Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061727 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
 :nono:

I thought I was past drunken posts...
Still AWESOMESAUCE night that I had to share :wakka:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i ****ed up linux on my pi trying to install bluetooth, so i restored the original image file. now i cant remember what i did to get my network to work. **** LINUX!!! im installing riscos as soon as the pi version comes out.

also keeping the raspberry pi powered is a chore by itself. i dont have a single adapter that can source the neccisary ampage. so running off batteries is what ive been doing. of course being makeshift battery packs i made from a dead laptop's battery, they dont have any safety circuitry. i have a shottkey diode protecting my polatity not that there arent 50 other ways the supply can short out and fail, being built on a breadboard and all. seems the maximum output you can get out of an lm7805 in a to-220 package is about an amp and a half. assuming you have a good heatsink. now the pi uses about 700ma. so long as you don try to stick a wifi dongle on it or a bluetooth dongle on it your fine. if you do, you need moar ampage.

i also found a big ass chipset heatsink from a mobo i threw away a long time ago, and i bolted it to my main regulator, so it can source the full 1500 ma. 700ma to the pi, 800ma to the usb hub and all its crap.  id prefer 2 amps, sending most of it to the usb hub and only source what is neccisary for the pi. i hear you can hook two 7805s to the same power supply, and connect their outputs together with a small resistance between it and the output rail. and this effectively gives you 3 amps with a large heatsink on each.

of course thats not really gonna work. running batteries most of it will get wasted as heat. as soon as the batteries drop below 7 volts (2 lithium, cells in series, balance charged), the regulated voltage starts to drop as well. their nominal voltage is 7.4 volts, and im charging them to slightly over 8 volts, which is probibly higher than you should go with a lithium battery. but it only seems to last a couple hours and then the pi starts acting all glitchey because it doesnt have enough power. i really need a switch mode regulator. i could just hook my helicopter battery too it and it will run all day.

im sure if i take a rock to one of my switch mode regulators i can pull out the ic that handles everything. and then it only takes about a page of math to set it up the way you want. and to wrap your own inductors becuse its that or a bunch of unlabeled salvaged inductors. you only need one though. its mostly capacitors, for filtering and storage. i could just buy a module, a ubec or one of the simpler more expensive single chip switching regulators. but i dont have the 4 bucks neccisary to buy one and dont really want to wait 3 more weeks till i get more money. maybe i could steal something.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
After several weeks of crash-course C++ STL template learning, fighting with DLL's and linker configurations, I've finally made a program that can spit out the beginnings of a .OBJ file by using a custom made OBJ file buffer API.

Code: [Select]
# lib_Zobj v0.0.0

v1 1 2 -42

# 1 geometry vertices,
# 0 texture vertices, and
# 0 normal vertices

p  v1
# 1 points
# 1 point groups

Feeling a bit like a boss at the moment.  :yes:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
I hate cars. Cars suck. **** cars.

Disclaimer: I just failed the road test :(
I failed it yesterday too man. Wasn't insta-failed but failed 3 out of 5 sections by a point each (our test consists of 5 sections of which you need to pass 4). Biggest killer was my 'Vehicle Management', I was a bit of a derp hillstarting and had a habit of coasting. My instructor never picked up that I did it (and so neither did I), but my examiner certainly did. Oh well! Everyone passes it sometime!
Taiwan has the most lazy driving instruction practices. We basically drove on the same course as the test for one month. There are markers (removed during the test) to show where to stop and go, and the instructors tell you to memorize how many turns of the wheel and what to look at in your mirrors in each section... and still some people failed!

No wonder there are so many car accidents in Taiwan...  :nono:

In other car news, I ****ing hate title and registration fees...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
It's even worse over here.  The biggest deal in most state tests is the dreaded parallel parking...a skill which I have yet to need to use since my license test some eight years ago.  The "road portion" for me consisted of going through the parking lot of the shopping center where the DMV office was, taking a right-hand turn out onto the main road, and then coming back into the parking lot.  It took all of ten minutes, if that.

I didn't have to parallel park, but I did have a portion of the test where you have to reverse parallel to the curb until the instructor tells you to stop.  In California hitting the curb at any point is an instant fail, so that's a harrowing part of the test.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Got to watch K-State stomp Miami (FL) into the turf 51-13.  Texas A&M is bulldozing over Florida, and even KU is winning.

Go (current and former) Big 12!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
I just take the bus
**** all this driving ****

I'll walk and bus wherever I need to go
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Shared a spicy mexican pizza tonight with some friends while we watched DVDs, and we completely doused the thing in hot sauce. And once again, I forgot to wash my hands before taking a piss.  :banghead:
 Despite cleaning my junk off in short order, that **** is still burning!

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I may have burned the top layer of cheese on a Stoffer's lasagna and incinerated the top of the tray. But damn it, that was good lasagna! (Once the burned parts were removed, of course.)

Also tried to resuscitate some Pizza Hut breadsticks from a few days ago. They were more like massive croutons than breadsticks.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
lol, its all sauce. make your own and dont get jacked.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Shared a spicy mexican pizza tonight with some friends while we watched DVDs, and we completely doused the thing in hot sauce. And once again, I forgot to wash my hands before taking a piss.  :banghead:
 Despite cleaning my junk off in short order, that **** is still burning!
-snip-

heres the point where i burst your buble and tell you that the stuff that makes hot food hot, is not water soluble.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
what the hell do you do in your piss routine that gets whatever is on your hands up IN your junk? 

or is it just covered in open sores?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
what the hell do you do in your piss routine that gets whatever is on your hands up IN your junk? 

or is it just covered in open sores?

Not in, on.

Edit: No sores, just sensitve skin.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Yes, but the penis is covered in that lovely material called skin that's supposed to not erupt in burning agony when hot sauce is applied to it, since we get hot sauce on our fingers all the time.  Your penis must be damn sensitive to react that way.  Put that organ to proper use then! ;7
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
so it has come to this.  :nono:

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Maybe said skin was... removed :shaking:

Ouch, yeah, hot sauce there would be a total *****.  Theoretically though, with careful positioning of the hands it should be possible to avoid that area.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
*snort* *snort*

It amazes me how the penis continues to be a problem for numerous men.

Thankfully, I have the sense to wash my hands before going to piss, especially after my hands have gotten chemicals/sauces/substances which may or may not burn my penis.

Pain is really not that bad for me, though. It's very annoying, however. My side has hurting for a while, and while it's gotten better, it means I have to be gentle when I'm sleeping on my right, otherwise it can flare up and make going to sleep harder. It's very frustrating at times, because I mostly sleep on my sides - laying down is fine and all, but it gets uncomfortable when I'm sleeping.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I just take the bus
**** all this driving ****

I'll walk and bus wherever I need to go
Yeah, try doing that when there aren't any buses around. :p