Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 451552 times)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
It might not need to be easier, assuming Medium is the default difficulty. It's just right. Not too hard. On Easy, it becomes much easier, so if they can't beat Medium, they can play that. For those that want a challenge but think Medium is too hard, they don't really want a challenge. That's how I see it.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
It shall

What are you waiting on releasing it?

More material.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
Just finished ST:R - excellent work.

Only one thing I noticed (although I doubt it's a ST:R problem):

When flying an Ursa or Medusa, my defensive turret spends most of it's time shooting down friendly bombs fired at my current target.  It was more than a bit annoying when 6 Harbingers were steaming toward the Hades either side of me only to be shot down by my own turret.  :wtf:
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

When flying an Ursa or Medusa, my defensive turret spends most of it's time shooting down friendly bombs fired at my current target.  It was more than a bit annoying when 6 Harbingers were steaming toward the Hades either side of me only to be shot down by my own turret.  :wtf:
What The ****. That... Really shouldn't be happening. :wtf:

* Snail calls coders

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

What The ****. That... Really shouldn't be happening. :wtf:

* Snail calls coders

Are you sure they were specifically shooting down the bombs, or did the bombs move into your line of fire?

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Very awkward... :confused:
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Is it even possible to shoot down friendly bombs?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
I never thought so...
What's up?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I thought shooting down friendly bombs is only a feature in StarLancer.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

Never has been and probably never will be.  :)

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Glitch, bug?
What's up?

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
It certainly seems that the turret was aiming directly at the bombs, because there was no hostile target in the FOF.  I didn't think it was possible to kill friendly weapons either, but it looks like your turret can.

Glitch, bug?
It's probably going to turn out to be my PC's fault - I've got what must be one of the most broken Vista installs known to man, which typically results in hilarious instability in every other program. :(
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I believe it is possible to shoot friendly bombs down.  You can't specifically target them but I have shot down friendly bombs by accident.  The turret shoots at your current target if there is nothing else to shoot at.  It can accidently shoot your bombs down also.  It does not specifically target the bombs.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
You can target friendly bombs. The only time that I have seen my turret shooting friendly bombs was when I was targeting them. It's done that in retail and the SCP.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
It's fun targeting friendly bombs--you get a nose-cam view of the warhead en route to its target, just like in Descent II. :) AFAIK you can't shoot them down though.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh, when it comes to targeting friendly bombs, you can do that, yes. But you shouldn't be able to shoot them down.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Here's some spoilerish eyecandy. Notice the glow the explosion casts upon the Soyakaze:
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Needs MOAR mediavps :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Good try, Antares.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Here's some spoilerish eyecandy. Notice the glow the explosion casts upon the Soyakaze:

How the heck do you have 99% hull integrity still?  I've piloted an Ursus for that mission and my hull integrity was no where near that high.

Aurora Paradox
Clan Smoke Jaguar
Alpha Star
Star Colonel