Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 267946 times)

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
I'm having a problem on the 2nd half of 'Resupply and Revelation'...

When I clear out the fighters, the bombers arrive OK.  Then they warp out, but the objectives dont seem to clear.  If I warp out then I get the 'no auth to warp out' message :( 

Does anyone have any pointers?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The hail mary mission keeps cutting out, it keeps asking for a pof file........tcov02.pof or similar.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
The hail mary mission keeps cutting out, it keeps asking for a pof file........tcov02.pof or similar.

looks like you're missing the "Saphah" version of the Iceni.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The Cypher's in there, I can use it in fred, and it appears in the credits (V Nice update btw) I'll just rip all the .vp files to a new data folder and try to whittle down the problem...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I have downloaded it and i have got stuck on the mission Descent were you have to rescue the mercs from the Event Horizion, the problem i have is that when i complete all the mission goals and i am ordered to return to base i get the debreifing for a success but when i click to the next level it says that i have failed, i even get the failure music. I have played it several times and i wont let me procced even if i fail the mission more than 5 times. i am using the Zeta Media vps 3.6.8 and build RC2 3.6.9.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline thrawn

Hm, looks like I'm stuck in the campaign.

Spoiler:

In "The enemy of my enemy" the mission seems so run smoothly, but it won't end! The Auriga and the Vigilante escape, as do the two pirate cruisers left after the long range attack at the beginning. All shivan vessels are destroyed (safe those running dragons) and all primary goals seem to be accomplished (again, safe destroying that dragon wing). After that, nothing happens. Every time I jump out, the mission is a failure. Did I miss something?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I'm having some weird sound-related problems trying to play Derelict SCP. On briefings and de-briefings the voice is FUBARed so that you can't really make anything out of it... It has loud sporadic white noise all over it in about 1/3 seconds noise, 1/3 second voice etc. However, in mission everything works completely, the sound is quite normal.

What more important, at first time I didn't even get into mission but the program unexpectedly stopped after some time of that garbled noise. It threw me back onto the console, locked mouse movement and I had to Ctrl-AltBackspace... the keyboard worked, though.  :nervous: It didn't give me any error report that I know of. I'm running Derelict via a short script file named start-derelict that looks like this:

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
#
# Freespace Open aloitustiedosto

echo "Aloitetaan Freespace Open..."

cd /opt/freespace2/

./fs2_open_r -mod Media_VPs, ,Derelict_SCP -spec -glow -jpgtga -mipmap -env -alpha_env -ambient_factor 0 -2d_poof -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -fps -allslev -noscalevid -cache_bitmaps

There you see my command line as well... Anyway, when the program stopped it threw a bit of text onto the console but not a real error message IMO:

Code: [Select]
start-derelict: line 9: 14676 Muistialueen ylitys           
./fs2_open_r -mod Media_VPs, ,Derelict_SCP -spec -glow -jpgtga -mipmap -env -alpha_env -ambient_factor 0 -2d_poof -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -fps -allslev -noscalevid -cache_bitmaps

And that's it. Yes, it's in Finnish, "Muistialueen ylitys" simply means "Memory area exceeded" or perhaps "Memory overflow" or something along those lines.

Now there's obviously two options: Either there's a bug in the build or my sound system has something set wrong. Here's some relevant information:

OS: Ubuntu 6.06 with KDE desktop installed on top of it, running with 2.6.15.25-amd64-k8 kernel

Sound: ALSA with onboard Realtek AC97 sound card

fs2_open build: Taylor's 2006/05/02 build

I should have the latest OpenAL and OGG libraries installed  - at least $ sudo apt-get install libopenal-dev and $sudo apt-get install libogg-dev both return text stating that I already have the most recent versions of these, soo... what gives? AFAIK the Derelict voice files are ogg files, if I'm not completely mistaken.

Otherwise, FSO seems to be working just fine on this system. Or well, there is this other weird thing - all sound (even non-garbled) is delayed noticeably, ie. when I press the trigger the guns do fire immediately but the sound comes as an afterthought, in order of 50-100 ms or something like that. And, as far as I can see it, the env mapping is having some problems, and -ambient_factor 0 doesn't seem to be having any effect... But, it doesn't complain about unrecognized command line parametres either. But these questions should perhaps be asked and answered in SCP forum...

Anyway, that's my problem with briefing / de-briefing voice. For some reason it plays as crap. Has anyone else had this problem? And if you need any additional information, I'll be happy to provide it.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Hm, looks like I'm stuck in the campaign.

Spoiler:

In "The enemy of my enemy" the mission seems so run smoothly, but it won't end! The Auriga and the Vigilante escape, as do the two pirate cruisers left after the long range attack at the beginning. All shivan vessels are destroyed (safe those running dragons) and all primary goals seem to be accomplished (again, safe destroying that dragon wing). After that, nothing happens. Every time I jump out, the mission is a failure. Did I miss something?

Bump.

Exact same issue.

EDIT: There seems to be some issue with the SEXPs going off for the return to base message.

Criteria is is Zodiac leaves/destroyed(bomber wing) AND Cancer(fighter wing) leaves/destroyed and Vigilent has departed. When that happens, there's a send message to return to base. However that dosn't link into anything.

EDIT once again: That SEXP however dosn't DO anything.

There are two other events, identical ones, that go 'when key pressed(alt-j) happens, do nothing'.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 01:26:27 pm by Ace Pace »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm willing to take a look at this one seeing as Blaise doesn't seem to be around but I'm not going to read the whole thread to see exactly what the problem is so I'll need someone to restate which mission (filename please) and what the exact problem is (Unless the quote from Thrawn directly above summarises it completely).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I'm willing to take a look at this one seeing as Blaise doesn't seem to be around but I'm not going to read the whole thread to see exactly what the problem is so I'll need someone to restate which mission (filename please) and what the exact problem is (Unless the quote from Thrawn directly above summarises it completely).

It does, that post plus mine gives most information I could find. Filename is dl3-02.fs2.

Abit more info if you need it:

A sucessful mission is when the Return to Base Criteria is (not?) 0, but in the event window, I see nothing related to that.
I'll skip the Vigilent dead status.
AWOL is when both Return to base is 0 and Mission failure is(not?) 0.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
I don't think there's anything I can do.

Breakdown!

The Derelict campaign file checks to see if the event 'Return to Base criteria' returned true (with a '0' second delay) and the event 'Mission a failure' returned false. If both events return correctly, then the player progresses to the next mission. If 'Return to Base criteria' returns false or 'Mission a failure' returns true, then the campaign SEXP doesn't fire and the next one, which makes the player repeat the mission, does (automatically).

The event 'Mission a failure' becomes true when the Vigilant has been destroyed for at least 0 seconds, i.e. instantaneously. You can tell when this event returns true because, aside from the Vigilant being dead, Command sends a message:

Quote from: Command
Alpha, the Vigilant has been destroyed. You're of no further use here. Return to base.

In a successful playthrough, you won't see this message, because you won't let the Vigilant die.

'Mission a failure' returns false when either the Vigilant departs from the battlefield, because it can no longer be killed, or when the mission ends and the event hasn't become true, in which case it automatically becomes false as it can no longer happen (due to being out of mission time).

'Return to Base criteria' returns true when Zodiac wing (the Dragon wing) has been destroyed or has been departed for 6 seconds, when Cancer wing (the Manticore wing) has been destroyed for 6 seconds, and when the Vigilant has been departed for 6 seconds. Again, you know this event has triggered because Command tells you so:

Alpha, we've traced their transmissions. Return to base!

Obviously it returns false if Cancer wing depart (impossible, as Cancer wing have no cue to depart and so never will) or if the Vigilant is destroyed.

Debriefings will confirm event status again. Command will praise you if 'Return to Base criteria' is true, get upset if 'Mission a failure' is true, and give you the standard AWOL debrief if neither are true. You'll know you passed the mission if Command tells you:

It seems we accomplished two things on this mission, pilot.

There doesn't seem to be a flaw in the logic of this little SEXP pairing. Neither can be both true at the same time, since they're mutually incompatible: the Vigilant can't both be destroyed and departed at the same time. Both can return false at mission end, if the Vigilant has neither died nor departed, or if Zodiac hasn't died or departed, or if Cancer hasn't died, but you get told off for going AWOL in the debrief and must repeat. The same applies if 'Mission a failure' is true and 'Return to Base criteria' is false, except you get a debrief moaning about the Vigilant's loss. And, of course, if 'Return to Base criteria' is true, you get a nice debrief and pass the mission.

Or you should, anyway.  :confused:

Well, as I said, I couldn't find the logic flaw, yet I still have no idea what causes this to happen. Could it be something simple like a false instead of true?

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
It could, but it isn't.

He BR,

I tried to merge all u'r VPs in a single one. I start it up and it works great but there is no sound/in-game voice/music yet all the necessary files in their appropriate folder

(PS: I also tried to do this for FS2 vps (smarty, root, sparky etc) but same problem everythin works just there aint no sounds whatsoever)

I kinda prefer one (large) vp over multiple (smaller) ones, but that's just my flavor.

It could, but it isn't.

:confused: I'm going to try just skipping that mission, but it's very annoying.

So whats the explanation for the no sound problem after merging the vp's?

Offline thrawn

None of those three quotes from Command appear to me as I play the mission. However, I have just noticed that there are two Derelict1SCP-files at the download page. I don't know which one I have downloaded, but is there a recommendation which of those I should use (if that file contains anything capable of causing this weird problem, of course)?

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
So whats the explanation for the no sound problem after merging the vp's?

I don't know, as I'm not someone who actually knows how VP files are made and organised. My tentative guess is that when confronted with a colossal VP crammed full of absolutely everything, the game gives up and goes home. The solution I suggest is to not make a colossal VP crammed full of absolutely everything in the first place.

None of those three quotes from Command appear to me as I play the mission.

You should encounter at least one of them if you're getting the order to return to base. Of course, if you're not getting the return to base order, that would explain why you're not passing the mission and progressing through the campaign.

However, I have just noticed that there are two Derelict1SCP-files at the download page. I don't know which one I have downloaded, but is there a recommendation which of those I should use (if that file contains anything capable of causing this weird problem, of course)?

They're both voiceacting packs. So it doesn't matter.

Now that FileFront has gotten their act together, I can get them sorted out.