Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 63917 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
This was with the 3.6.8 beta VP's, though it seems they've been updated today too and I don't have those versions yet. Would that fix the problem?
Yep.

Offline G613

• Galaxy613
Shazbot! It's released and I have to leave already tomarrow and won't get back till 2006! :( Oh well... good luck everyone and have a happy new years! :yes:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
hey, is that animation code update in here yet? gotta change my tables again.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
You could put a debug version to the zip file too... Though it is nice to get fred_o and fs_o builds in a same package. Standard build package lacks debug build.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

What's the difference between the inferno, optimized, and standard builds?

Yes, I too would like to know the difference.  Someone please elaborate.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Inferno builds allow you to play campaigns which feature more than 130 ship types (Doing so breaks multiplayer though). Since no campaign I'm aware of has actually been released that needs this you only need an Inferno build if you are working on the campaign Inferno (or another campaign that does the same thing).

Optimised are basically optimised to run faster on certain processors. I forget which ones.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

Anything with SSE2+ (P4, XP, AMD64, X2, etc)
-C

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
Got a problem related to the turrets:
Error: TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm(line 5:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$animation=triggered].

The rest is the same. I downloaded all of the 3.6.8 VP's under CVS 12/09/05.
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
It seems that the you have the support for the new animation code entires in the build you are using (29/12) but the media VPs are older ones that do not have that change included. You should redownload atleast mv_core.vp (3.6.8 beta) or use older builds.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
CVS 12/09/05.

Oops, meant 29/12/05  :p
Used an older build (CVS 22/12/05) and now the problem is:
mv_turretangle-shp.tbm(line 5:

Blah, blah, blah...

And I downloaded the mediaVP's yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 04:26:27 am by Murderous Species »
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline WMCoolmon

The new set of VPs require 12/29 or later (at least mv_core does).

The old set of VPs require 12/22 or earlier (at least mv_core does).
-C

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Told you that you needed to make that warning bigger :p

Is it worth to try LAN play on any current CVS code?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline WMCoolmon

Told you that you needed to make that warning bigger :p

I did.
-C

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Not quickly enough evidently :)

Is it worth to try LAN play on any current CVS code?

Any reason why it shouldn't? I haven't played a LAN game for a couple of weeks but the build from back then worked fine.

Ah, it works.

A whole bunch of crashes, and a media error in the new VP's (helios_tech.pof is missing)

The OGL odd screen colour bug is still there on all systems, but on the Geforce 2 Windows ME machine it only happens with the pause screens and such, and no longer on some of the others. Also, the colour is still system-dependent.

A lot of odd crashes, generally without error, and the joystick regognisition is a bit off (selecting the joystick won't work on my dads system, you need to select the paddles instead of the joystick to make all the joystick buttons work. Paddles are USB (dunno brand/model, will look up) joystick is Saitek X-52 (HOTAS) (USB as well) WinXP Pro.

Also, after clicking on the OK button on the rror message about the missing pof, in game you've got two mouse pointers, one from windows and one from the game. The Game one works, the windows one is just disctracting. When using 1280*1024, they're not synchronous.

Errorles CTD's are semi-common, once every 3 missions. They're the variant of 'An error occured and we need to close the app, do you want Microsoft to know?' Not sure if they're triggerd by anything

Might be interesting to know: My brothers system got the 'white ship bug' while playing single player (ME, GF2, 384MB RAM, P4, last set of drivers to support the GF2 Ultra), but no-one got it during multiplayer. Also, no odd textures have been spotted (such as vasudan tex's on a Deimos.)
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
O_o there is really a problem with joystick like X52 ?

No, just when you have it installed together with a pair of padles.

And it works fine, just not as the settings say.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
No, just when you have it installed together with a pair of padles.

And it works fine, just not as the settings say.

Ah, ok. Because I've just got one to replace my NGC paddle.