Poll

What is your favourite capital ship in Freespace 2 (try to pick Shivan and Terran)

Sathanas
Lucifer (Not in the game I know, but it can be placed in FRED)
Orion
Colossus
Leviathan
Ravana
Demon
Rakshasa
Sobek
Hatsheput
Iceni
Cain
Lilith (practically same as cain but oh well)
Hippocrates
Arcadia (more of a base really but still It's a significant installation)
Deimos
Aeolous

Author Topic: Favourite Cap ship  (Read 46286 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Flack canons in the front will tear you appart. Also it is important to note that a Sobek is also smaller then the Deimos if im not mistaken.

As for the Hattie i believe it is a bit larger then the Orion and the Hecate.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Oh yea. Darn lever laws.

Anyway, if it is close enough the Fenris might manage to fly in between the BFRed spikes...
What about an orion, or a corvette, a bomber wing could quickly take out those flaks (in that case, alpha one could brutalize flaks and beams in a few minutes [15, 20, 25? Less, more?] and a head on confrontation with a hecate or typhoon and the destroyer would PWN the juggernaut!!)

Oh yea. Darn lever laws.

Anyway, if it is close enough the Fenris might manage to fly in between the BFRed spikes...
What about an orion, or a corvette, a bomber wing could quickly take out those flaks (in that case, alpha one could brutalize flaks and beams in a few minutes [15, 20, 25? Less, more?] and a head on confrontation with a hecate or typhoon and the destroyer would PWN the juggernaut!!)

a) Typhon.

Hmm. What if the Sathanas repeatedly microjumps and crashes into the Orion/Hecate/Typhoon with 200 m/s speed?
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Nothing in the game has ever shown the ability to microjump

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Inferno is invading people's minds? Ahahahaha...

Inferno is invading people's minds? Ahahahaha...

Sounds alot more like JAD.

Well, all it gotta do is a 200 meter intrasystem jump, ram it's claws up the victims ass and fire those BFReds.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm glad Shivans don't run customs.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Well, all it gotta do is a 200 meter intrasystem jump, ram it's claws up the victims ass and fire those BFReds.

How do you know it's possible. It could be too precise to be possible.

Bah. And the others bashed me for not understanding some silly joke :rolleyes:

So, they get out all shivans aboard and command them to push the sath until it speeds up to 200 m/s (which is, like seen on some ST bonus video, quite possible)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
(which is, like seen on some ST bonus video, quite possible)

Which one?

Well, I'm not sure if it IS from ST, but some video shows a Shivan jumping on a terran transport or so and slicing it open. Okay, maybe not SO canon.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So, what would the Shivans push against?

Well. If they can make huge forceful leaps and kill transports, why shouldn't they be able to get behind the Sathanas and give it that small boost.
Maybe they have a methan ejecting drive, we don't really know much about sheevees.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Jumps. You can't jump off nothing. Besides, FS doesn't use newtonain physics anyway so none of this would work. Even if it did, I'm sure the massive engines of the Sathanas can provide more thrust than a few thousand Shivans.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
That was a Thoth, IIRC.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, and all the Shivan did was just smash the cockpit. The Shivan didn't rip it in half or anything.

Ah. OK then.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Doesn't matter, if the sath was travelling at 1 m/p/s and managed to impact a freighter, the shear (seer, sheer, chear...) size advantage over the freighter would mean enough power to completely PWN the freighter. Think of a slow moving ship colliding with a car. It's own momentum will keep it going even if the ships engines fail (well, depending on the resistance, and how far the car was from the beach).

Offline dan7564

Voted for the sobek first, looks tottaly sweet, and the fact that it was designed to take on cap ships bigger than it gives it a, bring it on attitude. nothing like seeing its vslash licking a destroyer, like a huge samurai slash across it.

i put my other vote for the iceni but i would have prefered to vote for either the moloch or the Typhon first which arn't even there, the moloch is hell cool and has its own fiher bay, and the typhon is also hell cool and real tough probably tougher than the orian in the great war.

Loved taking down the anvil, unfortunaly the titan has some core week points, shot two harbingers as one of its back turrets, if you get the right one you take out the turet the two on the other side and one or two improtant subsystems if i remeber corectly. but looking at the art work for hte typhon when its all lit up in my FS:GW case it looks so sweet and coulerful. I was always a fan o the PVd pinnacle and PVD Hope.