Author Topic: Inferno: Alliance Released!  (Read 120950 times)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Re: Inferno: Alliance Released!
 :eek2:  :eek2:  :eek2: :eek:  :eek:

I've opened F3 viewer and I've seen you've improved nearly ALL FS1 terran fighter/bomber models.

Although I know how to dig to learn which models and textures are used in each fighter and then, I can copy them to FSPort, can you post a list of all the POFs saying what textures they use (if available)?

Moreover, please, can you work together with FSPort crew so all your GREAT work can be directly used in it?.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Well check the textures by yourself...

I think FSPort will use the HTL FS1 ships without any problem.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Centrixo

Moreover, please, can you work together with FSPort crew so all your GREAT work can be directly used in it?.

woomeister and other person(s) are currently developing another inferno release most probably, its a good idea but i think woomeister and his crew need a break because hes putting all that effort in this mod and doing such a great job at it.

but then again im not woomeister :pimp:.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Most of the maps are the ones used by individually released HTL models from the upgrade forum, or are the original FS1 maps. The only thing that needs doing is to extract the HTL pack models and rename them to their FS1 filenames (like INF_Valk.pof becomes Fighter05.pof)

The only problem would be I didn't do updates for the Ulysses, Loki and Zeus :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Good news:INFA ships are working fine with Steadfast! I had some problems with the sounds,but now all appears to be ok!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well for the port only the models are needed, so there would be no issue with sounds or armour :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Steadfast in an Inferno Alliance/Inferno R1 campaigns now...sounds good...

As for the FS Port,we are using only the Imhotep. I thought using INFA stuff with INFR1 could have caused some crashes but everyone is ok.

There were problems with sounds because of FS2 ships. I've been listening Aurora loop sounds and Sath Rift ones for a period...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The INF:A sound table is based off the INF SCP one which is a rebuilt R1 table, which is different to the regular FS2 one. So there's probably a few issues at first there :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
We should inform Dark Hunter,his Dreamcatcher could have the same problems.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Hello? What are these issues?

I haven't been messing with the sounds table, nor do I plan at this time to be introducing INF:A ships to Dreamcatcher. The era difference is simply too great. INF:A takes place... when? 2350? While Dreamcatcher begins in 2409. Be a bit of a difference in the technological levels, if you know what I mean.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

A small note: In the INFA readme it says that OpenGL was required.  On my PC OpenGL play was pretty choppy, so I switched to Direct3D8 with no negative results (gameplay was much faster.) 

Although I noticed that the Zagreus' color went from a pale green to an odd shade of blue.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
D3D is currently supported by the coders really, that's why the readme says OGL only in case they do decide to remove D3D in the future.

for some reason ogl is not too well liked by my system.  it beats me.

although i am beginning to suspect that it's related to the performance of my FSB.  argh.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Hello? What are these issues?

I haven't been messing with the sounds table, nor do I plan at this time to be introducing INF:A ships to Dreamcatcher. The era difference is simply too great. INF:A takes place... when? 2350? While Dreamcatcher begins in 2409. Be a bit of a difference in the technological levels, if you know what I mean.

The true problem is with FS2 ships anyway.

In Steadfast now there are many Great War era fighters and bombers and they fill a perfect role in the storyline.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline ShivanSpS

Great! downloading now :D

But I going to really miss S:AH, that whas a great one.

for some reason ogl is not too well liked by my system.  it beats me.

although i am beginning to suspect that it's related to the performance of my FSB.  argh.
Try the latest drivers from http://www.ngohq.com/, your are a bit older I think. My OGL crashes went away when I changed.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I hate to say it, but INF:A is basically crap.

It's well-FREDded crap. The mission designer obviously knew what they were doing. But that only makes the very basic nature of the missions, briefings, and debriefings even more disturbing, for so much more could have been done. Every charge I've ever heard leveled at Silent Threat applies to INF:A, only more so. The story is poorly presented and not very coherent, the FREDding technically competent but very basic. (Which further detracts from the story; the Megara's appearance mission, for example, lacks the kind of work that made the appearance of the Diablo in R1 so well-done.) Even INF:A's modelling and texturing isn't particularly good.

I am, perforce, sorely disappointed, and sincerely hope that INF:A2 and R2 are not afflicted with similar conditions.

Sol A History has you beat on all counts, I fear.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
IMO S:AH was a ****ty mish-mash of FS1 and Inferno ships. It didn't even have a single mod except for the JCD Majesty, which sucked. And some of the missions IMO were just complete ****ty ****ing crap (that one where you attack the station with the civies and military was completely ****ed up). The only good chapter was Chapter 1 since it didn't look like a jumbled heap of FS1 and Inferno ships.

But I kinda agree the Megaera's first appearance was pretty crap. Jumped in started talking. Then it fired a crappy beam. However I still like it a lot more than Sol: A History, that one sucked.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Even INF:A's modelling and texturing isn't particularly good.
In what way?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think he means the 'feel' of the ship?