Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061710 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
Seriously considering enlisting in the Army.  I can't find a job around here, my dad can't afford to support me, and I can't afford to support myself if he can't.  Gonna keep looking for the next couple weeks (and get started toward at least passably being in shape), but if I can't find anything by about the first week of July, that's where I'm headed.
Have you left College? If not, getting onto dat dere ROTC isn't a bad idea if the Army's a serious consideration. Don't you have a double engineering degree or something? How on Earth do YOU not have a job?  :shaking:
ROTC ain't a bad choice, but depending on whether you're out of college or not you may not be able to take that path if you want to commission as an officer. Like Dilmah said it really depends on what your interests are. More than anything though I recommend doing some research.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Seriously considering enlisting in the Army.  I can't find a job around here, my dad can't afford to support me, and I can't afford to support myself if he can't.  Gonna keep looking for the next couple weeks (and get started toward at least passably being in shape), but if I can't find anything by about the first week of July, that's where I'm headed.
Have you left College? If not, getting onto dat dere ROTC isn't a bad idea if the Army's a serious consideration. Don't you have a double engineering degree or something? How on Earth do YOU not have a job?  :shaking:
I'm two years into a double engineering degree.  Somewhere around February I realized that I was going to less and less classes, and that no matter what my options were I'd be racking up more and more debt, so I decided to cut the cycle of failed classes and mounting loans before it really got started.

ROTC isn't really even under consideration right now.  Enlisting isn't a 100% sure thing yet either, and I won't be heading into a recruiting office until I'm sure I've exhausted my options for employment around here first.  If I can't manage to find anything, then I'll go (this'll be the third round of job hunting I'll have done this year already).

MOSs under consideration are currently infantry, armor, artillery, engineer, and logistics/ordnance.  Eyesight disqualifies me from aviation, or that would be up there to. :P

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
The eyesight thing's a farce, mate. LASIK is an acceptable surgery option to meet the required vision standard; you'd be well advised to talk to your MEPS question the wisdom of your leaders...

i mean wait what

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
MOSs under consideration are currently infantry, armor, artillery, engineer, and logistics/ordnance.  Eyesight disqualifies me from aviation, or that would be up there to. :P

Oh come on, everybody knows your awesome at shooting down UFO's in HLPX-COM!
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I get a kitten today!  Hooray kittens!!! :-D
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
pics or it didn't happen

:333

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Realized today that it might take longer than a couple weeks for me to get over to enlistment office.  I'm really out of shape.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Realized today that it might take longer than a couple weeks for me to get over to enlistment office.  I'm really out of shape.

navy
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Rephrasing: I can't run worth a damn and need to get better at it, regardless of branch of service.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Rephrasing: I can't run worth a damn and need to get better at it, regardless of branch of service.

What, do you do some Monty Python silly run? How can one not be able to run worth a damn

English language aside, I know what you meant
"No"

Offline z64555

• Steam
nah, he meant worth_a_damn.exe.  :nervous:
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Finally watched 'Iron Sky' not even 5 mins ago.

Bloody good fun, I say.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I concur. Had a very good 1/3 of the movie.

Cardio's easy to get good at, luckily.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Indeed.I've gone through my fair share of (American) football camps and practices, I'm just six months out of shape of last year's marching band, and four years out of shape for anything else. :P

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Go Air Force? 1.5 mile run for the tests... :p

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
just took delivery of my new MQ998 watch/phone.  In terms of phone functionality it's fairly basic... but its a watch and a phone in one :D
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline z64555

• Steam
just took delivery of my new MQ998 watch/phone.  In terms of phone functionality it's fairly basic... but its a watch and a phone in one :D

The FM radio tuner is a nice feature. But, um, how do you, you know, use the phone function?
chief1983

------------

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

The FM radio tuner is a nice feature. But, um, how do you, you know, use the phone function?

it has a speaker phone which is the usual rubbish quality, it comes with an uncomfortable USB headset so will be looking to replace that if i can and has bluetooth so it might work with a headset but no mention of it in the manual so I will dig out my old one later and see
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
http://i.imgur.com/YI01l.jpg

And my first thought is "IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE"

INNNNNTEEERRRNEEEEETTTTT!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story