Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64218 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I didn't try with the main Fs2 campaign, but in my SW mod, enemy fighter and bomber are more dangerous than before. Their evasive action is better, as well for their accuracy and the way they moved (they use their full speed and bomber attack any cruiser faster).

You're right actually, there is definitely something up with the AI in this build. I tried one of my missions and my wingmen weren't carrying out their initial orders at all, just standing still instead. Looks like a major bug.

Offline Mewgen1

looks like you are using old media vps.

Well I had the 3.6.7 VPs (including all 3 patches) from the SCP download page (http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?list.2).  I still get the same problem.  Are there newer VPs someplace?  The third patch says something about a 3.6.8 beta VP, but I havent seen it anywhere.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
The 3.6.8 vps (now Deltas) can be found in a sticky thread in the FS Upgrade forums on this site.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The most recent build of FRED is crashing a hell of a lot for me. It seems to occur whenever I use any of WMCoolmons SEXPs (cutscene or the object speed ones) but not with the others (Except the get-object-x and get-object-relative-x SEXPs). Furthermore FRED offers me different options from the popup menu for these ships. Instead of Alpha 1 being the default option I get <any traitor> and then this weirdness. THe 9/1/2006 build is fine. Haven't tried any intermediate builds yet.

:lol:

Crap, that must be due to the newly-added IFF mod.  Can you mantis everything?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 05:38:22 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Mewgen1

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction StratComm, now downloading....

There are lot of Problems regarding Default IFF, I have some missions where Aspect Seeking Missiles can lock to Friendly targets, another problem is that I get a "Team: " or unfilled data Team in Missions that Team are set right, you just get into a text editing and you can see its okay.

In FRED2 Debug Build it reports there is no Default IFF for any Species, it doesn't matter if it is specified in the Species_def.tbl or the -sdf.tbm, it just ignores it, and keep reporting it (the same for Colour and AWACS Multiplier)
Also sometimes it messes team, like you set it to "Friendly", but it appears in "Red" colour, maybe it's only messing colours......

I am using Inferno........but the CVS Build is the Standard (non-INF)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I have some missions where Aspect Seeking Missiles can lock to Friendly targets
I noticed that recently with FSPort and thought it was a code issue but it wasn't (unless this bit of code has changed function).  The mission had the "+All Teams Attack" flag set and that makes all ships fight each other.  I'm not sure if that was the original behavior of that flag or not though.  Check the mission and if that flag is set just remove it and everything should work normally again.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
:lol:

I don't think I included the pic. Everything else is in :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
where's the new CVS'? i need a fixed build that can friggin' play Derelict SCP.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
First page. Where they've always been. :p

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm really waiting for the next build here. This 1/16 version has several problems that have been fixed since it was posted.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The 18/01 build is up. It's just not posted.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i want the 20060124 build. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The 18/01 build is up. It's just not posted.

I tried that one but it doesn't incorporate the ogg file crash issue, which I think was added a day later. I'm back to the ever reliable 9/17 for now.

Offline redmenace

be patient please I have been working all last week and had to go into work today as well as going to class all day so cut me a little more slack.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I tried that one but it doesn't incorporate the ogg file crash issue, which I think was added a day later. I'm back to the ever reliable 9/17 for now.

What's this ogg file crash? I think that's my issue with Derelict-SCP.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
be patient please I have been working all last week and had to go into work today as well as going to class all day so cut me a little more slack.

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest that it was taking too long. I was just wondering when the next one would be out. The 9/17 version has almost everything I need anyway; it has none of the post-3.6.7 crashing and AI bugs and has working environmental mapping. The only issues with it are relatively minor, that the briefing icons don't show in D3D mode and there is no mirrored briefing icon support.

What's this ogg file crash? I think that's my issue with Derelict-SCP.

The game just freezes when loading up certain ogg files. I encountered this in several of my missions. I think it's been fixed.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The game just freezes when loading up certain ogg files. I encountered this in several of my missions. I think it's been fixed.

Yep. That's exactly what I'm getting.

Offline redmenace

That wasn't directed at you, CP5670.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/23/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat