Author Topic: IT'S DESTROYED!!!  (Read 51049 times)

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i'm not implying anything, and i certainly hope i didn't offend anybody. if i did i apologise for that.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Guys, don't make me close this one as well.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

You stupid, one of the passengers that called his family said that the terrorists were holding a red box or something that looked like a bomb.

EDIT: That means that I didn't implied anything if you can't understand what I am saying. Sorry but I can't use very well the english form.

[This message has been edited by Snakeseyes (edited 09-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Snakeseyes (edited 09-12-2001).]
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Just remember this people, i read it in a book once, "the monster walks in the guise of the common man".
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
And snakeseyes, it "looked" like a bomb, it doesn't mean it was one if it was, there would have been debris scattered everywhere not a plane shaped scorch mark on the ground.
and, if you think about what has been going on these past few days, it would have been pointless to blow up the plane in mid air.

I hope i didn't upset anyone by putting it this way but it's the truth
   //Warning\\

You can't know what happened. Maybe the bomb went off accidentaly, maybe when the terrorists saw that they were going to loose the control of the plane they prefered to blow it up.
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
yes.. and it could have just been large enough to take down the plane
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
well, the only way one can be sure is that the "black box" is recovered, that is the only way one can be sure about what happened aboard that plane and the other three as well. They're built to survive anything, so i'm sure they'll be recovered soon and we can ALL find out what happened.

[This message has been edited by Turnsky (edited 09-12-2001).]
   //Warning\\

The black box of that plane will be found. I don't know about the other planes' black boxes. I don't believe they could survive the impact, the explosion and the crushing.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions

Originally posted by Stryke 9:
What I wanna know- why didn't the passengers DO anything? I was expecting it to turn out that a third of the passengers on each plane were terrorists, sufficient numbers to subdue the rest if armed. Instead, we learn that at least in that one plane it was ONE GUY, and all of them were armed with a friggin' half- inch boxcutter!
I don't know about anyone else, but if I knew I was gonna die anyway I'd have jumped the hijacker, no matter what he had on him...

Keep in mind...so far the ONLY flight that we know were the passengers knew they were going to die is the flight that crashed and did not hit it's target. The same one were passengers DID attempt something,..at least cell phone chatter stated this.

Now keep this in mind ppl...until now...ALL hijacked planes we've dealt with were not mass murders.....yes some had several deaths...but never have we had a plane hijacked to be used as a bomb. Thus the crew was under the impression "Ok if I try something ppl may be hurt or worse...but if we wait and play calm and do as we're told we may make it out alive"

This has now changed...bet on if another plane is ever hijacked...the passgeners WILL recall this event and the WILL fight back.

Personally I think Pilots and Co-Pilots should be issued a sidearm with lo velocity rounds (which wouldn't pierce the skin of the plane but still take out a person). If a guy in walking secuirty in a SHOPPING MALL is granted a firearm...WTF isn't the guy running a 747???

But one thing is certain...the world itself is now shaken and as Kazan put it...the Dragon has been awakened. Look at all the counties that have for decades opposed the USA...Cuba...Korea,..etc All coming out against this action and in support of the US? No I don't belive it's 100% because it's a terrible thing to have happened,..I believe with all my heart it's more the point of the US has been hit hard and on home soil,..and the world is shaking because they KNOW we will NOT sit back and tlak this one out. Peral Harbor woke the dragon into WW2 and we know how that went. Those at the root of this will pay,..and bet the US will be a different place from now on.

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon
DeathAngel Squadron and Ghosts of the Past Forum
Ghosts of the Past WebSite
To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
We don't, thankfully, get much of the action here. From my viewpoint, it's calmed down, but that's probably just because I haven't had the time to open the TV yet.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Jabu:
We don't, thankfully, get much of the action here. From my viewpoint, it's calmed down, but that's probably just because I haven't had the time to open the TV yet.

That's a ditto here. We've still got live CNN coverage more or less all day, but they've got to run out of things to say eventually.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Warlock:

Keep in mind...so far the ONLY flight that we know were the passengers knew they were going to die is the flight that crashed and did not hit it's target. The same one were passengers DID attempt something,..at least cell phone chatter stated this.

Now keep this in mind ppl...until now...ALL hijacked planes we've dealt with were not mass murders.....yes some had several deaths...but never have we had a plane hijacked to be used as a bomb. Thus the crew was under the impression "Ok if I try something ppl may be hurt or worse...but if we wait and play calm and do as we're told we may make it out alive"

Actually, one of the accounts I heard/read said that the passengers on the hijacked Pittsburgh plane were told that they were heading towards a hi-population target. Which is why they decided to do something. I think I heard that from the mother of Jeremy Glick on TV, but it's not in the on-line reports. I know that there were cases where the terrorists told the passengers to get on the phones and call family to tell them that they were being hi-jacked.

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot

Originally posted by Setekh:
That's a ditto here. We've still got live CNN coverage more or less all day, but they've got to run out of things to say eventually.

Nahhh they'll start talking about how the destruction of the WTC effects global economy and effects such and so... it can go on for a LONG time.

------------------
    -Director of the staff of Hidden Terror.
    -WebMaster of Imperial Productions

The fear always controls our attitude, let us fear no more!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by RKIF-DragonClaw:
Nahhh they'll start talking about how the destruction of the WTC effects global economy and effects such and so... it can go on for a LONG time.

It was kind of more like a hope than a statement. They've been talking about it non-stop over here, I just want it to stop.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot

Originally posted by Setekh:
It was kind of more like a hope than a statement. They've been talking about it non-stop over here, I just want it to stop.

Who doesn't want it to stop? Why keep grieving over the past, get ON with your life!   thats what I say to the news stations... why can't they start reporting on floods again?

------------------
    -Director of the staff of Hidden Terror.
    -WebMaster of Imperial Productions

The fear always controls our attitude, let us fear no more!

Offline Wildfire

• Twilight Falling
But one thing is certain...the world itself is now shaken and as Kazan put it...the Dragon has been awakened. Look at all the counties that have for decades opposed the USA...Cuba...Korea,..etc All coming out against this action and in support of the US? No I don't belive it's 100% because it's a terrible thing to have happened,..I believe with all my heart it's more the point of the US has been hit hard and on home soil,..and the world is shaking because they KNOW we will NOT sit back and tlak this one out. Peral Harbor woke the dragon into WW2 and we know how that went. Those at the root of this will pay,..and bet the US will be a different place from now on.

[/B][/quote]

I take offence to some of that.  The uk isn't shaking and isn't scared of anyone.  We've survived bombing ourselves and the only thing many ppl over here are worried about is being dragged into a war.

I think it's in some treaty somewhere that when America goes to war Britain is obliged to follow suit.

I saw the whole thing live on Sky Digital when I got home except for the first aircraft hitting and was shaken when I acctually could see (live by the way) people falling from the upper storeys to their deaths...I don't want to talk about it anymore so I'm staying quiet to see what's going to happen.

------------------
Burn Baby Burn!
Burn Baby Burn!

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
Hey has anyone hear any word from snipes?
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Not yet, although if enough time passes I'm going to post on the news page to see if anyone else knows.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by Roy fokker:
Hey has anyone hear any word from snipes?

Nope i think he needed to leave his home for some days but i hope he is fine.And his birthday is in 2 or 3 days.Come back Snipes we need you spam.<----- in a good way

------------------

------------------
                          [email protected]                        Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.