Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 268448 times)

Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
so does everyone else. i've lost count how many references theres been to that :P

I liked the inclusion of the Nekhbet, that was a nice touch.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Which character did you voice?

I was Alpha 3.

People say I was one of the best voices in the campaign, but I dunno... I really think I can do better. :doubt:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:25:47 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline aRaven

then do better next time :P

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
It's official, I definitely hate how I sound. It really makes me want to redo this. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline aRaven

I'm not holding you back ^^

Offline GS059

has anyone had a problem with the 9th mish where the little pod keeps running into the station until it dies cosing you to fail the mish?

:welcome:

i dont know the speach, so, ya.... can someone fill it in?

which SCP build are you using? this happenes quite frequently. try an older build, IIRC 3.6.7 works well for this.

Offline GS059

I am using 3.6.9
where might I be able to dl previous versions?

heres a link to 3.6.7, it should help

http://scp.indiegames.us/request.php?134

sorry, dead link. i'll try to find a working one

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
I don't think it's the build. I play it on 369 and it's fine.

Offline GS059

I don't think it's the build. I play it on 369 and it's fine.

than, has anyone had the problem?
I am going to play it again tonight and post a link to a pic of what happens... or a video... not sure which one, but I should have something up later...
:edit:
video
stupid hourly transfer rates apply to this link... so you might not be able to see it right now...
:/edit:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:50:31 am by GS059 »

siz, are you sure? look back further in this thread. they blame that on a positioning bug in 3.6.9

Offline GS059

siz, are you sure? look back further in this thread. they blame that on a positioning bug in 3.6.9

than do you know where I can get 3.6.7?

The Freespace Source Code Project website? It is in the links on the top of your screen.

i tried earlier, that link there is dead.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
has anyone had a problem with the 9th mish where the little pod keeps running into the station until it dies cosing you to fail the mish?

Just to confirm. Your trouble mission is "Rites of Pasage", isn't it?

If the answer is yes, you have the explanation here: Mantis 1168. (Maybe you'll have to create an account to access Mantis first). It's not a build problem but a model problem with the GTSC Faustus.

And if you are suffering it, it means you aren't using MediaVps in a good way. Mediavps 3.6.8+zeta patches "fix" this problem. Please check you have this version properly installed.

Also, please look in -mod launcher flag help in Wiki how to set up your Derelict mod.ini file. I upload mine nevertheless but ADJUST THE EXACT FOLDER NAMES YOU ARE USING if needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline GS059

I am still not using mediavp's, I guess that is my first problem...

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I am still not using mediavp's, I guess that is my first problem...
Hey the game looks MUCH BETTER with mediavps. They don't add anything more, (they don't change game behaviour in any way). You should install them right now:
  • Download them from mediavps thread. Do not forget alpha patches.
  • Install them in a folder inside your Freespace2 main folder. The exact name isn't really important, but as it is a standard, call this folder mediavps.
  • If you just want to play FS2 main campaign, select this folder as mod in Launcher Tab. If you want any other mod to use this art enhacement, do it through MOD.INI files in each mod folder.
  • An advice if you don't know it. USE DIFFERENT PILOTS FOR EACH MOD (yes capital, bold and underlined). Because several pilot code issues, pilot files can get corrupted quite easily. The common symptom is that you don't have the expected available weapons or ships in mission briefings. Till SCP team fixes it (in future 3.7 build), be extremely careful with your pilot management.

So, mediavps shouldn't "fix" anything but the problem here is that retail model for Faustus and enhaced mediavps edition aren't exactly compatible.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline GS059

An advice if you don't know it. USE DIFFERENT PILOTS FOR EACH MOD (yes capital, bold and underlined). Because several pilot code issues, pilot files can get corrupted quite easily.
I found that out a long time ago when I was playing fs1, when I tried to restart the campaign too many times it would just start crashing a lot....

you guys were not kidding when you said that the mediavp's make the game look much better....

after installing the mediavp's and loading derelict with them, the problem is cleared up...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:32:38 pm by GS059 »