anyday I don't post to CVS, most likly there were no commits.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just noticed the new entry in the experimental tab:  "Always Use New AI" or someting like that.  Can anyone shed some light on this addition?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I just noticed the new entry in the experimental tab:  "Always Use New AI" or someting like that.  Can anyone shed some light on this addition?

I KNEW IT!!!  Someone was going to ask about that. :p   (not directed at you, internal joke ;))

It has since been removed.  Basically it just turned on the SCP AI which is just supposed to be a mission flag.  Using SCP AI breaks quite a few missions which is why it's a mission flag, you need to design and test for it.

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/24/05

Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • FRED2_open Inferno Build Posted
  • FRED2_open Updated
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 11:22:45 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/25/05

Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • FRED2_open Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Is the P4 build optimised just for pentium 4's or does it work with athlons?

I might have to try me these out.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Thanks for restoring the thrusters! Though i only got partial 'restoration'. Only thrusterglows are placed to ships, maps are not used. In capitals there are no maps at all (only glows) and in small crafts there are glows with retail thrusters. With CVS 25/10.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 10:37:06 am by 2625 »
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline CaptJosh

The 10/23/05 inferno build gives me the following error:
Error: Can't open model file <>
File:\fs2_open\code\model\modelread.cpp
Line: 1703
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried the 10/16 build. Got the same error.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
That sounds suspicously like a bug I was getting involving the shockwave POF.  If you can find that, remove it and see if the error goes away.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline CaptJosh

So...related to the new VP files somehow?

EDIT: Tried with mv_adveffects gone. (so no shockwave.pof) Still got the error. Tried with most recent standarad build minus mv_adveffects and got the error from both Inferno and TBP.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 04:04:24 pm by 2993 »
CaptJosh

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Hmm, might be table related then.  Do make sure you check data/models for the shockwave as well; you may have installed it when they were first released so it might still be there.

Offline CaptJosh

Ok, I think I found the culprit. TBP and Inferno both are incompatible with the TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm file. I deleted that and everything went back to working as usual.

EDIT: Models was one first places I checked actually. I didn't remember installing the shockwave files seperately, but I checked anyway. However, obviously, from what I just posted, the models are not at issue.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 04:18:17 pm by 2993 »
CaptJosh

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
The whole point of that modular table though was to be 100% compatible with everything.  If it's not working that way, then it's a bug with modular tables and +nocreate.

Offline CaptJosh

I'll mantis it, then.
CaptJosh

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by StratComm
The whole point of that modular table though was to be 100% compatible with everything.  If it's not working that way, then it's a bug with modular tables and +nocreate.

ok, how's about 'Damn the bugs?' :D

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
TBM bug with +nocreate is now fixed.  If affected both ships and weapons TBMs and just didn't get out of the function when it was supposed to.  Simple one line fix.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm noticing something strange with the latest 10/25 build. The release build is crashing immediately at the beginning of one of my missions but the debug one works okay (well, there are a few audio quirks, but it doesn't crash at least). So I can't get any error messages. I tried renaming the release exe as had been suggested earlier, but that had no effect.

Also, the debug build throws up a lot of errors during the mission loading sequence when mv_models.vp is in place. Is anyone else getting that?

By the way, the link to the old 8/28 build on the SCP site is broken. Do any of you have it? That was the last version that worked correctly with my mods/missions, so I would like to just use that for now.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 12:27:26 am by 296 »